Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

amitrandive

Guys, yesterday was one of those days for us as a business, we have sent an email about it.

Everyone decided to update NEST at one time yesterday morning, over 1000 people concurrently trying to download a 17 mb installation file. Because it was slow, everyone start calling us, our lines couldn't handle the load and IVR failed. So even if someone was in a queue, the phone kept ringing. We had over 75 people on our support lines yesterday, but we got 50 time of the normal calling volumes.

What made it worse was that our web and mobile platforms configuration got reset during the transition. The first few hundred people who logged in, could stay logged in. But after that, it was going on and off.

We believe that today there should be no issues with the mobile/web, but it will probably take a couple of days before all issues get settled down.

People who haven't yet done the update for NEST, http://zerodha.com/critical-update/, we have put a short video on how to do the same. It is quite simple. If you by chance get a request failure when trying to login to NEST, try it a couple of times, you will be able to login.

Sorry about not being able to respond here, we were all held up in solving the crisis. We have done a 3x of our server capacity, you will see the improvement in performance for sure today and in the next couple of days. Yesterday, even though we had double checked the implementation a few times, the migration to new rack/setup didn't go as planned. Sorry once again, and we will definitely find a way to make it up to all of you.
Zerodha

I am using Zerodha 3.10,with all the latest critical updates installed.
Is there any need to upgrade to 3.11?

Zerodha
The mobile version did not update , it got stuck , so I un installed the application and tried to download new version but at download site it is still not available. Your Web site is not allowing login
any solution ?

TracerBullet

Are you guys able to log in to Nest today ?? For me it is stuck at 50% for 8-9 minutes now..

Yes, cant login - om_get_ordersRequest to Nest failed, prob server issues.

I just hope that once this transition to pi is over, we get a stable platform. Zerodha needs to improve their system testing processes, both for new releases and everyday monitoring.

Edit - logged in now, maybe started at 9.