Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

onlinegtrash

even trade.zerodha.com is not working now...

Today zerodha totally ruined the day for active traders.
My profitable crude oil position is turning into red.

This level of disruption is not acceptable at all.

There seems to be no backup servers and testing team is on thanks giving vacation?
Put someone competent to have network contingency plans,
hold someone responsible for upgrade failures and trade disruptions.

it worked for me. after working for me only i've given you the link to register.. dont know why it isn't working for you.

Client code = RAxxxx

Member name = ZERODHA

should work..

for me it worked in the same manner..

client code = DVxxxxx

member name = Zerodha

before you register, the details you give like first name, last name, pan number, address and mobile number should match the ones in your account i guess.

Do you mean that your details are not accepted or when you look for trades it is giving "No Records" in return ?

if possible, can you take a screen shot ?
I am at www.nseindia.com/tv and clicked on forgot password link.

I am getting this message "Email address and/or Mobile number you entered is not available with us.Please try again." I entered my email id and phone number correct.

Earlier today when you gave me the link, I had registered it by entering all my details and went to the next page, where the client code and Memeber Name couldnt be sorted.

@ Akhill and also others

What should be a safe stop-loss distance? what technical methods can help us setting a safe stop-loss level?
I suggest you get thorough with the techniques and strategies and then start trading. Because this wouldn't be a normal question if you have already experienced a session or two of live trading.
Anyway since you have asked, I am a day trader and I use price action which helps me get into a breakout or trend before it happens.
Now... The target entirely varies on the price and type of instrument I am trading on. If I am trading with a 200 or sub-200 rupees stock, I will have a target 1.5 percent of the stock value, 3 rupees around. But if I have a stock of higher value than 300, then I aim at the next strongest support or resistances. Keep in mind, I mentioned strongest...

Now you have asked about the stops. A practically safe stop would be below the closest strongest support or above the strongest closest resistance from the entry. Now this should be at least half of your target. A bad entry into the trade will show a risk that might be double your target. Intraday, you should always aim at minimum 1:2 R-R ratio...
And when in a consolidation, look for the average price movement on time frame you are trading on. For example take previous 5 candles subtract the low from highs and average out the movement... This can be done mentally in 5 seconds. Now this will give the average movement. Two points plus this average will be my stop in a consolidation from which i am expecting a breakout...
Now, I also use timely stop loss.. If the current trade that I am in is just 1:2 R-R, I do not wait too long for it to give me my results. I just exit the trade. If it's 1:3 R-R, then I just let the instrument play itself out...
I usually try to take one or two successful trades a day... Haven't been able to do it on the Indian market but Forex, this is how I play cos one or two huge wins are enough... Now if you are not a day trader, you are a scalper, this whole setup changes entirely... You have stops based on previous two or three candles...
This whole thing again depends on your capital and position sizing and stuff. If you are using margin on trading, you need to be careful how you plan on your stops. A straight two or three consecutive stop hits may cause a huge drawdown on your account...
You need to develop your own strategies and find which works for you and which does not... Trading is always unique and strategies don't universally work for everyone...
Hope this helps...

Last edited:
I still get this error: "User cannot login; Reason: Disconnected from NEST system". I have reinstalled the client 3.11.2, updated charts 2.9.3.0 as suggested, the diagnostics window shows it is connecting to the correct server oms.zerodha.in. I tried copying nest3 folder to another location & running it which didnt work.

What was the final solution for this?

Zerodha

Guys, yesterday was one of those days for us as a business, we have sent an email about it.

Everyone decided to update NEST at one time yesterday morning, over 1000 people concurrently trying to download a 17 mb installation file. Because it was slow, everyone start calling us, our lines couldn't handle the load and IVR failed. So even if someone was in a queue, the phone kept ringing. We had over 75 people on our support lines yesterday, but we got 50 time of the normal calling volumes.

What made it worse was that our web and mobile platforms configuration got reset during the transition. The first few hundred people who logged in, could stay logged in. But after that, it was going on and off.

We believe that today there should be no issues with the mobile/web, but it will probably take a couple of days before all issues get settled down.

People who haven't yet done the update for NEST, http://zerodha.com/critical-update/, we have put a short video on how to do the same. It is quite simple. If you by chance get a request failure when trying to login to NEST, try it a couple of times, you will be able to login.

Sorry about not being able to respond here, we were all held up in solving the crisis. We have done a 3x of our server capacity, you will see the improvement in performance for sure today and in the next couple of days. Yesterday, even though we had double checked the implementation a few times, the migration to new rack/setup didn't go as planned. Sorry once again, and we will definitely find a way to make it up to all of you.

People who haven't yet done the update for NEST, http://zerodha.com/critical-update/, we have put a short video on how to do the same. It is quite simple. If you by chance get a request failure when trying to login to NEST, try it a couple of times, you will be able to login.
I still get this error even after reinstalling ZT/NEST 3.11.2 [multiple times now] : "User cannot login; Reason: Disconnected from NEST system". Support ticket number: 373833 :(

Guys, yesterday was one of those days for us as a business, we have sent an email about it.

Everyone decided to update NEST at one time yesterday morning, over 1000 people concurrently trying to download a 17 mb installation file. Because it was slow, everyone start calling us, our lines couldn't handle the load and IVR failed. So even if someone was in a queue, the phone kept ringing. We had over 75 people on our support lines yesterday, but we got 50 time of the normal calling volumes.

What made it worse was that our web and mobile platforms configuration got reset during the transition. The first few hundred people who logged in, could stay logged in. But after that, it was going on and off.

We believe that today there should be no issues with the mobile/web, but it will probably take a couple of days before all issues get settled down.

Sorry about not being able to respond here, we were all held up in solving the crisis. We have done a 3x of our server capacity, you will see the improvement in performance for sure today and in the next couple of days. Yesterday, even though we had double checked the implementation a few times, the migration to new rack/setup didn't go as planned. Sorry once again, and we will definitely find a way to make it up to all of you.

On Pi,

The charts show the data for Dec-5th and not Dec-8th.

Yesterday's data seems to have disappeared.

rrrajguru

Just tell whether PI with its chart and data, is Ok for trading or not.