Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

//About bandwidth consumption on Pi, like I had said earlier that would reduce as soon as our new data servers are up. We are all presently working on the last few issues on Pi. We should have the launch before the end of this year. //

How does your servers reduce the bandwidth consumption at the clients end unless the data transferred is reduced which is depended on the design concepts of the software?

Further,

when I talked about this issue of huge delay for loading the software, one your personal commented that it downloads as much as 40,000 scrips which is why it takes too long.

I just can't understand the above logic. Why should the program data pertaining to 40,000 scrips when I have only a handful of scrips on my market watch?

These are areas you should really be taking hard look. I have been in software industry since when there where 4mgz speed and 10mb hds. I know what exactly is MetaTrader and the differences too. But that is not an excuse to create a white elephant that does not do anything. This is exactly the difference between Honda CRV and Tata storm. Honda does not give anything spectacular, but whatever they provide, it works like a charm. Tata storm on the other hand gives all the advanced facilities in a german car, but rarely works. If today you have to visit the workshop for one reason, tomorrow it would be another, third day there would be entirely different prob. Ultimately those who are stuck with it end up cursing and try to dump it and go for the likes of hondas.

Think simple - Think usable.

Software should not be a pain in the ass for a user - rather it should lighten his work and mind.
Suresh, Pi is a work in progress. We are presently relying on Omnesys for Data, so the data you receive on Pi is not in a compressed form. Hence your bandwidth utilization is more.

Why does all the scrips have to be downloaded, you can use the quick login to avoid it for now. But it has to be downloaded because you as an end user even though has 10 stocks on marketwatch, should ideally be able to add any contract that you wish. But that again will be fixed soon, we are working on this thing setup where there is only incremental download of any new contracts that are added.

LivetoTrade

Anyone here who use MT4/5, can you let us know of a reliable company selling MT4 and data for it?
If wrt Nifty, then GCI and XTB have been providing free data in MT4 for long.
GCI will have a 4 point difference, while XTB will have 2 point difference - that should be their brokerage.

GLS was providing good data - almost accurate, free until recently, but now being charged - again MT4 format.

I try to change the TF and it hangs up.. that happens even if I try to change the time frame from the menu :(

If any uninstall/reinstall is needed, I better do that over the weekend.
Can you address this issue please..

Jai Mata Di

...we are working on this thing setup where there is only incremental download of any new contracts that are added.
Yes this is most important thing. :thumb:

1. Pi can download 40,000 scrips or more, but only once a month after expiary and save it on our hard disk, then only incremental download when any new contracts are added.

-----------

2. Already said here, Meta Trader uses very less bandwidth mainly due to it updates only incremental data in the database on our hard disk for every open charts (with time frames) on our workspace.

Unless we open a new script or new time frame there is no need to download fresh data again and again.

When we first install Meta Trader, the data base size on our hard disk is very small, but after using 6-10 months it gradually increases to 300-500 Mb. Bcoz it saved all required data on hard disk once downloaded, after that only incremental updating happens.

Due to very efficient database organization and only incremental update, MT consumes very less bandwidth.

Anyone can see the secrets of Meta Trader:- :clapping:

All opened charts in work space is already saved in Database on our Hard Disk (See Below). Thre is only incremental download.

001.png

002.png

003.png

Pi must use similar database design method. It'll also enhances its efficiency even on moderate bandwidth connection like Tata Photon/Photon Plus etc on our laptop.

If Pi uses Internet Data like 10GB+ per month, it can cost us more than most of charting data provider. :eek:
So Zerodha must design Pi for 'Incremental Data Update' only.

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

@throwaway just saw your comment, we can't give data from NEST/Pi to power amibroker/MT4 or any other charting platform, it is one of the most simplest things to give actually. If we do, that would mean we will kill exchanges's data vending business, and all these data vendors in the country http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/List_data_Vendors.pdf. .
Even a 10 min delayed feed to Ami is fine for those trading longer timeframes. There are so many features in Ami that cannot be ported elsewhere.

A 10 min delayed feed isn't going to cause trouble for anyone.

columbus