Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Jai Mata Di

Some important fixes required for New Nest Chart.

Dear, Zerodha,

New Nest Chart is loading fast.

Here is some important fixes required:-

1. Parabolic Sar is always plotted on default Black Colour (Colour is not changing, so not visible on Black /Any Dark Back Ground).
2. Last Candle coincides on right axis, we need some blank right margin space.
3. High Low Ema is missing only closing price.

Thanks for the effort. :)

Happy Trading & Best Wishes.

H.C.

As a brokerage we are allowed to give data only on a trading platform which is approved by the exchange. There are a bunch of circulars on that.

Every exchange in the world charges for data, some of them even charge for data on the trading platform. Atleast it is free for the trading platform in INdia. :)

Buying and selling unauthorized data is piracy. NSE sent out notices recently to a bunch of websites selling unauthorized data.

And throwaway you are wrong about the US thing you have mentioned. Esignal/tradestation charge is between $ 200 to $ 300 per month for datafeed. What you see on metatrader is like I mentioned earlier not even real data, they are basically like videogames and hence very popular for currency trading where orders are not sent to a central exchange and data you see is basically for CFD's contracts that mirror an underlying contract that trades on an exchange. US is probably among the most expensive places to buy data.

I never said give it out for free. you can have a same business model as Esignal/tradestation.

Yes NSE did sent out circulars regarding selling unauthorized data, but that didn't stop the illegal vendors.

Just get rid of NEST/PI. :). We need a stable and world class charting package.

Don't mind paying a little more for data if it comes combined with brokerage or even separately.

//Just get rid of NEST/PI. . We need a stable and world class charting package.

Don't mind paying a little more for data if it comes combined with brokerage or even separately.//

||Just get rid of NEST/PI.|| That is a tall order. As customers, we cannot say something like that. You are able to say that ONLY because Zerodha is listening. Try that to ICICIDIRECT or Sherkhan or any other brokerages. They won't even listen.

Telling them what you want and telling them to get rid of something their business (Pi has become theirs) is a totally different matter and is out of bounds of a customer.

||We need a stable and world class charting package.|| True and only a reasonable to ask.

||Don't mind paying a little more for data if it comes combined with brokerage or even separately.|| This depends on person to person and lots of other factors. The least we can say, lower the cost, the better.

Brokerage cost
Software Cost
Charting Cost
Scrips cost
Algo Cost
Internet Cost

Laptop/computer/ups Cost
Electricity Cost
Time cost

The funny thing is I have seen many people spending a whole day on the terminal incurring all the above cost and do not even make 100 rs a day.

At one point Rs 20 a trade a something new and Zerodha stood tall among all the other brokerages who took away a major portion of what the client makes and more. Today that is fading away with many others adopting the scheme. If Zerodha wants to maintain that position, they will have to introduce something that is unique and really attractive to the clients. I hope they do just that.

pinpoint159

Loves Coding and Trading.
Installed the Nest Charts!!!

and my humble request - PLEASE ENABLE SHIFT+C CHARTS WITH 1m, 5m, 15m and 30m TF. THAT IS ALL

PS: (with all respect)We are not here to find and report the problems in the charting software. as i mentioned earlier Omnesys is making all of us(including Zerodha) just jokers or whatever.
I am supporting the Shift+C request(both index and stocks) .... please bring that back and all this problem of nestplus/nestcharts will not be there .....

Regarding nest charts: if u draw a support line(horizontal), u cannot modify it, cannot extend it... which was available in both (shift+c) and plus....

since the update of nest charts charts are not working. white background, no double click zoom, even from right click zoom is not working cant see intraday charts in full screen.
I think we will have to wait a day or two till Omnesys sees their Lite version in action, before they do something more with it. For me, the charts hang up when I change the time frame. So it is google charts for me till a working version is available from Nest Plus.

//Just get rid of NEST/PI. . We need a stable and world class charting package.

Don't mind paying a little more for data if it comes combined with brokerage or even separately.//

||Just get rid of NEST/PI.|| That is a tall order. As customers, we cannot say something like that. You are able to say that ONLY because Zerodha is listening. Try that to ICICIDIRECT or Sherkhan or any other brokerages. They won't even listen.

Telling them what you want and telling them to get rid of something their business (Pi has become theirs) is a totally different matter and is out of bounds of a customer.

||We need a stable and world class charting package.|| True and only a reasonable to ask.

||Don't mind paying a little more for data if it comes combined with brokerage or even separately.|| This depends on person to person and lots of other factors. The least we can say, lower the cost, the better.

Brokerage cost
Software Cost
Charting Cost
Scrips cost
Algo Cost
Internet Cost

Laptop/computer/ups Cost
Electricity Cost
Time cost

The funny thing is I have seen many people spending a whole day on the terminal incurring all the above cost and do not even make 100 rs a day.

At one point Rs 20 a trade a something new and Zerodha stood tall among all the other brokerages who took away a major portion of what the client makes and more. Today that is fading away with many others adopting the scheme. If Zerodha wants to maintain that position, they will have to introduce something that is unique and really attractive to the clients. I hope they do just that.
As a customer , i have every right to voice my opinion on Pi or whatever. It up to Zerodha to consider it.

As always Zerodha tries to evades from the crux of the matter. The point i was trying to make is instead of reinventing the wheel , they could have provided time tested and stable charting platforms.

Just imagine , if zerodha had provided trading + data plugin for ninja and ami. 90% of issues that people complain here would not be there.

And coming to back Pi, when most traders are used to ami , we would expect nothing less and Pi will never be to able to catch up to ami.

Now that competition is heating up...there will surely be another broker around the corner, who will listen to the customers and actually try to solve them. Until then we just have to wait....

Zerodha

As a customer , i have every right to voice my opinion on Pi or whatever. It up to Zerodha to consider it.

As always Zerodha tries to evades from the crux of the matter. The point i was trying to make is instead of reinventing the wheel , they could have provided time tested and stable charting platforms.

Just imagine , if zerodha had provided trading + data plugin for ninja and ami. 90% of issues that people complain here would not be there.

And coming to back Pi, when most traders are used to ami , we would expect nothing less and Pi will never be to able to catch up to ami.

Now that competition is heating up...there will surely be another broker around the corner, who will listen to the customers and actually try to solve them. Until then we just have to wait....
Hey Throwaway, hopefully you will put yourself in our shoes sometime.

You can make scathing comments and get away because you are " Throwaway" a pseudo id and what you say will make no difference to your reputation. We on the other hand are a business and have to basically keep quiet because we have a brand to protect.

We have had detractors from Day 1 of our business on traderji, the 3rd page of our first thread here like 1lk+ posts back, there were a bunch of people who said that we will disappear in few months and can't keep up with answering queries and we will burn. So yeah, we would love to prove the detractors wrong.

We are all working hard to make something work, working weekends, working 15 to 20 hours a day, so when you make some random blanket statement like get rid of what we are working on, hmm.. I don't know what you would feel if you were in our shoes.

Feedback is good, the only thing you had issue on earlier was about horizontal/vertical lines not being able to be moved. That has been fixed. The other issue you have now is the data, that will be fixed soon, we have been telling that our data servers will take a few days to be operational. So if there is anything that you want to be fixed, let us know and that will help us.

Coming back to reinvent the wheel bit, you seem to know more than what we all who have been in the business for so long seem to know. Would love to hear what you mean by we should not have reinvented the wheel?

If you are talking about MT4/5, they don't have exchange trading capability.

If you are talking about charting platforms like Amibroker/Ninja trader, they can't be customized to trade directly on exchange. And like I already said earlier, data can't be given free of cost from NEST. Even if there was a way we did, we still have to rely on NEST which we have no control on(owned by omnesys). Also license of Amibroker/ninjatrader costs between Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000. Can we support a person who uses pirated version? No.

Esignal, tradestation, costs between Rs 1.2lks to Rs 2lks per year to use. Again can't be customized for trading on Indian exchanges.
If you are okay paying this much, to have same model as esignal/tradestation, you need to own the software first right? An esignal/tradestation won't sell their proprietary software to a brokerage in India, would they? When their entire business is around licensing. Why do we need to own it, because without owning it, we can't have it customized to all those 100 regulations that Indian exchanges have.

The only products out there in India are those built by Omnesys, FT, DION, Omnesys is definitely the best of the three.

There are a bunch of technology vendors around the world especially in Russia/Ukraine, but everyone charges on per license, and costs are restrictive.

So do let us know if you think there is some better option that we don't already know about.

Pi is a work in progress, it is like looking at a building that is not yet completely constructed. And like every big project, we have encountered issues that we hadn't earlier factored in, we have to work in probably the most regulated business environment in the country. But by the end of it, you can be rest assure that you will have the best trading platform in the country. We love to hear feedback, but give us something which is constructive instead of blanket statements which are of no use.

I don't know why I am even writing this,because I am sure you will come back with another comment and I will have to keep quiet because, " Customer is always right" :)