Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

What happens if a CNC position is reversed intraday without converting to MIS. ie say Sell 100 CNC + Buy 100 CNC. Is it treated as MIS with reduced brokerage and without touching delivery stocks? thanks
Tracer, we have taken the Tax PNL live for this year. So you can see your speculative (intraday) and Non speculative separately.

The normal P&L (indicative/absolute), won't make that distinction.

Cheers,

Zerodha

Please ensure that the Data feed is accurate and there is no missing data. Even if the connection from your server and exchange server got disconnected, ensure that the missing data is updated.

Thanks
:thumb:
Yep dedicated servers only for this. In the latest release, we even have a reconcile button on every chart. So if your internet gets disconnected and comes back after a bit, press the reconcile and the chart will get all the missed data .

Zerodha

Morning paid via Zerodha trader's secured pay-in option...amount got deducted from my bank account, but in ZT status as failed transaction, and amount not reflected in RMS view....opened ticket at 9.25 ...i called @ 9.30... still not after 5 hours problem not rectified ....

total amount blocked in hell.... in between earth and heaven since morning..

no trades today... you got one more damn vexed customer....
Sorry about any inconvenience caused, unfortunately this is not under our control. we use the best payment gateway service provider, but once there is a failed transaction, even we can't do till the bank confirms to the payment gateway provider. On a day like today (banks half year end), hmmm.. no one responds from the bank in time.

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Sorry about any inconvenience caused, unfortunately this is not under our control. we use the best payment gateway service provider, but once there is a failed transaction, even we can't do till the bank confirms to the payment gateway provider. On a day like today (banks half year end), hmmm.. no one responds from the bank in time.
But bank confirms me this in under 5 minutes. I called my bank customer support @ 9.40 a.m itself and they picked up the phone and checked the transaction detail too and replied back that payment is successful.

I am not sure why they make late for you people like payment gateways guys while they can answer retail customers like me to confirm the payment debit in under 5 minutes.

I am not sure whether i can trade tomorrow also.. already there is coming 5 holidays..include today and tomorrow.. totally 7 days holidays for me....

Zerodha

But bank confirms me this in under 5 minutes. I called my bank customer support @ 9.40 a.m itself and they picked up the phone and checked the transaction detail too and replied back that payment is successful.

I am not sure why they make late for you people like payment gateways guys while they can answer retail customers like me to confirm the payment debit in under 5 minutes.

I am not sure whether i can trade tomorrow also.. already there is coming 5 holidays..include today and tomorrow.. totally 7 days holidays for me....
If it comes to our bank account, yes we can do it in under 2 minutes. But we can't call your bank and ask if your account is debited for the funds.

simplebuthard

If it comes to our bank account, yes we can do it in under 2 minutes. But we can't call your bank and ask if your account is debited for the funds.
Understood there is nothing you can't do urgently as this is completely a problem only for me. Thanks for your reply.

I will use NEFT transaction instead of this instant payment gateways from my next payment onwards.

By my this reply, at least you will sleep peacefully at night.

ganeshams

Understood there is nothing you can't do urgently as this is completely a problem only for me. Thanks for your reply.

I will use NEFT transaction instead of this instant payment gateways from my next payment onwards.

By my this reply, at least you will sleep peacefully at night.
Same thing happened to me as well 2 months back and it took 24 hours to solve.
I checked with my bank they told me amount been credited to beneficiary and even I gave ref Number but zerodha keep telling amount is not recieved.
just to add a bit when amount is transferred through NEFT it takes maximum 2 to 3 hours to reflect in other account as batch processing will happen every hour or so. if the amount transferred from our account and it is not reflecting in the other account where will be the amount gone for 24 hours?
Zerodha should through some more details on this to avoid the confusion or whatsoever.

simplebuthard

Same thing happened to me as well 2 months back and it took 24 hours to solve.
I checked with my bank they told me amount been credited to beneficiary and even I gave ref Number but zerodha keep telling amount is not recieved.
just to add a bit when amount is transferred through NEFT it takes maximum 2 to 3 hours to reflect in other account as batch processing will happen every hour or so. if the amount transferred from our account and it is not reflecting in the other account where will be the amount gone for 24 hours?
Zerodha should through some more details on this to avoid the confusion or whatsoever.

Ganeshams, thanks for adding your experience.

Yes, I know that NEFT transfer take upto 2 to 24 hours and also after that Zerodha manually will credit us after amount reached them. SO totally this go anywhere from 4 to 30 hours( incase assuming zerodha receives money only after 24 hours from the transfer I did). But at least we will be knowing this peacefully in advance. But if instant transfers case, we can't be peacefully especially both parties claim bank, zerodha that is nothing can be done.

For your question regarding where will be the money 24 hours,,,, that money will be in payment gateway providers account.... Unfortunately payment gateway providers deal this issue in different ways for different merchants and buyers (customers) like us. In some cases, they refund the money to the buyers account, in some cases, they credit the money to the merchants (zerodha in our case) and merchants release the product/service to customer.

For security purposes for both buyers and merchants, payment gateway providers operates this way.

But nowadays, some advance payment gateway providers like payumoney.com , they just provides options for buyers in their sites itself to release the payments to merchants by confirming that buyer got received the product/service.

So definitely we are progressing ahead in technologies by such companies like payumoney.... hopefully after 10 years, we will be enjoying these all.. but for now we have to learn to be patience, that is what possible in our side...nothing else...

even after knowing all these, i can't be patience..because i have no alternate money to trade and i missed my daily earnings target of 1000 to 1500 Rs....