Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Rather confusing. If I am using a continuous chart, then the gap in the chart at expiry is understandable.

But suppose I am tracking the next months chart and I am trading off it. There will always be a price difference between the near month chart and the next month chart because of the additional one month. As of now USDINROCT is trading at 61.87 and USDINRNov is trading at 62.25. Now if the near month contract expires, its not that suddenly the next month contract would attract premium. And so ideally it should continue to trade at approximately the same price, may be with increased volumes. Because if this price jump happens at every expiry, then I can take position in the next month contract at around 12:29 on the day of near month expiry, wait for the prices to shoot up at 12:30 and make handsome returns. Whats wrong with my logic here?
I guess algos would already be working on such anomalies in the market.

megapixel

Hi Zerodha,

I bought NEULANDLAB shares on 01-08-2014 and sold on 20-08-2014.

Today(29-09-2014) I have received a book and an application form NEULANDLAB by post.

Book heading "ABRIDGED LETTER OF OFFER, sept 22,2014, For eligible equity shareholders of the company only

application form has a bold colored text which says " Issue of 12,25,276 equity shares of a face value of Rs 10 each (equity shares) of neuland lab for cash at a prie of rs 204 per equity share including a share premium of rs 194 per equity share aggregating to rs 2499.56 lacs to the existing equity shareholders of our company on a rights basis in the ratio of 4 fully paid up equity shares for every 25 fully paid up equity share held on the record date i.e aug 14,2014 (right issue/the issue). The issue price for the equity share is 20.4 times the face value of the eqity share"
The there is a composite application form(CAF),Part-A,part-B ,part-C.

What is this all about ? Is there any action needs to be taken from my side.

Could you please explain in simple words what is this for ? I really don't understand these stuff.

Hi Zerodha,

Today(29-09-2014) I have received a book and an application form NEULANDLAB by post.

Book heading "ABRIDGED LETTER OF OFFER, sept 22,2014, For eligible equity shareholders of the company only

application form has a bold colored text which says " Issue of 12,25,276 equity shares of a face value of Rs 10 each (equity shares) of neuland lab for cash at a prie of rs 204 per equity share including a share premium of rs 194 per equity share aggregating to rs 2499.56 lacs to the existing equity shareholders of our company on a rights basis in the ratio of 4 fully paid up equity shares for every 25 fully paid up equity share held on the record date i.e aug 14,2014 (right issue/the issue). The issue price for the equity share is 20.4 times the face value of the eqity share"

Could you please explain in simple words what is this for ? I really don't understand these stuff.
On the record date i.e 14th Aug, you were a shareholder of this company, thats why you got the offer for the preferential rights share. You can ignore this if you dont want to buy fresh shares.

megapixel

On the record date i.e 14th Aug, you were a shareholder of this company, thats why you got the offer for the preferential rights share. You can ignore this if you dont want to buy fresh shares.
Could you please provide some info on this ..

does preferential rights share is cheaper than market ?

are they bought directly from company (not from exchange) ? (I am saying this because in the application form CAF there is place for DD payment)

suppose if I buy preferential rights share ...will I able to sell it in the exchange ? or I have to sell it where from I bought.

Could you please provide some info on this ..

does preferential rights share is cheaper than market ?

are they bought directly from company (not from exchange) ? (I am saying this because in the application form CAF there is place for DD payment)

suppose if I buy preferential rights share ...will I able to sell it in the exchange ? or I have to sell it where from I bought.
I believe that the shares get credited into the same demat account and you would be free to trade it in the exchange. But I am not an expert on this, so please consult others too.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

Check this http://tradingqna.com/6534/abridged-letter-of-offer-neuland-lab-shares