Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

LivetoTrade

Zerodha, I guess the question about Nifty Spot charts in Pi, remains unanswered.

Hope it will be available.

TracerBullet

do you want to go back to paper share trading days??? :lol:

this is one of the reason why still retail people does not have algo trading approval.

Think about it!!!
But then you would expect vendor to solve a long standing known problem. They havent fixed it for quite a while now and so we get people asking about it. Its not correct to not fix bug and hide behind some document.

Lets hope all of omnesys baggage gets fixed with Pi. Really i would like all brokers to feel the pressure now to come up with good trading software. Either improve or die :)

vishal7176

@ Zerodha
what is launch date of PI

Is It Free software ?

If have cost then how much ?

----------------
One more suggestion , there TT have problem for login everytime whenever internet connection blink , everytime enter login, membership and trading password , i hopes u will have not problem like that.

thank you

@ Zerodha
what is launch date of PI

Is It Free software ?

If have cost then how much ?

----------------
One more suggestion , there TT have problem for login everytime whenever internet connection blink , everytime enter login, membership and trading password , i hopes u will have not problem like that.

thank you
Zerodha has confirmed that if will be free for active traders. The active trader defination not yet decided but Zerodha has said that they are thinking on calling traders/investors generating Rs 250-300 per month as brokerage as active traders. Fair I guess....

Smart_trade

Zerodha has confirmed that if will be free for active traders. The active trader defination not yet decided but Zerodha has said that they are thinking on calling traders/investors generating Rs 250-300 per month as brokerage as active traders. Fair I guess....

Smart_trade
I think that they should also define inactive traders. Or maybe average out the brokerage amount over a certain period like 3 months or so. As Kiran pointed out, a trader who is on a vacation may not trade for a month or so.

No technical glitches are not really compensated by brokers (including us). Even the account opening document that you sign with whichever broker covers this, this is actually a mandatory document that exchanges/SEBI asks for from every person trading online.
What about losses occurring due to human errors like wrong orders placed by dealers? If human errors can be refunded why not technical? I am paranoid about this.

manojborle

Dear Zerodha

I am marine Engineer and can trade only when I am on leave(Unavailibility of internet on Ship).
As you said you are considering 300-400 per month brokerage to define active trader, my brokerage is far more than that even if I trade only in Leave period (4-5 months in a year).

What will be your criterion in my case ?

Zerodha

What about losses occurring due to human errors like wrong orders placed by dealers? If human errors can be refunded why not technical? I am paranoid about this.
Firstly it is tough to determine what is a technical issue and who is responsible for this. So if you pass the buck to the brokerage, he might pass it onto the leased line guys,and so on.. Also what happens when there is a profit made because of any such technical issue?

The rule says that brokerages have to cover (not just in India, but any exchange around the world) if he has made any gain out of the error. So yeah the only thing a brokerage is liable to pay back in case of an error human or technical is if the brokerage made any gain out of it (basically the brokerage).

We at Zerodha, if there is a human error which is completely because of our dealer do reimburse as a goodwill, but we don't have to do it by law. Traders have to account for this risk while trading/investing in the markets. Technical risk at the brokerage, your internet, exchanges, wherever. You can look at so many incidents at the exchange level also which was never compensated.

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha

I am marine Engineer and can trade only when I am on leave(Unavailibility of internet on Ship).
As you said you are considering 300-400 per month brokerage to define active trader, my brokerage is far more than that even if I trade only in Leave period (4-5 months in a year).

What will be your criterion in my case ?
Manoj, we will come back on this, and even if we charge for inactive clients it won't be more than 300 to 500 rupees a month...

Zerodha – Open Paperless Account

Open online account with Zerodha. Free delivery trading and Max Rs 20 for Intraday, F&O, Currency and Commodity Trading. Intraday High leverage with MIS, CO and BO.

Name:Phone:
Email:City:
State:
Are you a day trader?