Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

manishchan

We got invited to the ALS ice bucket challenge, and this is what we did with it. Don't forget to turn up the volume. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8m_5-gZaIE
Kudos Zerodha !!! You hve nailed it !!

While many famous faces are busy wasting buckets of water (in country like ours where water is so precious).. there couldn't hv been better way to accept ALS challenge. Well done... !!! :clapping::clapping:

columbus

)(*)_)*)*%^&$@#

That "adjusted close" thing cost me 20000 pts today. Zerodha, you should really really think of consolation prizes :D

@timepass,

Reproducing the PM sent to ZERODHA.

CROWD index is a good initiative by you.

PREDICTION is based on 2 factors ,namely
1.Fastness (time)
2.Closeness(Accuracy)

I have a suggestion.

1.At present prediction within ±5 points fetches FULL points.Others NIL points.

Please change to 96% if predicted in ±1 point accuracy,92% if
±2 points,88% if ±3 points........60% if predicted within ±10 points,..............20% if predicted within ±20............NIL if
predicted ±25.

In this way ,you can increase the participation since most of
them get some points against their name.

@timepass,

Reproducing the PM sent to ZERODHA.

CROWD index is a good initiative by you.

PREDICTION is based on 2 factors ,namely
1.Fastness (time)
2.Closeness(Accuracy)

I have a suggestion.

1.At present prediction within ±5 points fetches FULL points.Others NIL points.

Please change to 96% if predicted in ±1 point accuracy,92% if
±2 points,88% if ±3 points........60% if predicted within ±10 points,..............20% if predicted within ±20............NIL if
predicted ±25.

In this way ,you can increase the participation since most of
them get some points against their name.
That way they will have the hassle of awarding points based on both accuracy and timing.. suppose someone has 96% accuracy and predicted at 10am ?? How would the participant score in comparison to someone who predicted at 96% accuracy at 6pm yesterday ??

They have a simplified formula at present, which I think that they will stick to for a while.

columbus

That way they will have the hassle of awarding points based on both accuracy and timing.. suppose someone has 96% accuracy and predicted at 10am ?? How would the participant score in comparison to someone who predicted at 96% accuracy at 6pm yesterday ??

They have a simplified formula at present, which I think that they will stick to for a while.
Every passing time of the current trading day REDUCES the the number of points.
Say ,for example sake ,a person gets MAX 18000 points at 10AM.
He misses the target by 1 point.So he gets (18000*0.96)=17,280.
But a person ,predicts the same at 6pm previous day ,he gets (20,000*0.96)=19,200 points.

Brill

It'll be good if PI provides at least 45 days of Intraday data. Presently Trade Tiger provides 30 day only.

We also need enough candles to plot 200 MA on hourly, 2 hourly & 4 hourly charts to see long-term trends. Nest Plus unfortunately don't provide enough candles on longer time frame charts, but 1hour, 2 hour, 4 hour candles also have big importance. We must not need Ami, Meta, MT4 etc along with PI to see long-term trends in Hour1,Hour2, Hour4 Candle Charts.
Zerodha must take care of this to make PI stand alone charting application. :thumb:

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

It'll be good if PI provides at least 45 days of Intraday data. Presently Trade Tiger provides 30 day only.

We also need enough candles to plot 200 MA on hourly, 2 hourly & 4 hourly charts to see long-term trends. Nest Plus unfortunately don't provide enough candles on longer time frame charts, but 1hour, 2 hour, 4 hour candles also have big importance. We must not need Ami, Meta, MT4 etc along with PI to see long-term trends in Hour1,Hour2, Hour4 Candle Charts.
Zerodha must take care of this to make PI stand alone charting application. :thumb:

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

Zerodha,

In a worst case scenario,
Suppose I place orders, and your trading terminal hangs for some reason (My Internet, or yours or technical error), and the completed orders are not displayed. Not knowing this, I try repeatedly, and i then realize that the order has been placed more than once and I now have a loss (without my fault, due to a technical error from your side) Will you pay for the damage caused?

columbus

Zerodha,

In a worst case scenario,
Suppose I place orders, and your trading terminal hangs for some reason (My Internet, or yours or technical error), and the completed orders are not displayed. Not knowing this, I try repeatedly, and i then realize that the order has been placed more than once and I now have a loss (without my fault, due to a technical error from your side) Will you pay for the damage caused?
In case ORDER is not shown in ORDER BOOK or in completed orders or in TRADE BOOK ,you can do TWO things.

1.Check with POSITIONS (in ADMIN)
2.RECONCILE.(preference....>user settings.......>reconcile)

There have been times when it does not show for those few moments. And then when you re-try, it still does not show in either admin positions or F3.

My question is, if it has been caused by an error on the side of Zerodha, will they compensate?

comm4300

There have been times when it does not show for those few moments. And then when you re-try, it still does not show in either admin positions or F3.

My question is, if it has been caused by an error on the side of Zerodha, will they compensate?
No. The responsibility partly lies on us. And who gets to decide if the error is due to Zerodha or broadband, our laptop etc?

I guess there have been instances like this before which was discussed right in this thread.