Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

manojborle

@Zerodha, Will Pi be available to all using Zerodha as broker or is there any subscription ?
Will it replace hopeless Nesttrader ? :annoyed:

TracerBullet

1) oops, i inverted the link url and text. Here
The question is whether POA is compulsory for online access. MM says its its not needed and is taken unnecessatily by everyone. Lets assume i have account only with you.
Please reply.

Pi is on C# ,

support amibroker? we will put out all other details soon...
When things settle down and you have free time, please consider porting pi to work against mono.
Its an alternate c# implementation and depending upon pi codebase and dependencies, hopefully, you can get linux version for free. i guess not many use linux here but it would be nice to have. Else i wait for HTML5.

xsis

if i know the brokerage industry well and specially ZERODHA then - in mostest likeliest (superlative degree @ its peak!) situation, pi could, would, should, must be a paid trading platform

so guys :console: and mark this post and refer at the time of pi launch :gunsmilie:

And here you go guys, just so that you know we really have a platform called "Pi" ready to be launched.. :) http://youtu.be/Pd66QOQwykQ

Zerodha

1) oops, i inverted the link url and text. Here
The question is whether POA is compulsory for online access. MM says its its not needed and is taken unnecessatily by everyone. Lets assume i have account only with you.

2) Yes, still i would like to be able to see orderwise brokerage to record expenses in my log. Anyway, as of now, is it ever filled? If not why have the column at all? It is always empty for me.

3) Money, Money. pi looks good . Ordering by marking in chart is very nice.
Quick Orders / Chart orders - i didnt see option to set trigger price. Please add if not already present.
Is your HTML5 based version also based on pi? Will it have ordering from chart too? I would really like to be able to use linux when trading. Omnesys web/Z5 is not that good although it seemed nice on first look.
1. For now, yeah you will need a POA, but going forward we are hoping to have a system where people can transfer shares to our pool account and be able to sell it.

Don't know who has posted that it is unnecessary, POA is required for smooth online trading. Without a POA we will not be able to debit shares from your demat account.

Assume you have 100 shares of Reliance in your demat, you will be able to sell this only if you once transfer it to our pool account. The reason being, you could sell reliance and then transfer shares to your other demat account, what will happen to the RMS of the brokerage?

2. If 1 order gets executed in 7 trades, the brokerage we charge is 20, but we cannot now break up the 20 among the 7 trades on the contract note. It causes too much of confusion.

3. Quick orders is only limit, but yeah the order from chart if you are buying above the price or selling below the price, automatically becomes SL.

4. No HTML5 and Pi has nothing to do with each other. Linux.. hmm... that might take some time.

Jai Mata Di

Cost I don't think will really be a factor..
You can charge a small token free for non active traders, but you must make PI free for Active Traders.

You can can impose minimum trade/turnover per month rule. If a trader don't satisfy that rule deduct token charge of PI end of 30days cycle.

Active Traders generates more volumes/turnover. NSE offers discounts to members who bring more volumes, so Zerodha earns big from these Active Traders. Little money is not a factor for Active Traders, but the additional respect from beloved broker, like FREE PI.. :)

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

manojborle

Everyone will be able to place on NEST as well as Pi. user will have both the options.
It means Pi platform is not free.
It is okay, how will it be priced ?
I hope small retail traders like us get to use it.

manishchan

if i know the brokerage industry well and specially ZERODHA then - in mostest likeliest (superlative degree @ its peak!) situation, pi could, would, should, must be a paid trading platform

so guys :console: and mark this post and refer at the time of pi launch :gunsmilie:

And if it happens to be true.. then all will Hail to Xsis ?? :D Whtz the point u are trying to make. Whether it free or chargeable is yet to be discovered. Zerodha is indicating in their post dt "Cost is not the Factor".. further people can use Nest as well as PI. So let's wait and watch the show. Off late Zerodha has been coming up wid many out of the box ideas.. Their brokerage refund plan (no other brokers offer this), Pulse news, Crowd (not so great thouh).. why not embrace it as long as their effort is to help the traders. :)

TracerBullet

3. Quick orders is only limit, but yeah the order from chart if you are buying above the price or selling below the price, automatically becomes SL
But then would we be able to set limit? i would like to be able to place entry order with trigger and limit to reduce slippage.

Please consider it as feature request for future. We could have say two icons - one for trigger and other for limit price. The tigger price icon can be removed once it triggers. You could make it configurable to have SL-M / SL-L as default.
Alternately, if you have a seperate ordering window too, we can have an option to quickly mark the limit/trigger in chart (along with manually entering it).
thanks

You can charge a small token free for non active traders, but you must make PI free for Active Traders.

You can can impose minimum trade/turnover per month rule. If a trader don't satisfy that rule deduct token charge of PI end of 30days cycle.

Active Traders generates more volumes/turnover. NSE offers discounts to members who bring more volumes, so Zerodha earns big from these Active Traders. Little money is not a factor for Active Traders, but the additional respect from beloved broker, like FREE PI.. :)

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.
Zerodha brokeage is low enough (ofc lower would be better :)). If they integrate a kickass ordering system too along with charts, people will probably prefer to use it instead of using ZT for charts and ordering from elsewhere. This i hope will provide enough reason to keep it free/reasonable and allow learners to also use it.
Feature request - Simulation mode.

First they introduced low brokerage, soon good tools. Competition is good.

Last edited: