Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Esse

Hi,
I have an issue. I have an account with you. Today I placed a buy order of 1 lot at 7695. But it did not reflect on the lower part of the screen or the order book. So I placed another one and since there was no response I punched in a third. All at the same price. Then I called up support and the call was not responded to. So I called up a sales guy who also failed to connect me to support but wanted me to reinstall the software. When I eventually logged in all three had got executed. I immediately called up for help but the support guys were not available. So the sales girl said she would get me in touch with support in some time. When she eventually called she asked me to mail to support. and also asked me to square up the order since the losses would only mount.
The mail to support first was responded to by a ticket no. and eventually a mail which said that the technicality existed for some time and losses cannot be reverted back. Also the losses were referred to as "notional". I wonder if someone pays up 9k for a technical glitch and the person concerned tries to pass the buck (as expected) what should we understand of the broker and his business ethics.
I wonder what you would have to say to this.

Regards

Zerodha

Hi,
I have an issue. I have an account with you. Today I placed a buy order of 1 lot at 7695. But it did not reflect on the lower part of the screen or the order book. So I placed another one and since there was no response I punched in a third. All at the same price. Then I called up support and the call was not responded to. So I called up a sales guy who also failed to connect me to support but wanted me to reinstall the software. When I eventually logged in all three had got executed. I immediately called up for help but the support guys were not available. So the sales girl said she would get me in touch with support in some time. When she eventually called she asked me to mail to support. and also asked me to square up the order since the losses would only mount.
The mail to support first was responded to by a ticket no. and eventually a mail which said that the technicality existed for some time and losses cannot be reverted back. Also the losses were referred to as "notional". I wonder if someone pays up 9k for a technical glitch and the person concerned tries to pass the buck (as expected) what should we understand of the broker and his business ethics.
I wonder what you would have to say to this.

Regards
If you don't see an order, the best thing to do is to press reconcile (ctrl +P) and it will fetch the latest order book position from the servers. I know today for 5 to 10 mins there were issues for people using MTS and another broadband service provider, can't remember the name. Will try to locate your ticket and try to get some details on what the issue was.

Esse

If you don't see an order, the best thing to do is to press reconcile (ctrl +P) and it will fetch the latest order book position from the servers. I know today for 5 to 10 mins there were issues for people using MTS and another broadband service provider, can't remember the name. Will try to locate your ticket and try to get some details on what the issue was.
Hi,

This was not a broadband issue from the client part. In the mail from zerodha it is clearly mentioned that there were internet issues in their server. If you want I will post that mail here. Just for the record later the admin also sent a general msg that people having this problem should relogin. But by that time the harm was done. I have a screenshot of the message along with the time. If you want I can post it here as well.

For the record at that time interval I had also sent a mail to [email protected] to migrate me to now. if you want I will post a copy of the mail.
I appreciate your effort of illuminating me on ctrl + p but at that time it was not working and neither was the support reachable. In case you want I can post details of call records (with zerodha sales guys, who also could not transfer to support). The support ticket mail details :

We have received your request and created the ticket #305751. You can click on the link to view and track the progress of your ticket online.

Subject: Major issue
Submitted: 01/08/2014 3:02 pm

But what will you do by getting the ticket no. End of the day you will make me pay for it. See the details and you will be able to ascertain the truth in my statement.

Regards

These are the issues one has to face in electronic trading.Servers hanging,orders and trades not getting reflected in the front end terminal though they are executed in the trading system...

But in such emergencies, some senior guys must attend the support desk and the call should not get transferred from one person to the other as the time is important here....and giving a ticket number in such emergency is of no use.

Smart_trade

I have faced these problems with the other brokers. Then when gone deep into the reasons, I find that when a trade is matched, NSE server send the confirmation to brokers server which in turn sends it to clients terminal. If broker's server or the clients terminal is hanged/lost connectivity even for few seconds, the trade confirmation does not get reflected on our terminal.It is always a good practice to reconcile/ refresh so that the upto the second position is fetched from NSE server and we get trade confirmation....

Smart_trade

Esse

I have faced these problems with the other brokers. Then when gone deep into the reasons, I find that when a trade is matched, NSE server send the confirmation to brokers server which in turn sends it to clients terminal. If broker's server or the clients terminal is hanged/lost connectivity even for few seconds, the trade confirmation does not get reflected on our terminal.It is always a good practice to reconcile/ refresh so that the upto the second position is fetched from NSE server and we get trade confirmation....

Smart_trade

See the screen shot. It was not a single problem. The Problem was overall. There are some zerodha users they can also be consulted on the same. At that time the refresh option was not responding. In that case the admin would not have sent a broadcast to relogin. Then the broadcast would have been to refresh.