Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Esse

The size of the attachment file is exceeding the permissible limit. Also .rar is not getting uploaded. The admin msg was at 2:15pm. I am trying to reduce the file size somehow. In case someone doubts I can mail it to them also

Regards

Last edited:

Zerodha

The crowd index is live, make your prediction win as much as Rs 1lk...Remember that you can change your prediction as many times, the more people predicting, the more likely chance of the index being a great forward looking market indicator...

http://crowd.in/

hi,
Any news on the margin calculator inclusion in the ZT ? It would be great to have the trades listed out month-wise in a linear fashion as in a calendar in the BO (p&l).The crowd index is interesting initiative. kudos.

arcus

Hi,
I have an issue. I have an account with you. Today I placed a buy order of 1 lot at 7695. But it did not reflect on the lower part of the screen or the order book. So I placed another one and since there was no response I punched in a third. All at the same price. Then I called up support and the call was not responded to. So I called up a sales guy who also failed to connect me to support but wanted me to reinstall the software. When I eventually logged in all three had got executed. I immediately called up for help but the support guys were not available. So the sales girl said she would get me in touch with support in some time. When she eventually called she asked me to mail to support. and also asked me to square up the order since the losses would only mount.
The mail to support first was responded to by a ticket no. and eventually a mail which said that the technicality existed for some time and losses cannot be reverted back. Also the losses were referred to as "notional". I wonder if someone pays up 9k for a technical glitch and the person concerned tries to pass the buck (as expected) what should we understand of the broker and his business ethics.
I wonder what you would have to say to this.

Regards
I think both Zerodha and Esse are at fault here.

Esse, if you don't see the order in your order book, its obvious something wrong happened and you must immediately freeze any more trading and resolve this issue first.

You must not keep adding positions like you did. Its common sense.

Zerodha, must be made liable for any losses arising from the glitches. If someone losses Rs 9,000 from a glitch then there is absolutely no point in choosing a discount broker to save Rs 20 and incur a loss of Rs 9,000. That would be ridiculous.

If something is wrong with our internet connection we are responsible, if something is wrong with Zerodha's server, they are responsible.

Last edited:

Esse

Hi,
This is the first time something like this has happened with me. Since ST has posted here that he had also faced similar problems (with other brokers), I guess this is routine. Only left me with a scar and invaluable broker experience. Moreover I tried calling support but there was consistently no response. Even the sales guys I got through could not connect me to the support team and were themselves of not much use.
And on top of that the mail says that the loss is notional. Ask the guy to shell out Rs. 100/- from his pockets for no fault of his and then you will see his true colors. The person I spoke to said that it is obvious that she takes the employers side. When I asked her how she would have reacted had she been in my place, she at least had the honesty to tell the truth.
End of the day a broker is a broker. The true colors reveal only when an issue arises.
Regards

I think both Zerodha and Esse are at fault here.

Esse, if you don't see the order in your order book, its obvious something wrong happened and you must immediately freeze any more trading and resolve this issue first.

You must not keep adding positions like you did. Its common sense.

Zerodha, must be made liable for any losses arising from the glitches. If someone losses Rs 9,000 from a glitch then there is absolutely no point in choosing a discount broker to save Rs 20 and incur a loss of Rs 9,000. That would be ridiculous.

If something is wrong with our internet connection we are responsible, if something is wrong with Zerodha's server, they are responsible.

Zerodha

Hi,
This is the first time something like this has happened with me. Since ST has posted here that he had also faced similar problems (with other brokers), I guess this is routine. Only left me with a scar and invaluable broker experience. Moreover I tried calling support but there was consistently no response. Even the sales guys I got through could not connect me to the support team and were themselves of not much use.
And on top of that the mail says that the loss is notional. Ask the guy to shell out Rs. 100/- from his pockets for no fault of his and then you will see his true colors. The person I spoke to said that it is obvious that she takes the employers side. When I asked her how she would have reacted had she been in my place, she at least had the honesty to tell the truth.
End of the day a broker is a broker. The true colors reveal only when an issue arises.
Regards
Not able to spot your query, can you PM me your client ID.

Zerodha

hi,
Any news on the margin calculator inclusion in the ZT ? It would be great to have the trades listed out month-wise in a linear fashion as in a calendar in the BO (p&l).The crowd index is interesting initiative. kudos.
We are having some issues integrating links inside ZT, will keep you posted...