Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Doesn't the contract note mention the service tax on brokerage?
It doesn't mention call-n-trade charges at all. So I guess there is a different bill for the same.

Good idea.

Zerodha, why not include call-n-trade charges in the contract note itself ?

20rs to close a trade aur upar se uspe 15% charge :eek: :annoyed:
isse to achha hai ki trade ko manually close kar dena
Actually the trade shouldn't have executed at all after 3:20, but it happened, and was closed manually by the RMS.

VJAY

Actually the trade shouldn't have executed at all after 3:20, but it happened, and was closed manually by the RMS.
Lootaneka naya thareeka hai this....its auto square up ...by one click all mis positions will square up and by one click all MIS orders will cancells....then why they charging for this as call & Trade ...totally nonsense :mad::(

Lootaneka naya thareeka hai this....its auto square up ...by one click all mis positions will square up and by one click all MIS orders will cancells....then why they charging for this as call & Trade ...totally nonsense :mad::(
Ok, it is their policy matter, whether to charge or not.

But since they are charging and adding all the taxes on it, there should be a pucca bill for it.

And probably the tax will go up to 18%, with the GST coming on 1st July.

Ok, it is their policy matter, whether to charge or not.

But since they are charging and adding all the taxes on it, there should be a pucca bill for it.

And probably the tax will go up to 18%, with the GST coming on 1st July.
On a different note, we already have to deal with so many taxes, pushing the break-even further away, & they are going to add even more? :( No wonder there are fewer people investing/trading in stock-markets in India than in advanced countries, & this will probably not change until the government brings down trading-costs by reducing or eliminating some of the taxes. :(

They replied saying that they WILL NOT provide a bill for call-n-trade.

Are they not legally bound to give me a bill ?? Looks like something is not right at their end.

They replied saying that they WILL NOT provide a bill for call-n-trade.

Are they not legally bound to give me a bill ?? Looks like something is not right at their end.
How do you take it further?

what is the escalation matrix?

If its trading charges why its not put in contract note?

Who's to decide about legality of these charges . . .

Happy :)

How do you take it further?

what is the escalation matrix?
Very good question. I guess the first step would be to contact other authorities at Zerodha. Failing that, maybe a legal notice from my end. Failing that... let's see.
If its trading charges why its not put in contract note?

Who's to decide about legality of these charges . . .
Ok, given that the contract note would include only the actual trades i.e. whatever the NSE messages. Ok, maybe for some reason they can't include it in the contract note, then they should provide a separate bill for it.

Surely they have multiple entries in their accounts. One entry for the actual charge, and one entry for the tax in whatever tax register they maintain. Both these entries have to come from some document i.e. the bill. Even if they only raise a ledger entry, they should provide a proper transaction number for it.

No doubt the charge is legal, but it has to be levied legally backed by legal documents.

Had call from them, the Mr. Joel Alvarez who sent that mail. He tried to insist that there is no bill for call-n-trade. I asked him not to hurry about it, and to consult their CA and other accountants and lawyer about it. I am no no hurry, I said, but he should consult his superiors. That's where the topic ended for the day.

BTW, I also mentioned the problem with "to date" in the Q backoffice :)

Don't y'all think that if the charge is levied and taxed, there should be a bill about it ?

cloudTrader

Very good question. I guess the first step would be to contact other authorities at Zerodha. Failing that, maybe a legal notice from my end. Failing that... let's see.

Ok, given that the contract note would include only the actual trades i.e. whatever the NSE messages. Ok, maybe for some reason they can't include it in the contract note, then they should provide a separate bill for it.

Surely they have multiple entries in their accounts. One entry for the actual charge, and one entry for the tax in whatever tax register they maintain. Both these entries have to come from some document i.e. the bill. Even if they only raise a ledger entry, they should provide a proper transaction number for it.

No doubt the charge is legal, but it has to be levied legally backed by legal documents.

Had call from them, the Mr. Joel Alvarez who sent that mail. He tried to insist that there is no bill for call-n-trade. I asked him not to hurry about it, and to consult their CA and other accountants and lawyer about it. I am no no hurry, I said, but he should consult his superiors. That's where the topic ended for the day.

BTW, I also mentioned the problem with "to date" in the Q backoffice :)

Don't y'all think that if the charge is levied and taxed, there should be a bill about it ?
Not trading intraday with SAS Online currently but as far as I remember the Call n Trade charges of Rs. 20 were clearly mentioned separately in the Contract Note. I would try to retrieve the concerned Contract note & will try to confirm it with 100% surety.