Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

cloudTrader

Hello Zerodha,

Just checked yesterday's ledger and found an entry for call-n-trade charges of Rs. 46.

How come ?? Nothing was auto squared off from your end yesterday. This did not show in the ledger yesterday evening, till late evening too. Appeared suddenly today.

Even if there was an auto-square off, how come the figure of Rs. 46 ?? One order call-n-trade is Rs. 20.

Another thing is about you and the contract notes. You send out contract notes after midnight !!!!!!! I don't know of any other broker who is so slow in sending the contract notes. One can not check it on the trade date, and the next day it may be forgotten/delayed reading.

After the fiasco of the 60 day challenge refund, and now this, I am beginning to doubt your intentions, the first time in the years of knowing you. Whatever the issues the customers had with you, one never doubted your financial integrity, so far.
This is ridiculous. A wrong entry & that too coupled with wrong calculation. Half of the time of a client will go in contacting customer care on different irregularities. :mad:

Even if there was an auto-square off, how come the figure of Rs. 46 ?? One order call-n-trade is Rs. 20.
I don't know about the rest, I hope Zerodha clarifies that but as for Rs.46 is concerned, my thought is that since 6 is 15% of 40, that's probably brokerage + service tax, so 40+6=46. Again, this is just a guess based on my plain observation of the relationship between those numbers.

I don't know about the rest, I hope Zerodha clarifies that but as for Rs.46 is concerned, my thought is that since 6 is 15% of 40, that's probably brokerage + service tax, so 40+6=46. Again, this is just a guess based on my plain observation of the relationship between those numbers.
I don't know if call-n-trade is subject to such overheads, but hope they clarify it.

BTW, they have reversed 1 leg of the trade and credited 23Rs. to my account, but I have written to them asking which trade am I being charged for.

In my case, both the legs of the trade happened AFTER 3:20pm. I had a bracket order to sell unionbank futures @156. Now this order should have been cancelled automatically at 3:20, but it wasn't. Somehow the sell occurred, and the square off happened between 3:20 and 3:21. I want to know which leg of the trade I was charged for, and whether the trade should've happened at all.

Rish

Hello Zerodha,

Just checked yesterday's ledger and found an entry for call-n-trade charges of Rs. 46.

How come ?? Nothing was auto squared off from your end yesterday. This did not show in the ledger yesterday evening, till late evening too. Appeared suddenly today.

Another thing is about you and the contract notes. You send out contract notes after midnight !!!!!!! I don't know of any other broker who is so slow in sending the contract notes. One can not check it on the trade date, and the next day it may be forgotten/delayed reading.

After the fiasco of the 60 day challenge refund, and now this, I am beginning to doubt your intentions, the first time in the years of knowing you. Whatever the issues the customers had with you, one never doubted your financial integrity, so far.
As I told earlier.....still my complaint (though have ticket no)...not answered...because...they are at fault...complaint raised 15 days back...

I am repeating again.....instead arguing...find a better option.....

They conveniently not replied my complaint...thinking they are smart....

High time to think.....

I don't know if call-n-trade is subject to such overheads, but hope they clarify it.

BTW, they have reversed 1 leg of the trade and credited 23Rs. to my account, but I have written to them asking which trade am I being charged for.

In my case, both the legs of the trade happened AFTER 3:20pm. I had a bracket order to sell unionbank futures @156. Now this order should have been cancelled automatically at 3:20, but it wasn't. Somehow the sell occurred, and the square off happened between 3:20 and 3:21. I want to know which leg of the trade I was charged for, and whether the trade should've happened at all.

Well, it's brokerage for an order executed on your behalf, so as such, I don't see why it wouldn't incur service-tax (our government isn't so generous :lol:) but yeah, I hope Zerodha clarifies it.

Well, it seems that Unionbank Fut did touch 156 between 3:20 & 3:21, so I'm not surprised that it got executed because bear in mind, not all pending-orders & open-positions can be canceled immediately at the stroke of 3:20:00 if there are a lot them around since like Zerodha has mentioned, they have limits in terms of the number of messages that can be sent over their leased lines, which is why they have given themselves that 10-minute window from 3:20 to 3:30 so that they are able to cancel/close all such orders/positions, so maybe your pending BO got executed before their RMS got around to closing it since it was executed at 3:20:28, so their RMS might have reached your account at around 3:20:51 or thereabouts to only find an open position, which it promptly closed.

Again, this is what I think might have happened but I hope Zerodha clarifies it.

Nonetheless, I think it's really unfortunate that they used to be here all of the time since their launch to until a few years ago but now, increasingly, it seems like they don't care about addressing the concerns of the traders here (although I hope they'll review their policy of limiting their participation on traderji, & be more vigilant about the concerns raised on this forum).

Right, just saw my mail.

They said the same thing. It is 20Rs. + 15% taxes.

Ok, I replied, send me a bill for it.

They should send a bill for whatever services they charge, right ?

aja

Right, just saw my mail.

They said the same thing. It is 20Rs. + 15% taxes.

Ok, I replied, send me a bill for it.

They should send a bill for whatever services they charge, right ?

20rs to close a trade aur upar se uspe 15% charge :eek: :annoyed:
isse to achha hai ki trade ko manually close kar dena