Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Hi, could someone pls confirm the latest date/time till which one can hold an open MCX position under NRML option.
Eg. MCX Zinc contract expiring on '29 July 2016', what is the latest date/time till which one can carry NRML position?
Does Zerodha's RMS team close such positions to avoid commodity delivery?

Thank you

Hi

I can see that there are leverages provided for Bracket Orders. In your website I calculated for nifty futures and it showed some 50X leverage ...

So for example if I have 20,000 in my account and MIS for nifty is 17,000. How many lots can be entered through bracket order ...

Thanks in advance :)

Zerodha

@ Zerodha,

I was waiting for your 5th contest of articles to be announced on 23rd July but you have not still closed the 4th contest as was given on the Contest page so there is a confusion that have you ended the contest spree ?

Unfortunately I got to know about this contest on 23rd itself that was the announcement day for the 4th contest. So will you bring on the next question?

Thanks.
We've concluded the contest for now. If we start one again, we'll post the link here so you can participate.:)

Zerodha

Hi

I can see that there are leverages provided for Bracket Orders. In your website I calculated for nifty futures and it showed some 50X leverage ...

So for example if I have 20,000 in my account and MIS for nifty is 17,000. How many lots can be entered through bracket order ...

Thanks in advance :)
In case of bracket and cover orders, the margin requirements would depend on your stoploss. In the margin calculator, where you see the "50x" leverage, right above this you can see the margin required for buying one lot for the specified stoploss.

rrrajguru

Zerodha,

You have changed the PIVOT line calculation formula in the new PI.
Is it not possible to give old pivot lines that Pi was using?

The PIVOT lines plotted by the old PI and New PI are different.

Why you changed the formula, I don't understand.
The New Pi seems to continuously keep scanning some files in the hard disk causing excessive memory usage, high CPU usage and continuous Hard disk activity. This was not the case in the previous Pi version.

Pivots are not working as well as in the previous PI version ..

.. i'm not even using the new indicators .. can you please check what is going on with the development team. I'm also facing issues with connecting to GDFL after this update.
Several times I have pointed out about the values of pivot lines are not the same as it were in the old PI. But to this Zerodha is neither responding not clarifying. What to do?

@ Zerodha

So, you guys are going to phase out Z5 now? I just saw the e-mail about it. I'd be highly concerned about this given that even though it's pretty sub-standard, Z5 has saved my a** several times when Kite stopped working, & given the lack of reliability of Kite, I'd always want a backup platform, & given that I'm on Linux, & therefore, can't use NOW/Nest/Pi, I'd potentially have to consider moving to another broker. Just today, when Kite started acting weird, I was able to log into Z5 & adjust my orders, so I don't think I could rely solely on Kite.