Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Hello Zerodha,

The latest brouhaha about the Rs. 251 smartphone reminded me of other low cost products/services that we have seen in the recent past. I was reminded of you as the discount broker who first introduced Rs. 20 per trade (there is /was RKG with Rs. 999 plan but not many knew about them), and Tata Nano.

Just curious, having been around for 5 odd years, are you guys making reasonable profits to survive & thrive ?

Hello Zerodha,

The latest brouhaha about the Rs. 251 smartphone reminded me of other low cost products/services that we have seen in the recent past. I was reminded of you as the discount broker who first introduced Rs. 20 per trade (there is /was RKG with Rs. 999 plan but not many knew about them), and Tata Nano.

Just curious, having been around for 5 odd years, are you guys making reasonable profits to survive & thrive ?
They are not making reasonable profits but they are making bumper profits much more than many traditional brokerages. They wont tell you the numbers though...:) Their topline number was 80 Cr in 2015 and I read that they wanted to take it to 100 Cr .But i guess nothing wrong in making profits by doing honest business and we want them to make good profits so that they will innovate and we will be in safe hands.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

bpr

Guys there is a new update of Pi, here is a list of all that has changed
that is a massive release.Congratulations!! Looks good. yet to test all feature.

but so far couple of things.

I want volume panel to be off by default. I cannot achieve that.
I cannot do that as volume panel option is not present under chart settings.
Also If I create a template without volume panel and mark it as default template that also does not work. The template does not record that information.

Again the template does not record at which zoom level the chart is. So when you load the template it loads the chart at default zoom level.

You have a Admin position setting In Qty or In Lots.
Even if selected In lots it does not affect the order entry window.
It should be a universal thing which should affect all the places and not just Admin position screen.
I have requested this before.

The mouse scroll button instead of zooms in and zoom out should be mapped it to move the chart left right.

Just like scroll right and scroll left. A button >> may be for moving to the end of chart.
A similar button << moving to the start of chart.

While zooming and zooming out the center of the data is in focus. But the latest data should be in focus.

Last edited:

Blackhole

Hello Zerodha,

...they are making huge profit!..... yeah now they are facing heat from competitors.

yeah!....i had account with rkg way back, zerodha was not even born, they even had 9/- per lot for f&0 then..

Pi chart has no real time update.
all these release will mean nothing if the price only not updating in chart.
I have checked Pi charts updating in real time and Amibroker charts getting data feed from other data source...Pi charts are updating pretty well.

Smart_trade

bpr

I have checked Pi charts updating in real time and Amibroker charts getting data feed from other data source...Pi charts are updating pretty well.

Smart_trade
When I open chart it is loading the latest data but the chart is dead no price update.
While the market watch in Pi in other tab getting price update as normal.

Which make me believe it is Pi related and not my system/internet connection.

Oh well may be we will wait for the next update of Pi in another 6 months.

When I open chart it is loading the latest data but the chart is dead no price update.
While the market watch in Pi in other tab getting price update as normal.

Which make me believe it is Pi related and not my system/internet connection.

Oh well may be we will wait for the next update of Pi in another 6 months.
Something wrong with your system or internet ....here it is updating perfectly. I have a new version which they released yesterday.Zerodha should be able to fix this issue for you.

ST