yStock - Realtime Charts & EOD downloads

karthikmarar

Dear Siva

Conratulations for the excellant software. great work and will help the members immensely. Thank you.

Tested the software today. Had some issues with BSE data download. I will talk to you later on this.

warm regards

Karthik

murthymsr said:
Dear siva,
thanks for the update.

i am awaiting your next announcement for NSE Intraday data LIVE, to facilitate intraday Technical analysis during market hours.
please go at your place, but include in your to-do list.
Dear Murthy sir,

Thanks for your encouraging words. Sorry for the delayed reply, you know it better :)

At present, i dont know about the source for *FREE* NSE Intraday data LIVE (not the quotes, executed trades). For BSE, i got help from our respected member jdm, thanks to him. I am waiting for his next link upate on NSE intraday, or any of you know the url for intraday NSE data, please share it here. I dont know how to reverse-engineer NSE intraday charting site :D

http://www.traderji.com/software/4109-netstock-small-free-quote-retrieval-software.html?highlight=netstock

will throw some light into live data convertion also in addition to portfolio monitoring.
I tested it, it is an advt-driven software. Not much convertion options, only text file format. I didnt try the portfolio options, will try.

Regards
Siva

casoni said:
dear sir , i dont have words to dscribe how happy i feel when looking at charts, [i am attaching polaris chart].....wonderful..many many thanks for giving such a nice free software......
WOW, i cant describe how i felt. Thanks buddy. please dont use "SIR', siva is enough :D
BTW, how did you managed to install ysupp.msi , you were facing some problems with windows installer?

Gr8 to see your chart from yStock app in zipped jpeg format, but one comment on uploading images. You may use .png format, it will take much lesser space with almost same image quality, correct me if i am wrong. Windows builtin PaintBrush tool can be used for that.

Regards
Siva

karthikmarar said:
Dear Siva

Conratulations for the excellant software. great work and will help the members immensely. Thank you.

Tested the software today. Had some issues with BSE data download. I will talk to you later on this.

warm regards

Karthik
Thanks karthik. Feedback from seniors like you will definitely encourage other users.

You are into TA, may i ask your help to incorporate some most sought-after formula based columns in the watchlist, which are not available directly from yahoo, like gap, dp% etc...

Regards
Siva

murthymsr

dear siva,

sivavkm said:
I am waiting for his next link upate on NSE intraday, or any of you know the url for intraday NSE data, please share it here. I dont know how to reverse-engineer NSE intraday charting site :D
i didn't intend the reverse engineering route.
what i had in mind is just the yahoo downloaded data : select the appropriate fields into a separate file in a metastock compatible format. the program will save to the file and RELEASES the file so that the TA software can PICK UP the file and read the contents and again RELEASE the file for the next updation.

I tested it, it is an advt-driven software. Not much convertion options, only text file format. I didnt try the portfolio options, will try.
yes, the netstock is an (optional) adware, in the sense that the developer has given an option to disable ads. he is such a simple person. i have been using the program for more than a year and there was no problem. i gave the reference just for your study purposes.

in netstock, have you checked in the FILE menu, the quicken format, metastock formats and the user defined format options for converting the data?

i have also studied the yahoo data using different refresh intervals. it looks like the NSE quotes are updated at yahoo at ONE min intervals only. so setting a refresh rate of less than ONE MIN does may not be useful, except a drain on resources. just think it over.

all the best.
MurthyMSR

Last edited:

jdm

murthymsr said:
i have also studied the yahoo data using different refresh intervals. it looks like the NSE quotes are updated at yahoo at ONE min intervals only. so setting a refresh rate of less than ONE MIN does may not be useful, except a drain on resources. just think it over.
hi murthy,
hyperserver which source its data from yahoo is updated tick by tick.

hope u could through some light on this.

cheers,
jdm.

jdm

sivavkm said:
Dear All,

Some statistics :-
10 days passed after starting(12-7-2006) this thread.
45 replies (20 by myself), 1001 viewership

Thanks to Traderji.com's popularity.
Thanks to all

Regards
Siva
hi siva,
great going.

i have retreived a intraday nse data file. hope u can make something out of it.

cheers,
jdm

casoni

RESPECTED SIVA, I HAD REINSTALLED WIN XP AGAIN.& PROBLEM WAS SOLVED...THANK YOU ....
sivavkm said:
WOW, i cant describe how i felt. Thanks buddy. please dont use "SIR', siva is enough :D
BTW, how did you managed to install ysupp.msi , you were facing some problems with windows installer?

Gr8 to see your chart from yStock app in zipped jpeg format, but one comment on uploading images. You may use .png format, it will take much lesser space with almost same image quality, correct me if i am wrong. Windows builtin PaintBrush tool can be used for that.

Regards
Siva