Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i was trying to upload an immage
i got repeteadly one msg that my upload limit has exeeded ......like that
so had to delete some of my posted charts(without those attached cfharts posts hav no value)
so my req to you that plz revise the upload limit per member.
regards

Traderji

Super Moderator

columbus

Traderji,have this TOP bar (consisiting of buttons User CP, Blogs, FAQ Calendar, New Posts, Search, quick links, chatroom , logout ) at bottom also because every time we are forced to move up to access them if we are at bottom.

rkkarnani

I will check to see if this can be done.
On many sites I have seen a button at the bottom, where it is a link "Go to the Top"
Maybe even such a link would be helpful!!! Instead of an entire bar at the bottom, you can have such link and members who need to access the bar can reach it by just a click instead of scrolling up , up and up!!! :)

rkkarnani

Traderji,
How to search within a thread??? Saint has started a thread, "Going with the 60 min. flow!" It has almost 2000 replies!!!! Any method to get the Posts nos. of messages posted by Saint only!!!!
Its only an example!!! There are today only 2000 posts here, but there are threads where they exceed 10000, e.g. thread on Nifty Trades by uashish (Ashish Da), how to look for the posts by uashish ONLY within the thread!!!
Regards
R K Karnani

Traderji,
How to search within a thread??? Saint has started a thread, "Going with the 60 min. flow!" It has almost 2000 replies!!!! Any method to get the Posts nos. of messages posted by Saint only!!!!
Its only an example!!! There are today only 2000 posts here, but there are threads where they exceed 10000, e.g. thread on Nifty Trades by uashish (Ashish Da), how to look for the posts by uashish ONLY within the thread!!!
Regards
R K Karnani
RK,

We already have the facility to search within the particular thread... Jus go to the top of the thread, n below the page nos, you have the option "SEARCH THE THREAD"....

Sats.

rkkarnani

RK,

We already have the facility to search within the particular thread... Jus go to the top of the thread, n below the page nos, you have the option "SEARCH THE THREAD"....

Sats.
:D
It was so obvious, but seemed to have never looked at it!!!! Thanks a lot friend!!!!

rkkarnani

Traderji,
Most of us at several times post small two line messages which are of no use maybe in a day or two and absolutely useless within less than a week. We have threads with thousands of posts and maybe one third are either thanks or similar ones!!!
Particularly in the Sticky threads, which are very important in guiding new ones and also people trying to go through again the relevant post has to go through the irrelevant ones too!!
Now suppose I search the thread of 60 min. flow where i have put up multiple such posts which are redundant now and wish to DELETE them. I tried and it is very cumbersome. After every deletion the first page is displayed and agin you have to search for the post to be deleted.
My suggestion was , as in Private Message box, we have buttons to select the messages and deletion of multiple messages is possible, can we have a similar thing in Normal posts, not as a default , but when we Seacrh within a thread OUR OWN posts!!!
Regards
R K Karnani
ps.: May reduce some load on the server too if many of us delete the unwanted posts!!! :)
In fact i did delete quiet a few but was so boring to select and then press multiple buttons to delete a single post!!!

A very good suggestion RK. Once when I wanted to review my old favorites of AJAY and AMITBE, had to go through much time-consuming process.

Also some forums are coerced to delete years old posts because of load on bandwidth. If that ever happens we may loose good posts.

Maybe if people are willing to contribute, we can get rid of chat/sarcastic/dumb one-liners. Personally I keep deleting mine own chit-chat from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.