Worst Loss in a single day?

Worse Loss in a Single Day(futures,stocks,options,forex)

• Small Loss (2% of your account)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Medium Loss (15% of your account)

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Massive Loss ( 30-40% wiped out)

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Loss is not in my dictionary.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

darkstar

Hi guys just wanted to get a poll on the worse loss in a single day that the members have suffered.Mine was today and it was brutal.Although i have battles hard last month today`s loss cleared that up.

Let me be first to concede that i have had a 16k+ loss day today.After Whole month struggling to make 20,315 one day has virtually wiped it clean.

It was Welspun Gujarat and as i was in a meeting didn`t put any stoploss.

Share your worst losses guys.
friend how u open poll i wanna to open a new poll how i wil open a new poll so i get idea

20K in less then 30 mins, shorted Hotel Leela in future and it went up 5 rs. after that never traded in FnO
Instead of never trading in Futures, you should have taken a resolution of not trading without stop loss. Why to blame poor Futures for your own mistake of not using Stop Loss

aditya14

friend how u open poll i wanna to open a new poll how i wil open a new poll so i get idea
Just when u create a new thread there`s an option at bottom of creating a poll.

Guys great replies it seems iam not alone in making blunders.Stop Loss is key though and yeah revenge trades should be avoided.I didnt revenge trade today and pocketed a neat 600rs.Not enough to make up for 16k but the point was that i didn`t overtrade and in and out in first half hour.Didn`t go back in as i was afraid of high risk trades which would have cost dearly in hindsight after market goin up so much(i was about to short the shyt out of some counters)

y2j826

Instead of never trading in Futures, you should have taken a resolution of not trading without stop loss. Why to blame poor Futures for your own mistake of not using Stop Loss
The only basic point is I wanna tell to others if you don't have enough money then don't ever trade in FnO

Well, it hurts to admit it - 2K USD on a stupid trade when I had just started out. Cost me a good chunk of my account. I blame it on those ads on the web where they tell you trading is easy :) Well it was easy money for someone who took the other side of my trades :)

Ahem.. wifey doesnt know, so lets keep this our little secret.

oilman5

That must`ve hurt.But i guess u trade with a very big account.Did u make it back though?
ANS; YES one month, actually that wrong trade i had a blockade........the worst of that trade is i turned 2 lakh profitable one run into 5 lakh loss. After loss booking playing cautiously .......around 20/21 days the loss was made up. Normally i dont study each trade to trade, but follow equity curve,.......this blockade was exception: for 3month i allow let loss run,........so when its unbearable i book it and concentrate on oppurtunity with least risk,.........8/9 right trades makes the break even.

findvikas

if 5100 is not secured then 4970-4940 is my target but if 5100 is secured then 5600 and above that 6000 yeppiee... S&P is looking bullish to me after 2.5% dip tonight... I got myself couple of Index CFD of S&P 500 and looking for 1246-1250
5100 was not secured and there is huge fear in the mind of traders across the globe but i see this as golder opportunity here... market is going to hit 4970-4940 here and I would be a buyer in June series... Buy at 4950-4900-4850-4800-4750-4700... basically 1 lot at every 50 point fall below 4950 and look for 5200-5250-5300-5350-5400 and hold the last lot if market breach 5400 this time to look for 6000+ levels..