Words of Wisdom from our experience...

Hey as I am positional trader. I keep initial stop losses a bit liberal. With tight stop losses I used to get stop lossed too frequently and then didn't have the courage to do it again when market moved the way I had initially anticipated.
Thanks, i think thats about where i am right now. Thanks again :)

My dear RE
It is great to see that in public you are as honest and sincere about your convictions as in our private interactions. Although most of the times we disagee on almost all the market issues :p, but I always felt great pride having a brave and honest friend like you. So next time when you feel hurt or angry because of my impatience or caustic remarks, remember what I just said above - publically! :)

I hope we would keep flying as wingmates for many years to come.
Have a nice a day.
Thanks, its good to have you to fly with, thanks for all the links, very kind and helpful. :)

The honor is all mine :)

:) Looks at how you see it. The stock could decide to do three things.

Go up, Come down, and stay there And money could me made in all these three stages.
Bought : 23.75, sold 23.75 .. :confused:
Shorted : 23.75, covered 23.75 .. :confused:

How do you make money if the price of your instrument does not change ? :confused:

PGDIMES

How do you make money if the price of your instrument does not change ? :confused:
Simple... shorting delta neutral strategies in options... Where money is made by killing theta... vola remaining more or less the same... :)

Either ways, options, futures, fx, Cm

The price of the instrument HAS to change. You cant buy/short and sell/cover at the same price and make money. whatever instrument you trade has to have a change in price for you to make money.

And if something is changing, the market is not doing 'nothing'.

trader.trends

Either ways, options, futures, fx, Cm

The price of the instrument HAS to change. You cant buy/short and sell/cover at the same price and make money. whatever instrument you trade has to have a change in price for you to make money.

And if something is changing, the market is not doing 'nothing'.
When you sell options you make max if the price of the underlying does not change.

When you sell options you make max if the price of the underlying does not change.
If one is trading options then his/her instrument is an 'option', not the underlying. :)

If ones options price doesnt change, one doesnt make money.

Theres a reson i used the word 'instrument' instead of 'stock'. :)