Words of Wisdom

rkkarnani

Great minds on Crtics and Criticism
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN :
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

THEODORE ROOSEVELT:
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

BRENDAN FRANCIS BEHAN :
Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.

RALPH WALDO EMERSON :
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.

WHITNEY BALLIETT :
A critic is a bunch of biases held loosely together by a sense of taste.

ELVIS PRESLEY :
Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes.

WILLIAM ARTHUR :
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails

rkkarnani

DO WE CARRY THESE :

Carry A Heart that Never Hates... :)
Carry a Smile that Never Fades... :D
Carry a Touch that never Hurts... :)
Carry a Friendship that Never Fails.:D

-Annoymous

rkkarnani

Teacher

"Awaken people's curiosity. It is enough to open minds, do not
overload them. Put there just a spark."
- Anatole France

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence
stops."
- Henry Brooks Adams

"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary."
- Thomas Carruthers

" A teacher who is attempting to teach, without inspiring the pupil
with a desire to learn, is hammering on a cold iron."
- Horace Mann

"Education costs money, but then so does ignorance."
- Sir Claus Moser

"Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a
lifetime."
- Chinese Proverb
Practised by SAINT :D
"Good teachers are those who know how little they know. Bad teachers
are those who think they know more than they don't know."
- R. Verdi

"Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of
right answers."
- Josef Albers

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
- Socrates

"If the child is not learning the way you are teaching, then you must
teach in the way the child learns"
- Rita Dunn

"If what you're doing isn't working, try something else!"
- NLP adage

rkkarnani

A Dialogue With God in Prayer

God's words are in blue:

My Dear Father in Heaven.

Yes?

Don't interupt me. I'm praying.

But you called Me.

Called you? I didn't call you. I'm praying... My Dear Father in Heaven...

There, you did it again.

Did what?

Called me. You said, "My Dear Father in Heaven." Here I am. What's on your mind.?

But I didn't mean anything by it. I was just, You know, saying my prayers for the night. I always say my prayers. It makes me feel good, kind of like getting my duty done.

Oh. All Right. Go on.

I'm thankful for my many blessings...

Hold it. How thankful?

What?

How thankful are you for your "Many blessings?"

I'm... well... I don't know. How should I know? It's just part of the prayer. Everyone always said that I should express my thanks.

Oh well. You're welcome. Go ahead...

Go ahead? What go ahead??

With the prayer, son!

Oh yeah. Let's see... bless the poor and the sick and the needy and the afflicted...

Do you really mean that?

Well, sure I mean it.

What are you doing about it?

Doing? Who, me? Nothing. I guess. I just think that it would be kind of nice if You got control of things down here like You have up there, so people don't have to suffer so.

Have I got control of you?

Well I go to church, I pay my tithing, I don't...

That isn't what I asked you. What about your temper? You have a problem there, and your friends and family suffer. And then there's the way you spend your money... all on yourself. And how about the kinds of books you read?

Stop picking on me. I'm just as good as some of the rest of those I see every Sunday at church.

Excuse Me. I thought you were praying for me to bless the needy. If that is to happen, I'll have to have help from the ones who are praying for it... like you.

All right. I guess that I have a few hangups, now that You mention it. I could probably mention some others.

So could I.

Look, Father. I need to finish up here. This is taking a lot longer than usual. Bless the missionaries to be led to the doors of the honest in heart.

You mean people like Ralph?

Ralph?

Yes, the guy around the corner.

That Ralph... but he smokes and drinks and never goes to church.

Have you ever looked in his heart lately?

Of course not. How can...???

I have. I looked. And it's one of those honest hearts your were just praying about.

O.K. then, get the missionaries over there. Do you think I like having a non-member for a neighbor?

Aren't you supposed to be a missionary? I thought I made that pretty clear.

Hey, wait a minute. What is this? Criticize "me" day? Here I am, doing my duty, keeping your commandments to pray. And all of a sudden you break in and start reminding me of all my problems.

Well, you called Me. And here I am. Keep on praying. I'm interested in this next part. You haven't changed the order around have you? ... Go on...

I don't want to go on ....

Why not?

I know what You'll say.

Try Me and see.

Please forgive me of all my sins... and help me to forgive others.

What about Bill?

See. I knew it. I knew you'd bring him up. Listen Lord, he told lies about me, and I got fired. All my co-workers think I'm a first class creep, and I didn't do anything. I'm going to get even with him!

But your prayers. What about your prayers?About forgiveness!!!

I didn't mean it.

Well, at least you're honest. I guess you enjoy carrying that load of bitterness around, don't you?

No, I don't. But I'll feel better as soon as I get even.

Do you want to know a secret?

What secret?

You won't feel better. You'll feel worse. Listen to me. You forgive Bill and I'll forgive you.

But Lord, I can't forgive Bill.

Then I cannot forgive you.

No matter what?

No matter what. But you're not through with your prayer yet. Go on.

Oh all right... please help me to control my feelings and not yield to temptations.

Good. Good. I'll do just that. But you stop putting yourself in all those places where you can be tempted.

What do you mean by that?

Quit hanging around the magazine racks and spending so much time in front of the tube. Some of that stuff is going to get to you sooner or later. You'll find yourself involved in some terrible things before long... and don't use me for an escape hatch either.

An escape hatch? I don't understand.

Sure you do. You've done it lots of times -- you find yourself in a crisis situation, then you come running to me. "Lord, help me out of this mess and I promise I'll never do it again." It's amazing how the quality and intensity of your prayers improve when you are in trouble. Do you remember some of those bargains you tried to make with me?

Well I don't think... Oh... yeah... like the time Mom's visiting teacher saw me coming out of that movie about... Oh brother...

Do you remember your prayer. You may not but I do. "Oh God. Don't let her tell my mother where I've been. I promise I'll go to nothing but "G" rated movies from now on. She didn't tell your mother, but you didn't keep your promise. Did you?

No Lord, I didn't. I'm sorry.

So am I. Go ahead and finish your prayer.

Wait a minute. I want to ask you a question. Do you always listen to my prayers?

Every word. Every time.

Then how come you never talked back to me before?

How many chances have you given me? There's not enough time between your "Amens" and your head hitting the pillow for me to draw a breath. How am I supposed to give an answer?

You could, if you really wanted to.

No. I could if you really wanted Me to. Child, I always want to.

Father, I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

I already have. And thanks for letting me interrupt. I get lonely to talk to you sometimes. Good night. I love you son.

Good night, and I love You too father.

Our Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers. If you pray for something, you had better be ready to do it. If you pray for missionary work to prosper, you better be helping. Do not pray with vain repetition. If you don't mean it, don't pray it.

Author Unknown

rkkarnani

HOW ORDINARY PEOPLE OVERCAME FAILURES TO BECOME EXTRA-ORDINARY

Different people measure success differently. While some may define success as the number of cars a person has, others see it simply as a steady job that pays the bills. Whatever the definition, most people shudder to think of themselves as a failure.

Thomas Alva Edison, the inventor of the light bulb and 100 other inventions once said of his failures, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." To top that when he was a youngster, his teacher told him he was too stupid to learn anything. He was counseled to go into a field where he might succeed by virtue of his pleasant personality.

Bill Gates , one of the most successful men of our times too went through tough times. In retrospect he says, "It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure."

A newspaper editor fired Walt Disney because he "lacked imagination and had no original ideas".

The list of people who succeeded after failures is long.
However, great success doesn't happen to everyone.

Twenty-eight-year-old Hemant Sabnis says success eluded him for almost 10 years.
"I tried for many jobs but could not get any," recollects the engineering graduate. "I was absolutely fed up. I must have sent out thousands of applications. I even got selected for a few interviews. And then something would go wrong. Either my qualification was a problem; sometimes even my body language was a problem."

He remembers the times when he was so down in the dumps that he refused to meet people. "I would avoid my friends. I stopped going out," he reminisces, "Nothing interested me. I had almost lost all faith in myself."

What then salvaged this young man? His father's trust in him. "My father is retired. He had a lot of aspirations from my sister and me. I realised that I wasn't being able to fulfill his wishes. That hurt even more than not being able to land a job," he adds.

Then came a time that seeing his son morose saddened the father. "He told me that it was okay if I did not have a job. He was more hurt that I was depressed. It was then that I decided to give it one more shot," he says.

This time around the circumstances were the same but Hemant's outlook had changed. He was now more positive. "I decided to try a different approach at interviews. I read up on how to be more jovial and smiled through my interviews," he says.

And after three tries he was successful. He now works as a junior engineer in an iron moldings factory in Kolhapur. "I know the path ahead of me now. I also know there are a lot of people like me out there. I want to tell them that they need to have faith in themselves first. Things will eventually fall in place," he smiles.

When the going gets tough THE TOUGH GET GOING!!!

Vikas Bhande* from Mumbai has a similar tale to tell. Vikas was born into a poor family where his mother, the sole breadwinner, was employed as a maid. He recollects days when they had little or no food. "For years my mother did people's dishes and scrubbed people's floors," says this spunky 25-year-old, "Her aim was to provide education for all three of us. My other siblings though didn't study too far."

Vikas was always interested in studies. However, one incident changed the purpose of his entire life. That was in his fifth standard. "I failed my exam in the fifth standard," he recollects, "My brother and sister had already made it clear that they are not going to study. My mother was very upset. She had pinned her hopes on me and I had let her down."

His mother cried that entire night and prayed to god. "I always thought my mother was strong. I had seen her smile through the toughest of situations," he remembers, "When I saw her cry like that, I realised I had disappointed her. I was ashamed of myself."

That's when he decided to change the tide. "I studied very hard the next year and came third," he smiles. Since then there was no looking back.

He studied diligently even through their tough times. "Trouble began when I reached higher classes and my expenses started mounting. When I passed my tenth my mother's employees decided to sponsor my education. That's how I completed my education," he recollects.

While pursuing his own studies, Vikas realised he could supplement the family income by taking tuitions. "I started taking tuitions. I saved up and did a course in networking," he recollects, "Today I have my own little business where I look after networks of small companies. I have even hired two people."

His mother stopped working when Vikas' tuitions were enough to cover family expenses. Today with her only daughter married and her two sons taking care of her needs, Vikas says she has little to complain of.

Ask him how he did it? "After my first failure, I never had time to think or cry over my situation," he recollects, "I knew I had to get my mother out of other's homes. There was nothing else on my mind." He elarned from his failures. They all did

Secret ingredients of SUCCESS

These two stories probably do not warrant a bravery award. Yet these two brave men teach you a lot about failure.

Here are some life's lessons to learn from them:

Have faith in yourself and your abilities.
Don't be too proud to ask for help.
One door closes, but another door somewhere is opening. Be alert.
Work towards improving yourself all the time. Never be complacent.
If today is not going the way you want it to, don't fret. Tomorrow will be a brighter day.
Set your own standards for failure and success. Be rigid about your limits on failure, but not about success.
Bear in mind that neither success nor failure is everlasting. However, you can work towards making your success last longer.
Work hard, smart and faithfully. You will never know when you will be recognised for your effort.
Don't feel disheartened or sad, do something that energises you.

:)Smile. It will obscure the darkness of failure and outshine the glory of success.
If you find failure unmanageable dont smile but laugh away the blues :D

rkkarnani

EXCELLENCE

A gentleman was once visiting a temple under construction.
In the temple premises, he saw a sculptor making an idol of God.
Suddenly he saw, just a few meters away, another identical idol was lying.
Surprised he asked the sculptor, do you need two statutes of the same idol. No said the sculptor.
We need only one, but the first one got damaged at the last stage.
The gentleman examined the statue.
No apparent damage was visible.
"Where the damage is?" asked the gentleman.
"There is a scratch on the nose of the idol." replied the sculptor.
"Where are you going to put the idol?"

The sculptor replied that it will be installed on a pillar 20 feet high.

"When the idol will be 20 feet away from the eyes of the beholder, who is going to know that there is scratch on the nose?" The gentleman asked.

The sculptor looked at the gentleman, smiled and said, "The God knows it and I know it ".
The desire to excel should be exclusive of the fact whether someone appreciates it or not.

Excellence is a drive from Inside not Outside.

"Thomas Alva Edison" indeed must have been a very pleasing personality when it comes to marketting.

When I read about his life I really wondered whether he is a businessman or a scientist.