When Start Where Now

primitivetrader

Dear Friends ,

Just to have a general view and trying to capture our current status .

I started in 2004/2005 .. and still in loss. yet to recover and bring my account to green ( Means if we count the money from day one ). for time being we can set aside the interest lost etc . A honest approach will help every one to get a reality .
Thx
for 14-15 years you are in loss. what made you think that you will come into profit in trading ? better quit trading and focus on better utilization of your money rather than giving it to other person in trading.

for 14-15 years you are in loss. what made you think that you will come into profit in trading ? better quit trading and focus on better utilization of your money rather than giving it to other person in trading.
yes .. seriously thinking on winding up and accept the reality . if u dont mind would you say when u started and what the status now ?

traderhardrock

hmmm

- what are the reasons behind losses (most important)
- types of losses and gains - small losses, small gains, big losses, big gains etc
- what you trade, I mean, equity, futures or options or combination of these
- on what basis you choose a trade, fundamental, technical (chart reading, pattern etc), gut feel, trade randomly etc
- type of trader, intraday or positional
- are you able to judge trend and change of trend etc, may be sooner or later
- which time frame

will ask more questions on the basis of your reply

hmmm

- what are the reasons behind losses (most important)
- types of losses and gains - small losses, small gains, big losses, big gains etc
- what you trade, I mean, equity, futures or options or combination of these
- on what basis you choose a trade, fundamental, technical (chart reading, pattern etc), gut feel , random etc
- are you able to judge trend and change of trend etc, may be sooner or later
- which time frame

will ask more questions on the basis of your reply
Sir .. will reply and get clues to improve my position in a separate thread .
I wish to get an idea what the status of traders.
So if possible kindly provide when you started and current status ..

Pradeep Narayan

yes .. seriously thinking on winding up and accept the reality . if u dont mind would you say when u started and what the status now ?
How would anyone's reply matter?
First, did you trade full-time to be in loss for so many years - or was it just a past time?
Second, when you had delayed decision making for so many years, would you really act on the information you get from this thread in the manner portrayed?

How would anyone's reply matter?
If honestly traders confess/ reply then a real picture might emerge which might help new entrants
First, did you trade full-time to be in loss for so many years - or was it just a past time?
Last 5 years Full time.. before too majority days traded
Second, when you had delayed decision making for so many years, would you really act on the information you get from this thread in the manner portrayed?
SoRRY sir .. Little blank now.. unable to answer this question
if possible would able to give time line of your journey ?

Last edited:

primitivetrader

i started 11 -12 years back have seen and lived 2008 crash and adventure. i am a full time trader. profitable since last 5-6 years. nowadays slowly shifting to intra stocks and swing trading as i have a rule based approach now. whatever is the way be it discretionary or mechanical be it intra, swig or positional one must have rule based method/system of trading else its almost impossible to make profits in trading (this is my view).

blown a few accounts in my initial days. in fact one before the day of my marriage. but not many accounts as i am in general cautious by nature.

most of the books and courses about trading are good. but there are not many who gives rule based approach to trading. and that is where the problem is. for me its the most imp thing after spending a decade in this field even more imp than money mgt and psychology as i believe that if you have rule based method these two are taken care of mostly.

not many succeed in trading like in other fields not many reach to the top. but unfortunately there are no levels in trading (only profit and loss) as in other fields where one may be content at lower/middle level of mgt even if one is not excellent in it but just average.

regds,