What were the worst trading mistakes that we commited from the list?

Worst mistakes that I commited were...

• Traded blindly without any homework or trading plans

Votes: 149 43.7%
  • Traded without Stop Loss or with too big Stop Losses (poor Risk Management).

Votes: 178 52.2%
  • Traded way too many trades in a day resulting net losses (poor Risk and Money Management).

Votes: 95 27.9%
  • Traded against the prevailing trend and then booked losses (poor Plan and Risk Management).

Votes: 127 37.2%
  • Traded with the trend but booked small profit and too early.

Votes: 129 37.8%
  • Traded at Market Price in less volume scrips resulting big losses.

Votes: 41 12.0%
  • Traded on speculations/rumour/news resulting big losses.

Votes: 53 15.5%
  • Traded within fear/greed barrier without risk/reward ratio.

Votes: 103 30.2%
  • Have commited all above and now seasoned trader.

Votes: 65 19.1%
  • None of above but some other.

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
My personal suggestion is that it is better to play safely. You can take delivery based positions. If you are going for intra-day, see that you have enough money to buy the stock at the end of the day for delivery. Otherwise you will end making a big loss.

jagankris

1.Trying hard to react to signals quickly.The old habit of patiently watching the price going against my position for few minutes prevail.
2. I am breaking my rules.
3. Still the idea(s) of making a better system bugs my mind.
4. Not sure of how to filter the noise in smaller time frames :)
5. Emotional immaturity.
6. Not booking profits and not placing trailing stop in swing trading.

-JK

alroyraj

1.Trying hard to react to signals quickly.The old habit of patiently watching the price going against my position for few minutes prevail.
2. I am breaking my rules.
3. Still the idea(s) of making a better system bugs my mind.
4. Not sure of how to filter the noise in smaller time frames :)
5. Emotional immaturity.
6. Not booking profits and not placing trailing stop in swing trading.

-JK
1.Sometimes we can restrict our losses due to late exit if we think of it in terms of a risk to reward scenario. Say you expect to make 1.5 Rs on the stock. Then assuming you are decent at certain types of trades like retracements or a scalp etc, you can peg the stop loss at 0.5. So risk to reward is 1:3.
2.The market throws so many scenarios that my indicator system has behaves differently in these eg in breakdown trades etc. So refining one's system in an ongoing process. Plus our discipline has to be refined accordingly. Nothing changes behaviour more than some profit but when you profit from some random trade it incentivises certain bad behaviour.
Example I used to trade retracements well but this indirectly led me to cut profit when I tried to change to trading the main trend. So discipline is an ongoing process of growth.
3. A system works well on certain types of stocks not so well on others eg ABG gives totally opposite signals on my system compared to all the others.
4. 1 min TF is good for getting a perspective on the balance of bulls and bears. Also for taking the trade. But if you view the stock throughout it defeats the purpose since 1. You will not know the main trend and 2. You could end up trading noise which to put it mildly you cannot ride.
5. practice on 5,10 min TF.
6. In equity to option of selling at a surge is possible with futures it depends on the number of lots you have. It all comes down to deciphering the strength of the trend and where the retracements are or if weakness has set in.