What to do if you keep losing!!??

yo bond, the guy who started this thread did say that he was trading in stocks and thats y i spoke about FA.
And no matter how big an expert u are , U may wanna ask other people's opinions as well cos , u mite be missing what others see

regards,
JB:D

C

CreditViolet

yo bond, the guy who started this thread did say that he was trading in stocks and thats y i spoke about FA.
And no matter how big an expert u are , U may wanna ask other people's opinions as well cos , u mite be missing what others see

regards,
JB:D
Dear Bourne

Abt FA, what does companies that never fail mean? There are lots of companies that will never fail.Even in the dotcom bust, many companies didnt fail, only their share prices collapsed.So is the 'never fail' approach really a safe haven as you say?

And the second point, what is the whole point of mastering a field when you are going to ask opinions about your decisions and second guess them? I dont know many successful traders who are never interested in what others see.Its a big hindrance actually to unbiased and objective decision making.In the markets, two is a crowd.Dont you agree?

Dear JB, (James Bond)

There will always be some companies that never fail. Like Tata Grp , Reliance grp etc. What I meant was companies with solid fundas like a more realistic PE ratio, a more balanced P/BV ratio, a decreasing Debt-equity
an increase in ROE, a good Current ratio and so on.

Even a small cap with many of these factors will not fail , and even in adverse conditions will stand their grd. I just wanted to convey the message that if u pick out these companies from the crowd and invest in them for growth, u win.

And about second opinions, it is not unwise to listen to other experts. If u still feel that u have made the right picks, then we go on and invest :D
I agree, two is a crowd when u always DEPEND on others to make ur decision. But in terms of just getting opinions, i dont see any harm

regards,
Another JB (Jason Bourne)

'two' many JBs in a forum is also a crowd eh ?? :D (just kidding)

oilman5

dear jason,
probably u dont know.....cv.
he knows more than atleast i can imagine........he is a pro
only i can tell u ........put all established fm[fund manager]......in one side.....against cv in intraday trade.........still i put bet on cv.
at present state of market........he already solves........riddle of market.
......cv believes in 0 opinion..........he trades in price ...........totally own programme base
.....he deals programming,trade entry/exit.....and money management.
........then he became a pro.........with lots of trial error.......he is a star.
.......no further comments

Dear Oilman,
I never claimed i know more than CV, nor do i boast about any of my abilities....I indeed accept, that Mr.CV may know more than me. I was just defending the comments that I made earlier, stressing the importance of fund. analysis. Thats all.....no offence intended :)

Bourne

C

CreditViolet

Dear JB, (James Bond)

There will always be some companies that never fail. Like Tata Grp , Reliance grp etc. What I meant was companies with solid fundas like a more realistic PE ratio, a more balanced P/BV ratio, a decreasing Debt-equity
an increase in ROE, a good Current ratio and so on.

Even a small cap with many of these factors will not fail , and even in adverse conditions will stand their grd. I just wanted to convey the message that if u pick out these companies from the crowd and invest in them for growth, u win.

And about second opinions, it is not unwise to listen to other experts. If u still feel that u have made the right picks, then we go on and invest :D
I agree, two is a crowd when u always DEPEND on others to make ur decision. But in terms of just getting opinions, i dont see any harm

regards,
Another JB (Jason Bourne)

'two' many JBs in a forum is also a crowd eh ?? :D (just kidding)

Dear JB

Let me emphasize my point again.The question of 'never failing' is not important because one makes money when the value of the asset increases or decreases from their buying or selling point.A Tata or a Reliance company might not fail but someone who bought it at 50 and CMP is 20, its not much of a consolation. As I said earlier about the dotcoom era, companies like Intel and Yahoo have not exactly failed but many a people have lost their shirts in it neverthless.
Also with so many funds, CFAs, CFPs around its not that easy to have an edge there and there are always insiders who know more than what is officially on the books.

Another thing is, one is paid in the market to bear risk.If the company cant lose money then there is no risk and there would be no profit, the return rate will quickly go down to the risk-free rate."Value Investing' is easier to talk about then to apply it in the real world.Do you know that the fund based on Benjamin Graham's ideas were one of the worst performing mutual funds of all time.Benjamin Graham sold out when Dow was 500 believing it wont go any higher.Thats another problem with FA, it keeps you out of the exuberance that markets exhibit.
Also, just scanning for PEG, EPS, Sectoral Plays etc is NOT FA and investing has nothing to do with directional betting on the market.However you will find that most 'investors' are just interested in analyzing why the market have topped or why it shouldnt go lower.

About getting opinions,I have heard that one before. When I was working for a fund it was basically about 'discussing', 'collaborating', 'cooperating' and 'sharing'.Basically it was one glorfied 'tip' analysis rather than any quantitative method.People had no idea what they were doing but were very eager to discuss it.Its just my experience that opinionated investing/trading doesnt work well, one has to step aside and think independently to do well at this game.

Regards