using MA crossovers to form a day trading strategy..?

Hi guys...
I am trading almost a yr now...but very little on my own.

now i actually want to form a strategy using MA crossovers...

I am not saying it should be a standalone strategy. so i need help from all of you...what are other indicators or price action, that can be used along with MA crossovers.
or what you are using....

i dont expect you share your strategy but just give me a path....

i expect helpful answers please, not sarcastic opinions...
but if you think it doesn't works good, please let me know!

First please read this book thoroughly. For more on getting aware of what is happening in the markets read this book too. Then to further quench your thirst for knowledge on strategies read this. After reading and digesting these three books, you will know what to do..... Kindly be patient and give yourself ample time for these concepts to get deep in you.... It's a frustrating process, you will need to work hard, study hard, and research hard.... Google is your best friend.... Just never give up...... All the Best......

Last edited:
First please read this book thoroughly. For more on getting aware of what is happening in the markets read this book too. Then to further quench your thirst for knowledge on strategies read this. After reading and digesting these three books, you will know what to do..... Kindly be patient and give yourself ample time for these concepts to get deep in you.... It's a frustrating process, you will need to work hard, study hard, and research hard.... Google is your best friend.... Just never give up...... All the Best......
Thank you very much!...definitely will go thr' the books...

imfine

Hi guys...
I am trading almost a yr now...but very little on my own.

now i actually want to form a strategy using MA crossovers...

I am not saying it should be a standalone strategy. so i need help from all of you...what are other indicators or price action, that can be used along with MA crossovers.
or what you are using....

i expect helpful answers please, not sarcastic opinions...
but if you think it doesn't works good, please let me know!
I want to put some points on MA.

Point 1.When you use moving averages they reflect a price which validates certain days prices. So if there are two or three moving averages you are using then there are multiple prices which all got validates on single price once there is crossover.

Point 2. On crossover you will get one single price from two or more MA. But it does not clear the way it will move atleast not for a single day.

I want to say that MA cross over is not at all suitable for day trading. Its good for positional trades or swing trades.

For intraday you should go for small Timeframe and volume based strategy.

I want to say that MA cross over is not at all suitable for day trading.
Really? Listen to this veteran day-trader....
What works for you, might not work me. And what works for me, might not work you. Because we all see the world differently through our own unique perception. What else could be more personal than trading? We might hold same consensus but our outlook would always tend to differ with several degree of variance.

This is a 15-Min Chart of Nifty with 20-Period Simple Moving average:
1544470912539.png

Last edited:

imfine

What works for you, might not work me. And what works for me, might not work you. Because we all see the world differently through our own unique perception. What else could be more personal than trading? We might hold same consensus but our outlook would always tend to differ with several degree of variance.

View attachment 31508
Great you must have made alot as your chart shows a signal everyday. Its should have worked in your "personal" trading.

I want to put some points on MA.

Point 1.When you use moving averages they reflect a price which validates certain days prices. So if there are two or three moving averages you are using then there are multiple prices which all got validates on single price once there is crossover.

Point 2. On crossover you will get one single price from two or more MA. But it does not clear the way it will move atleast not for a single day.

I want to say that MA cross over is not at all suitable for day trading. Its good for positional trades or swing trades.

For intraday you should go for small Timeframe and volume based strategy.

what are your suggestions.... which indicators....any link/resources ??

View attachment 31508
thanks for sharing ....

imfine