TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

At Rs299 Per Month, Tamil Nadu Launches Incredibly Accessible Broadband Plan - Ivan Mehta (Edited excerpt)

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/03/02/tamilnadu-internet_n_9362008.html?utm_hp_ref=india

Tamil Nadu's state-owned cable TV and internet service provider Arasu Corporation has launched a fibre-based broadband service starting at Rs299 per month for a line with 2Mbps speed and a 2GB data limit. It will offer a range of plans, including a 40GB data pack at 4Mbps speed for Rs899. The Jayalalithaa government is calling it "internet for all" in the poll-bound state notorious for election-time freebies.

Cheif Minister Jayalalitha announced the internet service over a video conference. The charges for the router, modem and installation have to be borne by the customer. The bandwidth for the broadband will be provided by Vodafone. Last year, Arasu cable had acquired the ISP license from the telecom ministry. A report from The New Indian Express suggests that Arasu Cable had been testing this service for 1,100 providers already. And with the current infrastructure, they would be able to provide the internet service to 15,000 more houses immediately. Arasu is targeting to reach the number of 50,000 customers in next three months. It is clear that the announcement has been made ahead of the elections, but the roll out and infrastructure scale-up to reach every part of the state will take time.

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Andhra Government To Provide High-Speed Internet At Rs. 149 Per Month - Ivan Mehta

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/03/18/andhra-pradesh-government_n_9494376.html?utm_hp_ref=india

Andhra Pradesh residents are soon to enjoy what is likely to be one of the cheapest broadband connections in the world. On Friday, at an event in Visakhapatnam, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the Andhra Pradesh FiberNet scheme for high-speed broadband access in the state for both homes and offices. Under the project, internet connections of 15 Mbps speed will be provided at Rs.149 per month, while offices will get internet lines up to 100 Mbps speed at Rs. 999 per month. So far, no announcements have been made on FUP (fair usage policy) limits. The whole project will set the Andhra Pradesh government back by about Rs. 333 crores. To cut costs, electric poles will be used to set up the fibre network.

The CM said, "In a first of its kind project, AP has created a tech revolution with the launch of the Fiber Grid Project in Vizag today. Digital transformation [is] the most transformative means to ignite sustainable growth and improve society.” The government has partnered with network company Cisco, whose executive chairperson John Chambers was present at the event, for the technical architecture of the project. The company is also setting up an innovation centre in Visakhapatnam to help start-ups.

Andhra Pradesh is supporting the Digital India initiative by launching various schemes. They became the first state to approve the Internet of Things (IoT) Policy. Recently in Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced a similar scheme to provide broadband through state cable services at Rs. 299. However, the speed of the basic connection provided is only 2Mbps compared to 15 Mbps being offered in Andhra Pradesh. The service is expected to cover ₹1.3 crore households of the state, starting with the districts of Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram which will be connected under the FiberNet scheme by April.

LoneWolf

Guys, Can someone suggest a good laptop with in 25000 rs for trading purpose ? I am aiming for a good battery backup, faster performance and less heating. No need for any multimedia or gaming.. And also please suggest if configuring a desktop will be wiser ? Only issue with desktop is the backup plan in case of power cut.

Guys, Can someone suggest a good laptop with in 25000 rs for trading purpose ? I am aiming for a good battery backup, faster performance and less heating. No need for any multimedia or gaming.. And also please suggest if configuring a desktop will be wiser ? Only issue with desktop is the backup plan in case of power cut.
You can get an assembled desktop with very good configuration around this price. Yeah, there will be issue with power cut backup. For that you have to go for a sine wave inverter. If you have frequent and/or long power cuts then go for laptop, but in laptop too power backup reduces considerably in 18-20 months of use.
Dont know about laptop prices etc. You may search at amazon, flipcart etc etc for price and configuration.

All expert, Yesterday my HDD died according to Engineer He replace new HDD.Is it possible to recover my important data from my previous HDD?
If it is totally dead, then chances are very very less, anyway you may search google with keywords, "data retrieval" hard disc drive, for those offering data retrieval from crashed hard disks. Also, your local computer hardware wala can suggest you right person.

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower

bro,in my college days i used to be expert in these type of queries. now i m rusted :D.
things u need to keep in mind b4 purchase.
1. cpu must be good, not atom, preferably i3/i5/i7 or latest. for 25k i3 should be available, dont know.
2. ram 4gb or greater. 2gb ram will be borderline.
3. yes battery life will be 1.5 to 2yrs only. if lucky, then greater than 2yrs.
4. screen size is imp. my 10 inch screen was insufficient, so i use another monitor attached to netbuk. buy 14 inch laptop atleast.
5. desktop consumes lot of power,150 watts atleast. if no inverter means don buy desktop. i bought netbuk only bcos, i suffered power outage while trading and had to call broker to sq off position.:annoyed:

hope this helps. :)

LoneWolf

bro,in my college days i used to be expert in these type of queries. now i m rusted :D.
things u need to keep in mind b4 purchase.
1. cpu must be good, not atom, preferably i3/i5/i7 or latest. for 25k i3 should be available, dont know.
2. ram 4gb or greater. 2gb ram will be borderline.
3. yes battery life will be 1.5 to 2yrs only. if lucky, then greater than 2yrs.
4. screen size is imp. my 10 inch screen was insufficient, so i use another monitor attached to netbuk. buy 14 inch laptop atleast.
5. desktop consumes lot of power,150 watts atleast. if no inverter means don buy desktop. i bought netbuk only bcos, i suffered power outage while trading and had to call broker to sq off position.:annoyed:

hope this helps. :)
Yes at my place power cut will be an issue in summer, so desktop is out of question now.. Now in lappy - I am aiming for 4GB ram, 15 inch screen, Pentium Quadcore (i3 goes above 25K). 500 GB HD. The lists of Lappy that I got in this range, gives a battery back up of 4-5 hrs in new conditions. But the confusion is when I check the technical/user review for the above lappy, the loop of confusions start. I checked for one model of Acer, and in its review the guy mentioned all its pros/cons then mentions in this price range a better option will be HP, Then on HP reviews same story goes on and in the end it says in this price range, Lenevo will be better than HP, Then ASUS, and then again comes ACER.. :D :D :D

Yes at my place power cut will be an issue in summer, so desktop is out of question now.. Now in lappy - I am aiming for 4GB ram, 15 inch screen, Pentium Quadcore (i3 goes above 25K). 500 GB HD. The lists of Lappy that I got in this range, gives a battery back up of 4-5 hrs in new conditions. But the confusion is when I check the technical/user review for the above lappy, the loop of confusions start. I checked for one model of Acer, and in its review the guy mentioned all its pros/cons then mentions in this price range a better option will be HP, Then on HP reviews same story goes on and in the end it says in this price range, Lenevo will be better than HP, Then ASUS, and then again comes ACER.. :D :D :D
Please do check about windows, whether original or with DOS, as I do not think that you will get genuine windows in this price range of laptops.

vijkris

Learner and Follower

well mine is acer, 5 yrs old netbook. once battery replacement. 2nd battery was not original acer, they quoted price too high(6000), got compatible battery for 2000. 1st battery died in 2 yrs. this one initial backup was 7-8 hrs, now its 4-5 hrs.
so i had good experience with acer, if any prob comes i m not sure of its service centre though.
Saw my friend's hp laptop. very roughly used. but hp offers AMC etc. so major repairs was done properly.
so i think any laptop if used properly will run properly.

heating is normal when it is on for 10hrs. should not overheat. using heat sink etc. is neccesary.

my opinion go for hp or acer.
:)

TracerBullet

Although it might break your budget, try to get laptop with 1920*1080 resolution panel. Gives so much more space. Last time i checked, There were laptops around 30-35k+ with FHD screen (Lenovo). Might get cheaper if amazon does one of those 15% deals again.
If you dont need mobility - then can always do two monitors and get good monitor around 10k.

For normal workloads, i3/pentium is enough. In future, try to get SSD instead of HD and use external HD (or replace optical drive). SSD is super fast and has become much cheaper that before. I got 256GB samsung SSD for ~6.5k in deal. Makes lot of difference in daily workflow.