Hi Aaplana,

Here Are Few Strategies Outlined Below:

STRATEGY-I

1. Trade During Peak European or US Trading Times

2. Trade Only With The Trend & Never Against It

3. Use The 5 Minute Chart

4. Use Candlestick Chart

5. Plot EMA-12

6. When You Spot Three Candles That Clear The EMA Line Without The Body or Wicks Touching The EMA Line, Enter The Trade At The Start Of The Fourth Candle (But Only If The Difference Between The Lowest Point Of The Three Candles & The Highest Point Of The Three Candles Is Not Less Than 10 Pips)

7. Set Your S/L At 20-30 Pips Behind The Lowest Part Of The 3 Candles

8. Take Profits Aroundr 15-18 Pips

9. Place Trailing Stop To Always Make At Least 5 Pips

There Is One More Will Post It Later

Happy & Safer Forex

Hi Savant,
I have some queries on strategy 1, do we enter only on 3 bullish bars over the 12 EMA or just 3 whole bars over the 12 EMA? I tried this strategy with just 3 bars over and the SL was hit quite often. Also, the 12 EMA is applied on Close right?
Again man I gotta say this YOU ROCK :)

@Vicky
No hard feelings bro ... I just thought my n00b questions may bug you guys :p

PS: Uptil now i've made a net loss of 40 $ on my 100 $ Swiss Dealing account so I'm glad that I'm only demo trading right now :) And I realize my learning curve is pretty steep right now :thumb:

Also just a suggestion can we form a group of some sort and share our trades, I'd like to see if the entry exit I do for a trade are actually correct according to the strategies discussed here or not.

SavantGarde

Hi Sagar,

Keep Stochastics Setting Of 9,3,3 & Enter On Crossover For Quick Profits
Observe For Awhile The Crossovers

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde

Hi Savant,
I have some queries on strategy 1, do we enter only on 3 bullish bars over the 12 EMA or just 3 whole bars over the 12 EMA? I tried this strategy with just 3 bars over and the SL was hit quite often. Also, the 12 EMA is applied on Close right?
Again man I gotta say this YOU ROCK :)

@Vicky
No hard feelings bro ... I just thought my n00b questions may bug you guys :p

PS: Uptil now i've made a net loss of 40 $ on my 100 $ Swiss Dealing account so I'm glad that I'm only demo trading right now :) And I realize my learning curve is pretty steep right now :thumb:

Also just a suggestion can we form a group of some sort and share our trades, I'd like to see if the entry exit I do for a trade are actually correct according to the strategies discussed here or not.

sagarkapoor

Hi Guys,
Any trades today?

I'm currently long on USDJPY @ 95.50, first trade officially with some background info on Stochastics :) Looking at the 4H T.F right now and the crossover happened somewhere around 95.13 waited for the confirmation from the 3&7 SMA crossover as well ... Also, looked like a W bottom was formed on the chart so went long

Current status of the position is -20 pips

SL at the W bottom 95.00 (Not too sure if this is correct)

Savant, your comments on the trade?

SavantGarde

Hi Sagar,

AUD/USD & NZD/USD Moves Counter To USD/JPY, I Think You May Look At Going Long In These On Stoch Crossover...

I Had USD/JPY Overnight Long Position Which I Have Exited Earlier.

Doesn't Mean You Should Exit, Just That NZD/USD & AUD/USD Could Provide A Good Hedge.

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde

Hi Guys,
Any trades today?

I'm currently long on USDJPY @ 95.50, first trade officially with some background info on Stochastics :) Looking at the 4H T.F right now and the crossover happened somewhere around 95.13 waited for the confirmation from the 3&7 SMA crossover as well ... Also, looked like a W bottom was formed on the chart so went long

Current status of the position is -20 pips

SL at the W bottom 95.00 (Not too sure if this is correct)

Savant, your comments on the trade?

sagarkapoor

Hi Sagar,

AUD/USD & NZD/USD Moves Counter To USD/JPY, I Think You May Look At Going Long In These On Stoch Crossover...

I Had USD/JPY Overnight Long Position Which I Have Exited Earlier.

Doesn't Mean You Should Exit, Just That NZD/USD & AUD/USD Could Provide A Good Hedge.

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde
Actually Savant with all my experiments I'm in deep red in the Swissdealing account, if I take a new position my margin would fall and I won't be able to manage the SL I've kept :p so will have to take a naked position for this trade only ... Lets see how this one pans out :p

Do you think 4 hours TF on the Stochastics is okay? I actually did some analysis and found that for smaller TF's there are a lot of false signals ... What are your comments?

Again I'm just experimenting with loads of things lets see if I can find a system that suits me :thumb:

SavantGarde

Hi Sagar,

Next Time Take Positions Of $1000.00 As Opposed To The Default That Opens With $10000.00

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde

Actually Savant with all my experiments I'm in deep red in the Swissdealing account, if I take a new position my margin would fall and I won't be able to manage the SL I've kept :p so will have to take a naked position for this trade only ... Lets see how this one pans out :p

Do you think 4 hours TF on the Stochastics is okay? I actually did some analysis and found that for smaller TF's there are a lot of false signals ... What are your comments?

Again I'm just experimenting with loads of things lets see if I can find a system that suits me :thumb:

sagarkapoor

:

Hi Sagar,

Next Time Take Positions Of $1000.00 As Opposed To The Default That Opens With $10000.00

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde
Hi Savant,

My current positions are as follows :

AUD/USD : Long @ 0.8050 +11 pips (Amount : $750)
USD/JPY : Long @ 95.55 +36 pips (Amount : $2000)

Any suggestions on the exit?

I'm currently planning on holding till the Stochastics enter the overbought region :)

Last edited:

sagarkapoor

Okay the Swissdealing server going off made me lose almost 60 odd pips and my position was closed by the time the servers finally came up. I'm still not sure if the position got squared off or it was cancelled :mad:

@ Savant, Vicky
Any trades today?

I'm currently still trading with the Stochastics crossover on the 4H TF and the results are quite okay. Will experiment some more and let you guys know the exact results :)

vicky_ag

Sagar

I think it is better to trade off some other broker's demo as compared to SwissDealing. It will give you a better view of your trades plus the charting tools are an added bonus.

I took some trades @ 9 AM and left for work. So, absoultely no idea if they are working or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.