Trading Plans.....Open to All

Closed all Long Positions in Minor Profit.....
Sold BankNifty Futures @ 19559,SL @ 19698,Partial Profit booking @ 19059
Sold NiftyFutures @ 8722,SL @ 8804,Partial Profit booking @ 8554

Trade Plans for 7th Oct 2016:thumb:
NiftyFutures:Fresh Buying above 8804,SL @ 8686
BankNifty Futures: Fresh Buying above ,SL @ 19351
That underlined part is a bit confusing. Do you mean that you are holding shorts and will book profits at BNF 19059 and NF 8554 ??

Yes ......
and
The Trade Plans for 7th Oct is new Trades to be entered if SL Hit and Trend Reverses.
Often it seems that your targets/take profit positions are much smaller than your stoploss.

mrktmstr

Often it seems that your targets/take profit positions are much smaller than your stoploss.

At Entry level it is a bit wide SL, but based on EOD Analysis,new levels are generated which trails the SL and new Reversal Trade level.

Last Trade is a Perfect example of this. Initial SL for Nifty was +100 points,but SL Hit gaining 11 points and Trend Reversed.

suktam

Hi
I also try other set up but almost same style... my main confusion is book profit at fix points means in nifty 170-200 points because some time we are that level but we follow system and atlast got loss or minimum points... are u back test your system on this logic??? Please give your expert advice...
Regards....

mrktmstr

Hi
I also try other set up but almost same style... my main confusion is book profit at fix points means in nifty 170-200 points because some time we are that level but we follow system and atlast got loss or minimum points... are u back test your system on this logic??? Please give your expert advice...
Regards....
I also got frustrated initially because of similar situation...(Also i felt disappointed seeing more or double Profits after Profit Booking.)
So i began booking partial profits.(Half the quantity will be booked at predefined levels and rest on Trend Reversal)

mrktmstr

Sold BankNifty Futures @ 19559,SL @ 19695,Partial Profit booking @ 19059
Sold NiftyFutures @ 8722,SL @ 8793,Partial Profit booking @ 8554

Trade Plans for 10th Oct 2016:thumb:
NiftyFutures:Fresh Buying above 8793.,SL @ 8679
BankNifty Futures: Fresh Buying above 19695,SL @ 19359

mrktmstr

Sold BankNifty Futures @ 19559,SL @ 19666,Partial Profit booking @ 19059

Trade Plans for 13th Oct 2016:thumb:
NiftyFutures:Fresh Buying above 8793, SL @ 8697
BankNifty Futures: Fresh Buying above 19666, SL @ 19340

suktam

The thread owner's idea is definitely out of box thinking. Unfortunately, he has not studied all the scenarios before posting it here.

If he is still active, here are my suggestions to improve it.

Follow any trend following AFL. When a buy signal comes, buy current month future and immediately hedge it with next month ATM put. Have a target in mind say for example, 200 nifty points. When futures meet, the target get out with both positions. But instead, the market drops, there will a short signal gets generated. Go short, next month futures with far month call hedging. (Mind you we have not squared off the long futures position and its hedge when the nifty drops). If the short, hits your target exit short futures and its hedge. Then you roll down hedge of buy position to current ATM. If nifty keeps falling without reversing, keep rolling down your hedge until market reverses and hits your newly calculated profit target on buy side.
This way even if Nifty falls by 3000 points without reversal signal, we could bring the cost of buy position by 1500 points down from its original position. If Nifty drops from 8000 to 5000, your original target being 8200, now the revised buy target becomes 6700. But in reality, Nifty never moved 3000 points with a single signal in 1 Hour timeframe or daily timeframe with any trend following AFL.

This method requires you to keep the long term expiry of puts/calls so that you donot get caught in Theta erosion....

Above suggestion is given by Mr Suri ji.. in another thread...
What you think related to your trading... shall we use same??? What your experience says??
Regards...

mrktmstr

Sold BankNifty Futures @ 19559,SL @ 19666,Partial Profit booking @ 19059

Trade Plans for 13th Oct 2016:thumb:
NiftyFutures:Fresh Buying above 8793, SL @ 8697
BankNifty Futures: Fresh Buying above 19666, SL @ 19340
Booked Partial profits in Nifty (+165 Points)
and
BankNifty (+500 Points)

:thumb: