Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

pannet1

At present I am not doing any stock day trading. Only shorting some stock option PEs with the intention of buying those stocks. But I would like to start day trading with small quantities.

All my naked positions are in BN only, and the position size is some what manageable wrt to my account size.

Up to 1000 point gap-up/ gap-down in BN, I can escape with manageable losses.

For intra day, its not a problem.I can always adjust my positions as and when BN is moving.

In ideal scenario, I would like to keep one lot of BN naked short position per each 10 lakhs capital. May take some more time to reach that stage.
@amrutham may sound humble. but for what he is doing you need iron balls. newbies starting out in options, please stay away from copying him please.

amrutham

New trades opened for Apr12 expiry.

Short 24200 PE 200 Qty@51
Short 25200 CE 200 Qty@51

Long 24500 PE 600 Qty @130
Short 24400 PE 600 Qty @104
Short 24000 PE 600 Qty @42

Total credit around 30000
Sold 24800 PE 200 Qty @135. This is a hedge for short 25200 CE.
Bought back 24200 PE 200 Qty@31

Total credit around 20k

Pannet1 is right.
My total trading capital is around 50 L and with small account size, do not follow these strategies blindly. Your account can be wiped out with a single big move.
Good going Amrutham....what is important is you are in tune with your trading strategy and comfortable trading it. Are you using this Rs 50 L in 3-4 different trading accounts ?

Average profit in 60 days challenge is Rs 2-3 Lakhs.....which is for 3 calender months.On a trading capital of Rs 50 L it comes to 1.5 to 2 % per month.....so beginers please dont get carried away and assume that same amount of profits can be made on Rs 5 to 10 L capital......
no taking away of credit from Amrutham but a word of caution for the newcomers...

Smart_trade

amrutham

Good going Amrutham....what is important is you are in tune with your trading strategy and comfortable trading it. Are you using this Rs 50 L in 3-4 different trading accounts ?

Average profit in 60 days challenge is Rs 2-3 Lakhs.....which is for 3 calender months.On a trading capital of Rs 50 L it comes to 1.5 to 2 % per month.....so beginers please dont get carried away and assume that same amount of profits can be made on Rs 5 to 10 L capital......
no taking away of credit from Amrutham but a word of caution for the newcomers...

Smart_trade
Yeah. Its in two different trading accounts. Will post the PL of other account next week end, when I finish my zerodha challenge in that account.
I stared with 40 L last year and made withdrawals of around 6 L for living expenses since then. It has grown to 50 L now.

One of these accounts is in my wife's name and trading is mostly done by her. I just provide her my inputs.

meherp

Gone through all the posts in this topic. Happy to know that there are real full time trader exists who make consistency in profit making with discipline. Really an encouraging topic for all trader.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

We started with around 40 L.
While starting, we kept onother 10 L in safe investments which is equal to 2 years of our living expenses. This is to avoid withdrawals form trading account in case of losses.
Great!. The best quality in you is the frankness of sharing your trade details. I am sure that you will reach new heights in Trading with your skills and risk management.

amrutham

Current Open Trades for Stock Options for April Expiry:

Sold 1 lot SBIN 230 PE at 2.8 . Total Premium Received : 8400

Plan of Action : If SBI closes below 230 by expiry, then take loss for the option position and roll over the contract to May for the same premium.
If it losses in the month of May also and goes below 200, I may convert it into equity by buy 3000 shares of SBI at the time and use covered calls from there on. If it closes above 230, then keep the premium.

Sold 1 lot PNB 80 PE at 1.1 . Its already fallen so much and if it falls more same plan of action as above.

Sold 1 lot INFY 1200 CE at 15 . This is a covered call as I already hold shares.

Bought Back SBIN 230 PE @0.7 and PNB 80 [email protected]. INFY position is still open.