Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

superman

Awesome to hear that ! Went through the entire thread.

Which OTM strikes you choose while writing options ? Will it be 1SD or 2SD away ? Dont you do any intraday trading in stocks ?

BTW be careful while selling naked PEs ; Imagine that tomorrow its gonna be 2008 again. What impact it might have on your P&L ?

in my whole experiece with traderji, this forum is real and informative with actual results.
@amrutham very best of luck, and go bless you for sharing such informative practical knowledge( for the young folks who have theoritical knowledge of butterflies and covered call).
this thread is actual bible for them. and it's have cutting edge that specified clearly you are concentrated on your profits to 3-5% ( which is very healthy). far away from average traders greed.
a simple request. whenever you initiate a trade ( by considering any forcast). as range or strike price you choose. pls give more insight how you select those. really love the way you work and how concentrated you initiate things.
great work :)

amrutham

Awesome to hear that ! Went through the entire thread.

Which OTM strikes you choose while writing options ? Will it be 1SD or 2SD away ? Dont you do any intraday trading in stocks ?

BTW be careful while selling naked PEs ; Imagine that tomorrow its gonna be 2008 again. What impact it might have on your P&L ?

At present I am not doing any stock day trading. Only shorting some stock option PEs with the intention of buying those stocks. But I would like to start day trading with small quantities.

All my naked positions are in BN only, and the position size is some what manageable wrt to my account size.

Up to 1000 point gap-up/ gap-down in BN, I can escape with manageable losses.

For intra day, its not a problem.I can always adjust my positions as and when BN is moving.

In ideal scenario, I would like to keep one lot of BN naked short position per each 10 lakhs capital. May take some more time to reach that stage.