Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

Raj232

amrutham

For todays trading, Futures were up whereas comparatively Index was a bit down as compared to previous day. Seems like weekly option premium was following the index today (instead of futures price) .. just an observation !! :)
Since we have almost reached end of the weekly expiry with just one day left, it would follow index prices only.

But for monthly options, the option prices would be based on futures price considering premium/discount.

amrutham

Its great to see you sharing info. In an intraday trade .. posted in my thread, given 2.15% (for the day) .. any suggestions ?
https://www.traderji.com/community/...erivatives-indices.108053/page-3#post-1360361

[maybe today was an exceptional day, but trying to formulate a low risk / medium return style writing options]
Thats a nice return for intraday trade without much risk. For weekly options, in the last 3 days, the premium decay is very high.

In my case, I would not be allocating more than 10- 20 % of my capital towards these types of trades. Since these are naked positions with out any protection on either side. Hence I keep the position size small.

If you allocate 100% capital to this type of trades, then the returns would be great when the going is good. But imagine a flash crash of 10-20% intraday due to any bad news, then it will wipe out your trading account.

Last edited: