Trade with options data

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW THE HOT STOCK OF THE DAY TODAY IS ALMOST NOTHING DIDNT GET ANY GOOD PREDICTABLE DATA BUT GOT SOMETHING IN TATAMOTORS THE OI WAS ALMOST POSTIVE FOR THE PAST 7 DAYS OR SO AND TATAMOTORS FACING RESISTANCE 205-210 ZONE AND CLOSED NEGATIVE TODAY. THE PUT WRITERS COVERED THEIR POSITONS AT 200 ALMOST 10 PERCENT SO MAY BE SOME MORE DOWN SIDE LEFT FOR TATAMOTORS
I'm bit curious as I'm not knowledgeable about options in depth.
Actually, can you tell me how do put writers cover their positions?

SO BAHRTI DOWN ALREADY NRLY 10PERCENT IS THERE MORE DOWN SIDE ? MAY BE
What does negative OI indicate?

I'm bit curious as I'm not knowledgeable about options in depth.
Actually, can you tell me how do put writers cover their positions?

What does negative OI indicate?
put writers........means put sellers...........buy puts,in order to square off their positions..................negative CHANGE IN OI indicates..........that oi was decreased..........:)

Last edited:
..........negative OI indicates..........that oi was decreased..........:)
Which means, are traders closing out open positions or entering new shorts or longs or what? How can be the number be negative?

Say today 100 new longs joined the stock, so, the OI will stand at x+100. Right?
Tomorrow, all 100 positions were squared off or exited. Now the OI will stand at x-100. Right?
How and when does OI becomes negative? Is what I don't understand.

which means, are traders closing out open positions or entering new shorts or longs or what? How can be the number be negative?

Say today 100 new longs joined the stock, so, the oi will stand at x+100. Right?
Tomorrow, all 100 positions were squared off or exited. Now the oi will stand at x-100. Right?
How and when does oi becomes negative? Is what i don't understand.

oi can not be negative................what i have mentioned.....it is change in oi............its mistake of mine...........................sorry:)

kiranjakka

which means, are traders closing out open positions or entering new shorts or longs or what? How can be the number be negative?

Say today 100 new longs joined the stock, so, the oi will stand at x+100. Right?
Tomorrow, all 100 positions were squared off or exited. Now the oi will stand at x-100. Right?
How and when does oi becomes negative? Is what i don't understand.
oi cant be negative but change in oi can be negative

Status
Not open for further replies.