Trade with options data Part 2

kiranjakka

As with any single candlestick, confirmation is required. The Hanging Man formation shows the price goes much lower than the open then closes near the opening price. This could mean that many longs have positions that they are attempting to sell. Ideally, a black real body Hanging Man with a lower open the following day could be a bearish signal for the days ahead.

As with any single candlestick, confirmation is required. The Hanging Man formation shows the price goes much lower than the open then closes near the opening price. This could mean that many longs have positions that they are attempting to sell. Ideally, a black real body Hanging Man with a lower open the following day could be a bearish signal for the days ahead.
does that mean nifty will go down ?
im holding 5600pe and 5500pe
any views on this ?

manojborle

does that mean nifty will go down ?
im holding 5600pe and 5500pe
any views on this ?
depends on what price you bought 5500 put , don't expect expiry below 5500.
Similar for 5600 put , depends on what price you bought ?
There may be a dip till 5590 nf , so can exit there.
I dont see nf going below 5550.

manojborle

Bought 5600pe at 15.80 and 5500pe at 6
I have one query why did you buy 2 different puts of same expiry ?

For 5500 put, your breakeven is 5494@ expiry. (Delta -0.09)
For 5600 put, your breakeven is 5584@ expiry. (Delta -0.22).

Both the puts are far Out of Money.

As only 4 days are remaining, it is very difficult that 5500 put will be In the Money. So I don't think you will get anything out of 5500 Put.

There are good chances of market correcting but it may happen that it will try to to reach 5800 level first and then correct or it can remain sideways also.

If it remains sideways, you will lose premium of both the puts.

As far as I know you should never buy option which is going to expire in a week as it will not have any chance of getting into the Money, rather whatever time value it has it will erode very fast.

Hope you get profits from the position.

Best luck