Votes: 15 8.7%
  • The Holy Grail EXISTS AND I KNOW IT

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • The Holy Grail EXISTS AND I DON'T KNOW IT

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 30 17.3%

• Total voters
exactly.... and if anybody would have choose it, then ST's point fit in 'why they are here?':D:lol:
There is no "Holy Grail" but there are methods with edge and positive expectancy and if one trades with proper MM and discipline one can make money....that is beyond doubt. But that big IF is there......

All people here may not be for learning the profitable methods they may already have their own profitable methods. There is a joy is sharing what you know with others and also learning in that process.....so I wont say that all traders who are successful would not come here.

Smart_trade

vikrit

There is no "Holy Grail" but there are methods with edge and positive expectancy and if one trades with proper MM and discipline one can make money....that is beyond doubt. But that big IF is there......

All people here may not be for learning the profitable methods they may already have their own profitable methods. There is a joy is sharing what you know with others and also learning in that process.....so I wont say that all traders who are successful would not come here.

Smart_trade
totally agree,

so it implies if THG exist (as per 10 assumptions), these 10 people can know it in real and may be some have it. so, will you do the favor now, by introducing these people (activate option of showing ids or in any other way) :D.
we would love to talk to them, don't worry we will do our best to break their illusion.:D:rofl:

Last edited:

intellibitz

But They Did Not Give Up

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
~ Samuel Beckett

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
~ Confucius

As a young man, Abraham Lincoln went to war a captain and returned a private. Afterwards, he was a failure as a businessman. As a lawyer in Springfield, he was too impractical and temperamental to be a success. He turned to politics and was defeated in his first try for the legislature, again defeated in his first attempt to be nominated for congress, defeated in his application to be commissioner of the General Land Office, defeated in the senatorial election of 1854, defeated in his efforts for the vice-presidency in 1856, and defeated in the senatorial election of 1858. At about that time, he wrote in a letter to a friend, "I am now the most miserable man living. If what I feel were equally distributed to the whole human family, there would not be one cheerful face on the earth."

http://des.emory.edu/mfp/efficacynotgiveup.html

intellibitz

" An option can get bigger than it's original size if all goes well for the trader. They can also melt with predictability. "
---POP

Most traders know what options are and how they work. I view them as ICE CUBES, which can either, melt or get larger when the water around them also freezes. When water freezes it will take up more volume than the water did in the original state.

An option can get bigger than it's original size if all goes well for the trader. They can also melt with predictability.

I like to weigh each of my option positions against a futures contract. By this I mean that each position or combination of positions has a weight. To impress upon you my view let us use a balancing scale. You know the kind I mean as one which has a platform on each side of a balance indicator.

Put an ice cube in the glass of water and I consider the weight of the ice cube as a call, which has been purchased. I consider the weight of the water as a put, which has been sold.

Regardless of how large the ice cube (long call) or how much water is left (short put), the total weight of that glass will remain the same. The ice cube can become larger when the temperature drops below 32 degrees and the water can become reduced liquid. It is the same with the call and the put. They can and will change size.

http://www.webtrading.com/phantom/chapter9.htm

Holi grails are many as per one common thing : that is, if you are getting profits with your system continuously & regularly then why can't you say it as a holi grail.

YES, they r holigrails friends, because they r upgrading your pocket and no question of failing once or twice.
so if as per this assumption, there are holi grails are many.

recently just as I saw in a webpage that indicating their system given 48 trades in it 25 are failed and totally they are in huge profits, even number of profit giving trades are less.

intellibitz

Striking Differences Between Winners and Losers

1 Winners focus on solutions. Losers focus on problems.
2 Winners take responsibility. Losers blame others.
3 Winners find opportunities in crisis. Losers complain about crisis.
4 Winners enjoy being in the present and learn from the past. Losers live in the past.
5 Winners make commitment and keep them no matter what. Losers make promises that they always break.
6 Winners think about how they can achieve. Losers give excuses.
7 Winners make personal development a priority. Losers neglect personal development.
8 Winners face their fear, accept it and take the leap. Losers dwell in their fear.
9 Winners constantly expand their comfort zone. Losers stay in their comfort zone.
10 Winners take action consistently. Losers refrain from taking action and lack consistency.
11 Winners take failure in their stride and learn from them. Losers fear failure and avoid them at all cost.
12 Winners try different strategies when they are not getting the results they want. Losers do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
13 Winners set goals. Losers lack goals.
14 Winners plan. Losers hate having a plan.
15 Winners believe there are always things to be learn. Losers consider themselves as an expert even though they know little.
16 Winners are humble. Losers are egoistic.
17 Winners continue to hone their skill every other day without fail. Losers make little effort in honing their skill.
18 Winners work hard. Losers avoid work.
19 Winners give their best for the things that they decide to do. Losers work half heartedly in everything that they do.
20 Winners are persistent and will do whatever it takes (ethical means) to achieve their goal. Losers give up when obstacles pop up.
21 Winners manage their time well and indulge in high value activities that will bring them closer to their goals. Losers lack time management skills and indulge in time wasting activities like playing games and watching re runs for the umpteen time.
22 Winners dream in the day. Losers dream in bed.
23 Winners think about possibilities. Losers focus on obstacles that will stop them from achieving.
24 Winners are certain. Losers doubt.
25 Winners control their own destiny. Losers leave everything to their fate.
26 Winners give more than they take. Losers take more than they give.
27 Winners think whether the crowd is going in the right direction. If not, he will walk the other direction. Losers follow the crowd.
28 Winners think and lead. Losers refuse to think so they follow.
29 Winners listen. Losers fight for every chance to talk.
30 Winners always find a better way to do things. Losers stick to one way of doing things.
31 Winners spend money in seminars and classes to improve themselves. Losers think that spending money on seminars and classes is a waste of money and they prefer to buy toys that gives them instant gratification.
32 Winners help others to win. Losers refuse to help and think only about their own benefit.
33 Winners find like minded people like themselves that can bring them to greater height. Losers find like minded people like themselves that will drag them to failure.

http://www.healthmoneysuccess.com/1795/33-differences-between-winners-and-losers/

VaibhavPRO

to add a few more points which are holy grails in my view

1) Understanding market behaviours/cycle.Changing urself with market conditions and trading accordingly. Accepting the fact that no one method works every time

2) Accepting that, big returns possible in long term with defensive strategy giving consistent profits with good money management.

3) Understanding urself and devising plans to trade which are in sync with your mentality.