Sounding Board and Random Brainstorming

arsh22g

Guys, can you help me with this.

Say, my system has initiated a Buy or Short. Sell and Cover conditions are different than Short and Sell, respectively. Now, if next order is to be executed, I want to check what was the last order and whether the same has been closed or not. How can I code that in AFL?

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Guys, can you help me with this.

Say, my system has initiated a Buy or Short. Sell and Cover conditions are different than Short and Sell, respectively. Now, if next order is to be executed, I want to check what was the last order and whether the same has been closed or not. How can I code that in AFL?
Code:
Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell); 
Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy); 

Short=ExRem(Short,Cover); 
Cover=ExRem(Cover,Short);
add these lnes in your code, these should take care.

arsh22g

For experienced traders here, how were the years 2011 and 2012 for trading?

Some of my backtested strategies are giving excellent results since 2008, but most of them are failing in 2011 and 2012. 2012 mainly because of the flash crash of 5th Oct, so if I put a SL limit, 2012 improves. But 2011 still remains bad.

Was there something about 2011....?

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets

from last 3 days i saw so many ami system performance in many threads. this is my system performance from 2015 till mar 2016.
instrument - nifty and banknifty and 10 stocks. i stopped trading 1 stock. Diversification is very very important.
lot size- only 1 open position and lot size 1 only.
trades- very less trades one trade in 3 days. trade less earn more.
risk/reward- 1:5
its trend following system.
its purely intraday system.
this system does not look in future. all signals are on candle close. all position sq off intraday. checked bar by bar and in live mode from last 3 months. i am trading live from this 1 apr.
trading cost added 200 rs per trade.

i am trading this system automatic. i mean 100% automatic. everyday morning my virtual server open automatically. my api, amibroker opens automatically. my data feed starts automatically. signals come in amibroker executes automatically and after market closes all applications shut down automatically. so i dont do anything even i dont check contract notes everyday i just check my system performance on Saturday thats all.market is battle ground i need more soldiers for war so i want 5 systems like this system. currently i have only 2. Diversification is very important in trading.

i am doing discretion trading in nifty options also and i am doing good in it. i am on my way to won my first 60 days challenge.

i blown my account few times. many times i stopped trading. i am not yet successful in trading. good part is my account size was small never more than 1 lakh.

Good to see honestly accepting the failures and I had the same experience and almost 4 times happened with me, trying again to return to it. This time again back with more capital and ready to take the risk... :thumb:

Thanks
Ramesh

Last edited:
i am trading this system automatic. i mean 100% automatic. everyday morning my virtual server open automatically. my api, amibroker opens automatically. my data feed starts automatically. signals come in amibroker executes automatically and after market closes all applications shut down automatically. so i dont do anything even i dont check contract notes everyday i just check my system performance on Saturday thats all.

How have you automated the above ? Im on Amazon web server and would like to have my setup run automatically like yours.

Thanks