Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, when I originally showed the entry using the ichimoku, it was part of the learning sphere within the series on ichimoku. The chart was posted when I was talking to VJAY with my entire methodology on it.

The weekly, because of the insanely bearish cloud and the current plight of the kijun is showing a minimum target of .9210 and a possible drop to .8343. The daily is showing the same personality traits as the 4-hour, except the kijun is not dissecting the cloud.
Last week the WR3 was hit, which was 2 pips above the MR1. The channel is still sloping south and the upper part of it was close to being hit on the weekly.
Once the momentum picks up, it will force a stochastic crossover which will be, in effect, a strong divergence pattern. If the move remains weak, then I'm ready to pull out near the top of the 4-hour cloud, then look for a possible reentry later.

Paul ..I saw this setup but wanted to be rather sure before I jumped on the train. So apart from experience what made you enter this trade... And exit would be top of the daily cloud or weekly cloud ( since the latter has a higher level ) ?

Ichimoku XII--kumo

png image hosting

hosting images

You might say that for the next several insertions on the ichimoku, we are going to keep our heads in the clouds--lol.

It should be noted that in using the examples, for the most part, I will use the rule for the demonstration. It is never my nature to shy away from the exception. Many times I am also posting markets that are of specific interest to me. Feel free to bring your favorite market to the table. If there is an exception you felt you spotted and you want to talk about it, then post it.
I'm posting the charts for demo and learning purposes, but more interested in a dialogue and knowing what others think.

The top chart is the hourly of the EUR/NZD, and the bottom is its 4-hour. Often I refer to using multiple TF's to get the total view and also using them as a means of confirmation of a position or to repudiate an original intent. This shows how the cloud measures a market's equilibrium, and how price always gravitates back to it.
The hourly is showing how price dipped way under the cloud. Price had to pull back to it. Also, notice how the candle snuck into the cloud. Write it off! That was a head fake. It has to be! It is a fresh cloud, so on the initial hit it will contain price action. Price continued to scoot along the edge of it, and then finally broke through. Notice how after it broke through and how the top is rejecting the candle (I'll get more into that later.).
Moving to the 4-hour. It suggests one obvious thing. Price is going to break above the hourly cloud. Why? Because the 4-hour cloud has not been hit yet. It wondered too far away from the 4-hour and there has to be a gravitational pull back to it. We can conclude that there should be a strong move to the bottom of the cloud, because price action will get a thrust from the hourly.
On the original hit of the cloud, however, expect price to be rejected.

Now, it's live action time and time to combine what we have learned to this point. We know the formula for the tenken and kijun. A cursory glance at the hourly tells us that by the beginning of London on Wednesday, the kijun will be in full agreement with the tenken at the cloud break, as the kijun will be pointing northward. Being level, for now, near the bottom of tells us that is strong support. The combination of that ichi knowledge tells us Wednesday is in for a bull day.

Hello 4xP,

This is chart (I am not sure if you want/have your eyes :D) of Larsen & Tourbo(LT), for last 4 days, it is making higher highs & higher lows, is this sign of reversal?

Can you put your thoughts here?

VJAY

Hello 4xP,

This is chart (I am not sure if you want/have your eyes :D) of Larsen & Tourbo(LT), for last 4 days, it is making higher highs & higher lows, is this sign of reversal?

It making lower lows & lower highs...clear cut downtrend.....

And....hello to you, T4J.

First I think you meant lower lows and lower highs. Unless it is those last 5 candles you are considering.

I guess it is okay to be totally objective and honest, so here goes.
Your chart is not telling me a lot, with the exception that if past history has anything to say about it, it is in for another correction that forms a swing high, then another dip.

The reason other than just viewing past history that your chart does not tell me a lot is that you have 5 oscillators, and they will all say basically the same thing. It would appear there is a confluence, but considering they all do basically the same thing, I can only view it as just that.

When you said higher highs and higher lows, and you meant the last 5 candles, then that has already happened 5 times since the peak, so based on that, I could assume some higher highs and lows, and then another dip. I'm making an assumption here that based on the momentum, I can only assume another dip is on the horizon. I would like to know what the higher TF's are up to. Assuming this is your hourly, maybe you can post the 4-hour or the daily. At that point, I can at least draw some TL's chart S&R's, and make a more informed and intelligent view.

Hello 4xP,

And....hello to you, T4J.

First I think you meant lower lows and lower highs. Unless it is those last 5 candles you are considering.

I guess it is okay to be totally objective and honest, so here goes.
Your chart is not telling me a lot, with the exception that if past history has anything to say about it, it is in for another correction that forms a swing high, then another dip.

The reason other than just viewing past history that your chart does not tell me a lot is that you have 5 oscillators, and they will all say basically the same thing. It would appear there is a confluence, but considering they all do basically the same thing, I can only view it as just that.

When you said higher highs and higher lows, and you meant the last 5 candles, then that has already happened 5 times since the peak, so based on that, I could assume some higher highs and lows, and then another dip. I'm making an assumption here that based on the momentum, I can only assume another dip is on the horizon. I would like to know what the higher TF's are up to. Assuming this is your hourly, maybe you can post the 4-hour or the daily. At that point, I can at least draw some TL's chart S&R's, and make a more informed and intelligent view.
Thanks for quick response.

Sorry, i forgot to tell you this is daily chart.

In this software i don't have 4 hour chart.

Yes, i was talking about last 4 candles about higher highs & lows.

rangarajan

Dear 4xpip,

Pl tell me when one trades with ichimoku,the losses r much higher if the trade goes against u as the s/l is far away & vice versa on profit & that is the reason many people avoid it esp for intraday.

Oh my goodness!! A thing of beauty!

The first thing I'm going to assume is that the daily tenken and 4-hour kijun are about the same value. Add to that the up move really lacks momentum, and so the 4-hour kijun should be strong enough to contain the drive north. If anything the level it recently leveled (No pun intended that time.) at should contain price action on this leg.
What we do see happening is the potential for the candle to drift deeper from that daily cloud, which would mean an eventual move back to the cloud is due. In the absence of all other information, watch for a reaction at the next level of dots on the daily. That could mark the area that will be as far as it can go from the cloud. The first strong indication there will be of a genuine uptrend will be the break of the top of the 4-hour cloud.

Dear paul,
Here are the chart for LT with your indicator :)

Oh my goodness!! A thing of beauty!

The first thing I'm going to assume is that the daily tenken and 4-hour kijun are about the same value. Add to that the up move really lacks momentum, and so the 4-hour kijun should be strong enough to contain the drive north. If anything the level it recently leveled (No pun intended that time.) at should contain price action on this leg.
What we do see happening is the potential for the candle to drift deeper from that daily cloud, which would mean an eventual move back to the cloud is due. In the absence of all other information, watch for a reaction at the next level of dots on the daily. That could mark the area that will be as far as it can go from the cloud. The first strong indication there will be of a genuine uptrend will be the break of the top of the 4-hour cloud.
I am still lacking knowledge on ichimoku:), so if you can explain with some indicators & price on chart it will be really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2