Silver below 18 $ and may reach 14 $ soon

jamit_05

there is nothing impossible about gold/silver price. I have price list since 1932. For the last 8 years it is increasing continiously with a small break. But if you check past it never went 1 way. If gold can rise from rs5600/ in 2005 to rs 32000/ in 2012 it can also down.it has about 11% down in dollar terms in 1 year
You have data since 1932 !!!

Could pls share it. I need data for Silver, Gold and Crude. I guess these three are most liquid and trendy.

MANISH_DAMANI

You have data since 1932 !!!

Could pls share it. I need data for Silver, Gold and Crude. I guess these three are most liquid and trendy.
In India MCx trading was not started that time. But if you go to netdania.com you will get gold, silver, crude in comex and nymex there :thumb::)

jamit_05

In India MCx trading was not started that time. But if you go to netdania.com you will get gold, silver, crude in comex and nymex there :thumb::)

I will need intraday data for as many years possible. The only way I can come up with a trading method. Could you please point me to the right source.

Thanks.

as mentioned earlier this is not the year of precious metals!:thumb: those who were positional SHORT will be jumping here and there!:D

not worried on GOLD as it has multiple support levels! for gold next immediate support is $1475!

but silver ka kya karoge! psychological support of $25 and then boom boom kazoom!

its mayhem out there!

lemme add my lil bit!

2013 is the year of DOLLAR and it mite make new highs in the later part of the year..main currencies will get weakened up against it (courtesy monetary easing!!!!)..earlier it was swiss franc and now yen...watch out for pound too which will dwarf the this present yen move in next few months to come! leave behind the peso, yuan etc.

this situation where DOLLAR becums super strong will be ultra negative for precious metals & sum wt to equity mkts in next few months!

those who think DOLLAR is doomed are highly mistaken..at the end of d day one hs to realise it being the world's reserve currency..pls read TRIFFIN's PARADOX to clear tht doubt!

nw imp question - hw low will GOLD & SILVER go frm here in the short term?

while GOLD can go as low as $1520 from here on and hs multiple support levels below it, SILVER is doomed below $26.1

as far as trading is concerned, it depends on the individual's style..one can still short them till these levels OR those who are stuck in them cn watch these levels as their SL..also, one can get into aggressive LONG depending on the mkt conditions near or at these mentioned levels!

but in short term to medium term, it definitely luks a weaker scenario!

NOTE: abv negative long term scenario holds true till DOLLAR's strength holds, failing which GOLD will live upto its safe haven demand!

jamit_05

as mentioned earlier this is not the year of precious metals!:thumb: those who were positional SHORT will be jumping here and there!:D

not worried on GOLD as it has multiple support levels! for gold next immediate support is $1475!

but silver ka kya karoge! psychological support of $25 and then boom boom kazoom!

its mayhem out there!
Silver's next support is $20; And a very good one at that. A very safe bet.

Klewtar

For someone who is a long term investor silver is a really risky bet but lately, it seems to be great for me to swing trade. Gold can be a store of value while silver has been more or less speculation driven since the 90s. Technically speaking, silver may go down since there are very few fundamental reasons for going long in silver.

What was the cost of silver when it bottomed out in the 90s? That was probably the cost to extract silver from mines and it may go back that low in the near future.

Last edited:

jamit_05

Lets think about Investing in Silver like you would for a company.

I am willing to invest in a company if:

1) I know that it won't go bye-bye during the next 10 years
2) My purchase price is at least 50% from the top. And buy at major monthly supports.
3) Also, if the company fundamentals continue to be good and yet share price falls 50% I will further buy.

In that respect, I know for sure, Infosys can go belly up but silver won't. All time high is $50. 150% room. First purchase at $20, which is a strong support. A safe bet. Next purchase, at $10, also a very strong support.

On the brighter side, it is likely that the precious metals re-gain mad demand due to instability in the world. Currently, it is the reverse cuz a couple of EU govs have sold to raise cash. But, it is very likely to recover. Even if it doesn't then holding it for dear life is not that bad a choice for diversification.

its an apple to orange comparison when u compare investing in silver with stocks!

silver is purely a speculative commodity and taking adv as a poor brother to gold! but the question is till when?:annoyed:

just compare it by urself when you talk of investing!

will silver produce anything? no! it is dead as dodo! but owning stocks is a direct participation in corporate productivity! so more productivity, higher eps & stock prices. in short compounding in its true sense in years to come! ok - did i forget dividends! :cool:

2ndly, take an example of 2 investors! investor 1 one who has all the silver in this world which is siting dead as dodo in his house! investor 2 who has equivalent cash to all the silver value of investor 1! so at present they have equal worth of money! now investor 2 with the cash will buy best shares of companies available across economies!

what do you think - who will be richer in next 10-15 years? ok - did i forget dividends again in case of stocks! :cool:

its an apple to orange comparison when u compare investing in silver with stocks!

silver is purely a speculative commodity and taking adv as a poor brother to gold! but the question is till when?:annoyed:

just compare it by urself when you talk of investing!

will silver produce anything? no! it is dead as dodo! but owning stocks is a direct participation in corporate productivity! so more productivity, higher eps & stock prices. in short compounding in its true sense in years to come! ok - did i forget dividends! :cool:

2ndly, take an example of 2 investors! investor 1 one who has all the silver in this world which is siting dead as dodo in his house! investor 2 who has equivalent cash to all the silver value of investor 1! so at present they have equal worth of money! now investor 2 with the cash will buy best shares of companies available across economies!

what do you think - who will be richer in next 10-15 years? ok - did i forget dividends again in case of stocks! :cool:
I had bought shares worth 20000 about 5 years back & also bought some silver ornaments for 30000.....today shares are worth 8000 & silver is worth 92000 :annoyed:.

since you mentioned last 5 years, i can agree with you somewht! still cant comment fully on which shares you bought at what price! also, in what allocation.

but the idea still remains the same that silver is speculation and stocks investment is real investing!

I had bought shares worth 20000 about 5 years back & also bought some silver ornaments for 30000.....today shares are worth 8000 & silver is worth 92000 :annoyed:.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Trading Diary 2
P Metals 1
S Metals 0
P Metals 7
N Metals 51