SH's Intraday Strategy - ELH5

daitya

Dear Pundit,
When I downloaded it first, the web address was gcifinancial.com. Now it seems different. As I'm not well versed in computer and its applications, may some other helping and experienced traders of this forum address you on this issue, please. All the best !
The name of the site is www.gci trading .com ..remove spaces and download mt4 demo after registering for demo trading..

Once downloaded.. install and it will connect directly to the server ...if not then register through software...

Now how to get nifty in gci demo:: Go to view > market watch > symbols > right click there > symbols > indexes > click on nse_nifty and click show..

Now you will have nifty in file > new chart > indexes > nifty..

Enjoy

Dear SH,
Is this strategy not works in these type of markets....imo you are trading this method some times now..how is its profitability...sure in longer term it will in profit...just asking for some info from you:)...though am started paper trade it for 1 month in minifty....

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Vjay - BAsed on my charting software and trades I have mentioned about all trades since 30th November on this thread with charts.

30th Nov - 50 point profit (3 trades winning, 1 loss trade)
1st December - 50 point profit (3 trades winning, 1 loss trade)
2nd Dec - 20 points profit (1 profit trade)
3rd Dec - 15 point loss (2 loss trades)

above doesnt include brokerage etc.

You can paper trade this strategy for a month and see... if its consistently going in loss for you .. you can start trading opposite to the signals and still make profit ... the idea is to profit whether following the system or going against it :D

Cheers
SH

in day trading its absolutely critical to negotiate the lowest possible brokerage you can obtain.

Just as an example suppose you pay 0.2% roundtun per trade (I know u dont pay that much but its just to illustrate the effect of brokerage) Lets say you have Rs100 so you pay 20 paisa roundturn per trade, say i trade 2 times a day (and this is conservative side). So in a month 40 trades, in a year 480 trades. So we have to pay 96 rs in brokerage in a year, that means we need to make 96% on our capital just to b/e. forget about profit.

so its just to explain the staggering effect brokerage has on daytrading especially over the long term it really adds up so guys its really crucial to get lowest brokerage possible.
Aryabhatta - you are absolutely right. :thumb: brokerage kills the day trader more than there own loss trades. This is why most day traders end up on losing side while the brokers flourish.

Besides a successful trading plan, its equally important for a trader to find the most competetive and cheapest broker too if he/she wishes to succeed.

For example, a trader who trades twice everyday should be paying a maximum of 2 paisa per 100 brok which is 0.02%. Include STT, service tax etc and it becomes 2.5 paisa per Rs 100.

Using your example, the brokerage than for an year would be less than 10% of the capital. Its still very high, but not as scary as 96%

IF you negotiate harder or go for online only brokers..you can easily get 1 paisa brokerage which brings your yearly cost further down to 5%....

Cheers
SH

pundit

The name of the site is www.gci trading .com ..remove spaces and download mt4 demo after registering for demo trading..

Once downloaded.. install and it will connect directly to the server ...if not then register through software...

Now how to get nifty in gci demo:: Go to view > market watch > symbols > right click there > symbols > indexes > click on nse_nifty and click show..

Enjoy
Thanks dear I have downloaded it but after running the software and adding the nifty index its not showing the chart it just says " Waiting for update" on a black screen, can you plz tell how will I get the chart.

Vjay - BAsed on my charting software and trades I have mentioned about all trades since 30th November on this thread with charts.

30th Nov - 50 point profit (3 trades winning, 1 loss trade)
1st December - 50 point profit (3 trades winning, 1 loss trade)
2nd Dec - 20 points profit (1 profit trade)
3rd Dec - 15 point loss (2 loss trades)

above doesnt include brokerage etc.

You can paper trade this strategy for a month and see... if its consistently going in loss for you .. you can start trading opposite to the signals and still make profit ... the idea is to profit whether following the system or going against it :D

Cheers
SH
Today 4 trades based on this system

Long at 10.15 AM bar - profit booked 20 points.
Long at 11.50 AM bar - loss booked 20 points
Short at 1.05 PM bar - profit booked 20 points
Short at 2.15 PM bar - profit booked 20 points

Net profit of the day 40 points (excluding brokerage) :)

Cheers
SH

Today 4 trades based on this system

Long at 10.15 AM bar - profit booked 20 points.
Long at 11.50 AM bar - loss booked 20 points
Short at 1.05 PM bar - profit booked 20 points
Short at 2.15 PM bar - profit booked 20 points

Net profit of the day 40 points (excluding brokerage) :)

Cheers
SH
Hi SH,

Can u pls clarify tt triger is 2 consecutive closing outside EMA channel(wx long or short) irrespective of color of bar. I took 2 green above EMAH for long & 2 red below EMAL for short, think this is wrong.

Traded 1 lot of minifty

Thanx

daitya

Thanks dear I have downloaded it but after running the software and adding the nifty index its not showing the chart it just says " Waiting for update" on a black screen, can you plz tell how will I get the chart.
Live update the software when you start the mt4 and after updating load the nifty chart..

Enjoy
Thanks a lot..Is it the same nifty future as in nseindia..

One can use following afl for amibroker for trigger only if he is having live data..

/////SH Intraday Statregy - ELH5/////////////////
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) Vol " +WriteVal( V, 1.0 ) +" {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 )) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
if( ParamToggle("Tooltip shows", "All Values|Only Prices" ) )
{
ToolTip=StrFormat("Open: %g\nHigh: %g\nLow: %g\nClose: %g (%.1f%%)\nVolume: "+NumToStr( V, 1 ), O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 )));
}

Plot(a=EMA(H,5),"H5",1,1);
Plot(b=EMA(L,5),"L5",1,1);

Buytrigger = C>a AND Ref(C,-1) > Ref(a, -1);
selltrigger = C<b AND Ref(C,-1) < Ref(b, -1);

shape=Buytrigger*shapeUpArrow + selltrigger*shapeDownArrow;
PlotShapes(shape,IIf(Buytrigger,colorBlack,colorBlack));

//////////////end of code///////////
Thanks for afl..However it gives only trigger...Please update buy and sell signals..