SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

sunny_cool

have you all exited your long position when market opened today as 3EMA was not touching?

It came down to touch 3EMA but looks like it did not touch it and bounced back. So we should not be holding long position as of now as per the rule. Someone please confirm.
Yes you are right...we are supposed to be out of long positions as its not touching 3EMA... & we are suppose to enter again when it again touches 3EMA

Candle not touching 3 EMA today so longs hsould have been booked.

Personally I have skipped this trade given that after a good trend 315 has a tendency to whip a coulple of times.

I exited my long position today as nifty is coming close to its resistance level and as you said probablity of whipswa is high.
If nifty retraces and 3EMA goes below 15 EMA, should we not create short position.what are the chances of whip in in that case.

Candle not touching 3 EMA today so longs hsould have been booked.

Personally I have skipped this trade given that after a good trend 315 has a tendency to whip a coulple of times.

I exited my long position today as nifty is coming close to its resistance level and as you said probablity of whipswa is high.
If nifty retraces and 3EMA goes below 15 EMA, should we not create short position.what are the chances of whip in in that case.
Refer to this post by SH.

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...gy-how-use-if-effectively-299.html#post553963

Hello Seniors and SH,

I cant understand what this term "candle not touching 3edma" implies ?

315 = reverese trades as crossover happen ..isn't it ?

Or is it not that simple ?

I checked 315 on nifty chart for last one year and it seemed a simple formula to sucess and positional trade.

There are few failed crossovers ...and may cause some losses but
otherwise on a long term it shud give good returns.

I want to go long on nifty..and cant wait anymore after finding this so simple and easy to execute strategy.

pls correct me if I am wrong.

I am new to trading and this forum , find this a amazing place to learn and I thank to Traderji and all of you.

Thanks

NT

I checked 315 on nifty chart for last one year and it seemed a simple formula to sucess and positional trade.

There are few failed crossovers ...and may cause some losses but
otherwise on a long term it shud give good returns.

I want to go long on nifty..and cant wait anymore after finding this so simple and easy to execute strategy.

pls correct me if I am wrong.

I am new to trading and this forum , find this a amazing place to learn and I thank to Traderji and all of you.
---
Thanks

NT
On paper, everything looks very simple:). When you put your foot down, things will not look as simple. It all depends on your psychology during trading.

If you have the will and patience to endure the loss made in a trade or hold a trade (come whatever may be), then you can surely go ahead with the approach. Don't take this strategy assuming that the rule looks simple and works by the rule (If that is the case, there will be only wealthy traders and no losers). It does not help always! Even the founder of this strategy accepts that there are trade whipsaws that had sometimes rocked this strategy a few times.

Moreover, read all the terms and conditions (Rules :)) before you trade on this strategy.

Since you are new to trading and this strategy, start with a low position and build up your positions only after you have understood this strategy very well. For example, you see Nifty going down. Trade with only 1 lot and make profit. Slowly as you mature in 315, start increasing your lot size. I have seen traders betting their capital on this strategy and losing money playing with more lots, since they (or their broker) do not have the necessary knowledge or the power to withstand the temporary unrealized loss and exit their positions.

FYI, I am not a senior, but I think I got 8 months experience in 315. Hope I am eligible to give you an advice! Cheers!

Last but least, keep you confidence in check while trading this strategy. The ability of this strategy to give assured profits has made traders over-confident that they sometimes overlook or overrides the rules to create their own rules and end up as losers (this has happened to me too ... and I am not ashamed to declare it. You got to burn your fingers to learn not to play with fire!).

Last edited: