SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

I posted this as its related to Technical Analysis. But you are right, I think this should go in separate thread. I would not like to dilute anything. Lot of efforts must have gone to develop winning strategy.

By reading lot technical material, I have tried to develop my trading plan, which makes lot of sense. I regularly update on my website. I would like to put a image here rather than attached a file. I am gonna try this next time.

Thanks
tradingforbusyguys

gauharjk

The EOD candle touched 15ema and closed above 15ema... So would this be an appropriate time to add shorts or we could call them reversal signs...??:confused:

sunny_cool

@gauharjk Ji

As per 315, as candle touched 15EMA it is the time to add the position for shorts as 3EMA has not crossed 15EMA yet. One can enter this time if he is willing to make more profit with some risk (as we are near to SAR in this case).

"Pyramiding

Pyramiding or 'adds' are obviosly done once our position has 'swung' into profits. The rule is we add when the markets correct after a swing, price comes and touched 15 EMA again (but 3 EMA hasnt crossed over). This means that we add very close to our SAR hence keeps the risk small and also ensures that even if SAR is triggered we still end up in net profits (since our initial position is in profits hopefully now)."

But if one want to very safe he can also follow the amended rule to add position. In that case two conditions needs to be qualified.

"So I amended the ADD rules slightly. I said I will add only if below 2 conditions are fulfilled:

1. 3 EMA is still below 15 EMA for shorts and visa versa AND
2. The current candle breaches previous day's lows for shorts (previous days highs for longs)
"

First condition in fulfilled in this case but for second condition one need to wait for Nifty to trade below 4806.

But in my personnel view i would like to add short position at this time as it has a difference of 190 point in Nifty & SAR would be around 50 points away. So it gives good risk-award ratio.But in end its one's personnel choice.

Last edited:
I posted this as its related to Technical Analysis. But you are right, I think this should go in separate thread. I would not like to dilute anything. Lot of efforts must have gone to develop winning strategy.

By reading lot technical material, I have tried to develop my trading plan, which makes lot of sense. I regularly update on my website. I would like to put a image here rather than attached a file. I am gonna try this next time.

Thanks
tradingforbusyguys
Hi - I do not think you are sharing any strategy here, you are just sharing results of your trades.

If you seriously wish to contribute to this forum, please share the details of the strategy (i.e what parameters/indicators trigger buy or sell and SLs etc). Otherwise this will be looked as only a way to advertise your website or your paid service.

Please do not post anything further in this thread.

Many thanks
SH