SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

Hello Seniors,

It seems there is Brearish Crossover on 315 today morning..is it a time to go short ? Or shud I wait till EOD ?

Also how to accurately see bearish crossovers on intraday chart on icharts.in as ema on intraday charts is in minutes ?

Tks

NT

Hello Seniors,

It seems there is Brearish Crossover on 315 today morning..is it a time to go short ? Or shud I wait till EOD ?

Also how to accurately see bearish crossovers on intraday chart on icharts.in as ema on intraday charts is in minutes ?

Tks

NT
Your query is directed to seniors..i am no senior but still trying to assist..
As per rule u need to wait till EOD for taking position. Also u may like check post no 3679 where trade4joisar has referred to a post by SH.. please go through that post ..it will assist you in decision making..please note that rules are simple but there is some discretion involved like SH did not take last crossover as probablity of wip was high.. he was right.after reading his post I closed my long position and opened short on Friday targeting bearish cross of 315.
As per SH market correction/prediction strategy 3ema has to be touched in 3days. Today 3ema is not touched since morning..if it remains so you need to open long position targetting 3 ema touch . As 315 and market correction/prediction strategy is not aligned you need to take a call based on your discretion.
Also to see bearish crossovers on intraday chart in icharts.in you need to select Daily timeframe.

Last edited:
Setup Amibroker

Hello,

I'm new to amibroker. I have setup the amibroker to download daily EOD futures data and also created the two EMA indicators.

Now, how do I setup the intraday getting into this system so that we get the buy/sell signal in the chart?

I do have PIB intraday plugin by VolumeDiggers.

Please help.

Thanks

mdrafi67

hi, does SH-315 Applicable for commodities like bullions, basemetals, energy etc...........pls throw some light on these. thanq

Re: Setup Amibroker

Hello,

I'm new to amibroker. I have setup the amibroker to download daily EOD futures data and also created the two EMA indicators.

Now, how do I setup the intraday getting into this system so that we get the buy/sell signal in the chart?

I do have PIB intraday plugin by VolumeDiggers.

Please help.

Thanks
Anyone? Please give a reply. Thanks

Markets at 5351 right now .... around 430 points profit on original lot ...... I have booked 50% today ... just holding the rest 50%.

Over the last 3 years of me trading 315, I have observed one thing on charts as well as on my ledger. This is something I have shared in the past as well i.e the cyclical nature of the market.

It means that every trend is followed by a rangebound market and every range is followed by a trend..... we hardly get a trending move immediately after a trending move and ranges do not continue forever. This is why we dont see a lot of 'V' shaped patterns on EOD charts.

A desciplined trader needs to stick to the system however also needs to adjust to the cycles and vary his trade sizes accordingly. I have been trying to proactively anticipate these cycles for last 1 year and now can share my 'sizing' strategy to the 315 traders here for their assessment and application.

My original strategy said that each trade needs to have equal trade size (Though in the past I kind of leaked my strategy by taking double trade quantity after 3 whips).

My 'amended' position size strategy is below.

After a good trending move is over (a move exceeding 5% and above excursion in favour of the 315 trade):

1. Take 50% of normal trade size on the next crossover .. there is a 'high' chance that this crossover will be a fake. A conservative trader can also decide to skip this crossover completely or take an small positions in options.

2. Take 50% of normal trade size in futures if the above crossover fails. This means that we are back in the bigger trend and hence the chances of a whip are relatively moderate.

3. Take normal trade size if the above crossover also fails. This means that markets have gone into some sort of range and a new trend is about to begin.

4. Take 200% of normal trade size as in rare scenarios, the 3rd crossover also might fail. This happened with us once recently. This means the markets have gone into a prolonged range and hence the start of a new trend is imminent.

By adjusting the position sizing, we will be losing less during whips and earn more with trends. Do backtest the same and post your comments/queries.

Cheers
SH
Dear SH,
Thank you so much for providing this simple strategy. Currently i am doing some paper work to understand it before implementing it in live. But i am unable to understand the 4 points mentioned above. I am confused here.:confused: Could you please explain me with an example by showing it in a chart?:eek: Waiting for your response.

Cheers,
Sujay