Sharekhan's Trade Tiger 2 Feedback Thread

Still facing, high cpu usage issue with Trade tiger advance. 2.4.0.4
what should I do??

Today I installed a program from internet to mointor my cpu temp, in idle state its 40-45*C in non-ac room.
while running trade tiger advance, TT uses about 50% CPU (1 core full), and temp is hitting 110-120*C.

time for water cooling?? any advice??
I, too, face this issue of high cpu usage. The program hangs and one is required to forcible close and then reload.

The cooling pad suggestion is a good one. However, that still doesn't excuse an app that causes the processor to heat up in such a manner.
Software cannot cause hardware to heat up. It is something else. Maybe the heat sink on pc needs replacing. I have TT on my machine and I leave it running for hours and that does not happen. Sure, my PC has overheated and even abruptly shutdown but everytime that happens, I call tech man and get him to clean up the heatsink's fan. TT does get disconnected if ISP plays.... those things happen ...

About the only complaint I have with TT is lack of documentation. Best example is trailing s/l that thy've got. Video is very slow in basic part. goes too fast in core and amounts are changing leaving to very frustrating experience on what it is and what it does.

I don't think so.. contact some tech guy from your area, let him configure your lan settings.. it should work..
I sometimes use router, sometimes dongle, sometimes proxy and never faced that issue. I do get disconnected in middle of trades but it is usually because ISP got choked.

seems like we have a sharekhan's fan over here.
Deepakji, I am investor/trader first and foremost. I would not waste my time in calling myself a fan of any one company. They have a product I can use at a price point that sounds fair. If something better comes up, I'd move over.

I am one of those who complains to their customer service within seconds when I find bugs. At some point, it was so frequent that I had sent them bill for testing.

I've compared them with 10 other terminals and as things currently stand TT is providing money's worth. Vertical and horizontal panning is not even on to-do list for most other terminals. Forget panning, even getting windows to Dock is a big-ask.

I understand what you mean when you say TT hogs CPU.

All said and done, TT is designed by someone who is or was a trader. Its implementation may have been by very competent to barely competent fellas and it shows.

I can also list cons of TT. Text Documentation does not exist and its important cause you cannot search for one word thru Video. For instance, TT's Layout portion of app is not great, but I can live without that.

DSM

Very helpful and informative post. I have 2 Dell i5, and both have the same problem of heating up too fast as well as freezing. Will try the below you suggested. Thanks a lot for posting this.

Those who are still facing CPU heat problem from sharekhan's snal to excel feature can use these..

A search over the net brings some programs that may help. They are all freeware.

Process Tamer

Process Tamer is a tiny (140k) and super efficient utility for Microsoft Windows XP/2K/NT/Vista/Win7 that runs in your system tray and constantly monitors the cpu usage of other processes. When it sees a process that is overloading your cpu, it reduces the priority of that process temporarily, until its cpu usage returns to a reasonable level.

Process Lasso

Process Lasso is a unique new technology that will improve your PC's responsiveness and stability during periods of high CPU load. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without restraint -- leading to freezes, hangs, and micro-lags. Process Lasso's ProBalance (Process Balance) technology intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs so that badly behaved processes won't negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC.

BES - Battle Encoder Shirase

BES is a small tool which limits the CPU usage for a specified process: for instance, you can limit the CPU usage of a process which would use CPU 100%, down to 50% (or any percentage you like). With this, you can use other programs comfortably while doing something CPU-intensive in the background. By limiting the CPU load, you can also cool down your CPU immediately when it happens to get too hot. Of course the processing speed will slow down proportionally if you limit the CPU usage, but it should be much better than crashing because of heat or (in the worst scenario) having your computer broken with a burned CPU.

note do not limit more then -30% with BES...

sach007

Impatient Trader
Hi I am new to TT... how to remove volume pane... coming when charts are opened.... it comes by default.

Thanks in advance for help...:)

Got my answer... how silly I was....hahaha

Last edited: