Sharekhan's Trade Tiger 2 Feedback Thread

Interesting discussions about indicators in TT. Although I don't use any it's good to see everyone's styles and the issues they face with indicators in TT. Although I have to say that the TT staff seem to have resolved the extreme processor over-heating issues that TT2.0 used to face, at leats on 64-bit architectures.

Any news on whether or not there are TT upgrades/advanced versions out there?

The Starving Trader

Raju

TT 2.0.1.0 is not opening on my PC.Machine has 2GB ram/XP SP3
TT 1.0.4.9 start quickly.

I am also waiting for some patch/new version.

Regards,
Raju

Last edited:

prst

TT 2.0.1.0 is not opening on my PC.Machine has 2GB ram/XP SP3
TT 1.0.4.9 start quickly.

I am also waiting for some patch/new version.

Regards,
Raju
i too wanted to revert to TT 1.0, but their website is having only 2.0.

prst

any specific reason why you want to switch back?
for one, the default values are not correct for most of the indicators.
for eg, macd has default time period set to 22 days.
and all of the indicators have SMA as default, which we hav to change to EMA.

bollinger bands dont display the middle line by default.

Raju

Today , TT 2.0.1.0 opened within few mins.Theme I did not like but was able to get Intraday Data from 15/7/2011 till 29/8/2011.In which only 5 days tick data is available else old data is 1 min.

Problem was resolved after downloading framework 3.5 sp1.

Regards,
Raju

Raju

We can have/install both 1.0.4.9 and 2.0.1.0 on same harddrive.

1.0.4.9 - For checking volumes/Gainers/Losers/5day tick data ( Low on memory)
2.0.1.0 - I use it for getting 1.5 mnths Intraday data (High memory consumption)

I do not use Sharekhan for trade execution :)
I give brokerage to Zerodha and use Sharekhan for chart/tick data etc.

Whichever TT.exe file is executed memory utilization depends upon that and so I do not use 2.0.1.0 in market hrs.

Regards,
Raju

well said. trade tiger 2 is useful only for viewing chart. when ever buy/sell order is given it simply closes down. I am using TT 2 for charting and giving orders through sharekhan webpage. i am using windows 7, intel I5, 3 GB Ram and 1 GB dedicated graphics card. will sharekhan take note of this to improve TT 2.

There is another version of TradeTiger 2.1.0 as opposed to 2.0.1.0 that users are currently on. This version is available only to Sharekhan branch staff at the moment, and is likely to be released once all bugs are supposedly ironed out.

I saw this at a local Sharekhan branch in my city. Is there any chance that end users can get hold of that version?