Sharekhan TradeTiger is not free from May 01, 2014

DSM

From what I last paid Rs. 6,000 for stocks, commodities and currencies, adjustable against (high) brokerage. I understand that some franchise however provide the same features of TT for an annual fee of Rs. 2,000.

TT is a good charting platform, however, the high brokerage is putting off active traders.... Even unlimited monthly trading brokerage is Rs. 4,000 per month per segment. But I guess subject to negotiation.....

I was speaking to my Sharekhan franchise broker, who said discount brokers are like 'Kingfisher' airlines... I kept quiet but was wondering if he realized the irony of his statement :lol: and if he has not in fact realized that it was his high brokerage model that was in trouble while discount brokers were doing just fine..... :)

what are current chargesfor tiger trade of sharkhan

Raj232

From what I last paid Rs. 6,000 for stocks, commodities and currencies, adjustable against (high) brokerage. I understand that some franchise however provide the same features of TT for an annual fee of Rs. 2,000.

TT is a good charting platform, however, the high brokerage is putting off active traders.... Even unlimited monthly trading brokerage is Rs. 4,000 per month per segment. But I guess subject to negotiation.....

I was speaking to my Sharekhan franchise broker, who said discount brokers are like 'Kingfisher' airlines... I kept quiet but was wondering if he realized the irony of his statement :lol: and if he has not in fact realized that it was his high brokerage model that was in trouble while discount brokers were doing just fine..... :)
Whatever it might be, the trading platform of ShareKhan and KotakSec is one of the best. Slightly higher charges, but the data refresh is quick and accurate (no delayed quotes due to bottlenecks) and no hangs/crashes in the software or at their end.

According to my personal experience, the most profitable retailers are customers of ShareKhan, then KotakSecurities, then ICICIDirect. The remaining are likely losers as they are looking for cheap brokers rather than being able to use the advantages of the costlier software.

After as couple of losses.. cheap broker becomes costly .. so basically you get what you pay for... hope i'm not sounding to bad saying this !

Last edited: