SEBI Research Analysts Regulations 2014

Virna

Does that mean I cannot post my opinion where to buy or sell a stock on a forum?

Can I post a target price based on my calculations?

Does that mean I cannot post my opinion where to buy or sell a stock on a forum?

Yes you cannot post any buy/sell advice.

Targets if calculated on some scientific basis and the basis explained here....then ok...else it becomes tips and it is not allowed.

Smart_trade

mt4trader

sebi rules are there but where is action. there are hundreds of sites giving tips and everyday i am getting calls from the sites every day.

Akrg

I have a question?

What is the difference between giving a target price and buy/sell opinion?
For example if you give a target for a stock today; it can be assumed that the cmp is either buy or sell price of the stock.

lemondew

Why is it necessary to post a price at all. Just give your opinion with the reason. No need for any targets SL and stuff.

Raghuveer

If you have a link to the exact rule, it would help.
Below quote is from http://www.traderji.com/general-tra...6368-general-trading-chat-39.html#post1032702
But these Gut instinct or Just a feeling type of advisors wont be able to post in public forum unless they have SEBI registration and comply with all reporting and inspection provisions.

Text of SEBI Regulation :

http://www.sebi.gov.in/cms/sebi_data/commondocs/RESEARCHANALYSTS-regulations_p.pdf

ST

Hi Virna,

As per the clarification provided by SEBI in FAQs to RA regulations, if you provide views only on Forums/blogs/public media, then you are not required to register. However, you would need to fulfill certain other disclosure and trading related requirements.

For more details please read: Do you need to register with SEBI before giving opinion about stocks?

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Vijay