Rs 20k to 20 L .....in 12 months time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

marimuthu13

i have a doubt about the last few legs ..of your trading plan.Hope you can clear the doubt..

You are planning to buy 10-20 lots of crude for last leg of points.Let's say you are ordering 10 lots of crude.5 people trading with you,I am assuming they are also doing the same.

so we have 5 x 10 = 50 lots

Now I am estimating 20 people are following this thread,employing their own money.

20 x 10 = 200 + original 50 = 250

And if everybody is buying 20 lots then it would come close to 400-450 lots.

Market depth at any price is 300-400 lots in average.

So if everybody following this thread here tries to buy and end up giving orders of 400 lots where market depth is say 300 lots at that point,Don't you think it will significantly alter the depth and thereby impacting the price or risk not being filled?

Do you think crude has enough depth to get a sudden 500 lot order without moving price significantly?
i have not experienced it in practical life though i have traded 40 lots ( 20 lots each in 2 account),

i never failed get to get FILL so far if price touches that my order number ( for both entry, SL , target.)

But its really scaring me , need to think through also, because i have already seen price not touching my entry point by missing 2-3 points and hiting target..

VJAY

i have a doubt about the last few legs ..of your trading plan.Hope you can clear the doubt..

You are planning to buy 10-20 lots of crude for last leg of points.Let's say you are ordering 10 lots of crude.5 people trading with you,I am assuming they are also doing the same.

Now I am estimating 20 people are following this thread,employing their own money.

So if everybody following this thread here tries to buy and end up giving orders of 400 lots where market depth is say 300 lots at that point,Don't you think it will significantly alter the depth and thereby impacting the price or risk not being filled?

Do you think crude has enough depth to get a sudden 500 lot order without moving price significantly?
Hoping sone thoughts about this by our ST DA here....

DSM

The minimum Crude contracts traded in Crude Mini in the 5M TF is 27,375, max 181,136 and total contract traded are 914,175

For Crude Major, the min, max is 79, 6,109 and total contracts traded are 171,328

There is enough and more liquidity in Crude to take care of entries and exits as traders follow different timeframes, pivots, strategies, indicators etc.... While Muthu follows Camarilla, the pivot levels calculated by traders using Standard, Fibonacci, Woodie's, DeMark's pivots will be different. So do not think that there is any reason to worry about entry in this highly liquid commodity....

I have no doubt order will be filled but at what price??
This is screen shot right now.

And in effect, we are buying as a group.

If a buy order comes at 3175 of 500 quantity where will it get filled completely? If my understanding is correct,at least someone's order will get filled at 3176,continuing to 3177 and 3178.

My query is with regard to that.

Secondly, if I see e,g a 600 lot order at 3179,won't I get curious?

marimuthu13

If a buy order comes at 3175 of 500 quantity where will it get filled completely? If my understanding is correct,at least someone's order will get filled at 3176,continuing to 3177 and 3178.

i completely agree with your views..

DSM

If you have doubt - Place limit order, so no worries about adverse price. Even as a group, the orders are minuscule. The orders book that is visible to us on the screen, are just flashed, amended and cancelled in less than blink of the eye... Algos test depth of market with hundreds of lots of major contracts and move the market with thousands more.... D/S, Pivots, Levels are all tested before a move is made.... and a trader to make money, has to take some risk. If the strategy is tested and one has confidence in it, what others do should not matter..... Just my view.

DSM

Riddhi,

Just checked the crude data to see the number of contracts traded around the price of 3,188

It is evident more than 1,500+ contracts have been traded around the price +-2. And secondly, about 750 contracts was traded around 1:23-1:24, and then another similar number of contracts 15 minutes later at 12:37

Trust this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.