Retail Algorithmic Trading Platform

Other than IB are there any retail brokers in India providing online algorithmic trading platform with ready to order algos like VWAP, iceberg, OCO, hidden and discretionary, scalping, etc. Kindly highlight pls
I exactly know what you guys are asking for and for both the best broker is Zerodha..

One of the lucky ones who got to test i3 for them, all the execution based algo's mentioned by you are available..

Karnataka stamp duty is max Rs 50 per day, so as good as not being there for a high volume guy!!!
Please quote few names of the algo utility providers.

Thanx in advance
I am associated with a project named Wisdom Capital. Being a trader (Basically scalper), I understand the problem of a trader specially if he has to trade in Indian Market.

So far Algo trading provided by the brokers (hundreds of such brokers available in India on date), I have seen the system is best of its kind is Globe Capital, But they used to charge 15000 PM for thieir system to use. Also they charge high rate of brokerage. So its not feasible for small traders like us.
No doubt Zerodha is an excellent service provider, but since I have not used their Algo trading I can't comment about their system.

Now What I am trying to gift my trading community friends, unlimited trading facility @ 1111/- pm irrespective of NSE cash/FNO/MCX & MCSX. For Algo Trading we are in touch with few of the best software providers in the world. But at present we could start with Global data feeds with Nest platform just like Zerodha. Actually a lot of things are in Beta testing phase. Once it will be fully functional, we will let my Traderji friends, with proper Advertisements.

Thanks & regards
Dev Mookerji

mkbsiva

I am associated with a project named Wisdom Capital. Being a trader (Basically scalper), I understand the problem of a trader specially if he has to trade in Indian Market.

So far Algo trading provided by the brokers (hundreds of such brokers available in India on date), I have seen the system is best of its kind is Globe Capital, But they used to charge 15000 PM for thieir system to use. Also they charge high rate of brokerage. So its not feasible for small traders like us.
No doubt Zerodha is an excellent service provider, but since I have not used their Algo trading I can't comment about their system.

Now What I am trying to gift my trading community friends, unlimited trading facility @ 1111/- pm irrespective of NSE cash/FNO/MCX & MCSX. For Algo Trading we are in touch with few of the best software providers in the world. But at present we could start with Global data feeds with Nest platform just like Zerodha. Actually a lot of things are in Beta testing phase. Once it will be fully functional, we will let my Traderji friends, with proper Advertisements.

Thanks & regards
Dev Mookerji
:thumb::thumb::clapping::clapping:

Eagerly waiting... and also best wishes for you bro....:thumb:

Algo

I have been doing fully automated trading for the last one year and have used all the vendors and three different brokers. I have accumulated a list of brokers offering Algo Trading capabilities and vendors they are associated with:
1. ShareKhan- Symphony (www.sharekhan.com)
2. Zerodha- Omnesys (http://www.zerodha.com/)
3. Mastertrust- Omnesys (http://mastertrust.co.in)
4. Phillip Capital- Symphony (http://www.phillipcapital.in/)
5. Destimoney Securities - Symphony (www.destimoney.com)
6. Composite Edge - Symphony (www.compositedge.com)
7. GRD Securities - Symphony (www.grdgroupz.com)
8. Sykes & Ray Equities- Symphony (www.sre.co.in)

All the brokers are having their own target market and both the vedors have their own capabilities:
1. Omnesys plugin/NEST- BENEFITS: It is a great software and beats symphony in the number of installations. It is very cheap (however if you include the total charges in a year's cycle, icluding data feed charges, hardware charges, brokerage etc. it comes near to symphony itself).

Some drawbacks include, custom strategy development will not be done by Omnesys itself but by other free lancers which reslut in lots of errors and headache. Also, Omnesys Plugin only sends the orders directly to exchange. With a trader like me who extracts maximum profits out of triggers generated from AmiBroker by custom bracket orders, trailing stop loss profit booking etc. it is not advisable because they cannot provide it.

2. Symphony- BENEFITS They have another great software presto which is customizable to the T. They seem to be winning the war of signing up with most retail brokers from omnesys and their development team develops the logic themselves. They also have complete open APIs if a trader is a programmer himself:)confused:). They can connect their algo platform with TradeStation, AmiBroker, MS Excel, MetaTrader etc with custom execution logic. Also, one thing, They can automatically send orders to multiple client accounts.
DRAWBACKS They seem to be expensive to some traders in first look, however, the custom offerings they offer and guidance given including paperwork, connection to broker, live feed from exchange via leaseline/vsat only they can do so. Another drawback is the development time they take. They take one month for developing any strategy which i believe is the biggest headache. Also, except composite edge, their other partner brokers like sharekhan or GRD has attitude issues and quite expensive.

SUMMARY:
If you are a small trader doing turnover between 2lac to 50 lac daily you should go ahead and immediately signup with Zerodha or mastertrust (You anyways will not have an execution logic to run with AmiBroker triggers)

If you a trader with turnover more than 50 lac per day and want custom Stoploss, Profit Target, trading in multiple client accounts etc., immediately sign up with symphony.

So let me know if i can claim myself to be an expert in automated trading of India. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Personally i am passionate about auto trading and want to become superstar like other people in Traderji with more than 20 greenblocks or whatever that is. :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks & regards
Dev Mookerji

mastermind007

If you don't trade nifty options/nifty futures today.. everything else is just messed..
bharath

I would like to send you a private message about this. Can you please enable it.

Hello Algo-
I have sent you a separate email to your gmail account regarding FPGA market data feed handlers. We are into low latency high frequency trading. I wanted to touch base with you to provide more information.

Thx,
Jigar

Algo

Hello,
Great to hear HFT players also come in Traderji. Unfortunately i do not have much knowledge on HFT or arbitrage. Anyways, will check your mail.

Hello Algo-
I have sent you a separate email to your gmail account regarding FPGA market data feed handlers. We are into low latency high frequency trading. I wanted to touch base with you to provide more information.

Thx,
Jigar

Hello Algo-

Thx,
Jigar

Hello I am also interested in FPGA based trading please tell me how to contact you?
Thank you

mastermind007

Hello Friends

I have developed fully functional automated trading system that works for NFO, NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEX ....

It is capable of handling data at a high speeds (highest ever recorded speed was 1800 ticks a second across 200 tickers).

Although it is capable of firing approx 50 to 100 orders in a second easily, exchanges at the moment throttle it.

As of now, It comes without any built in strategy and without any technical indicators library. I had attempted to merge it with 3rd party TA library but it was slowing it down massively and hence I removed it.

You can run any number of strategies (that you have to create) on it concurrently and the constraint is the hardware and data feed and obviously exchanges.

At the moment, it is capable of trading any stock or futures unattended in any combination. Programming language is C#. You can run it from PC at home, although you would need to have reasonably fault tolerance built in for power failures, internet connectivity etc etc ... OR better to move it to a VPS.

It is complete as a product however it does not have any user interface so anyone wanting it has to also be able to program own strategy. I have no idea of how many people would want it or how many people would be prepared to write additional code to get the work done.

Primary aim of writing this is to find out on how many people would be interested and what can be done to move forward. This is neither an advertisement nor a solicitation.

Last edited: