Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

praveen taneja

Good to heard..!!!

After 3 years, which price will trade any prediction or calculation?
next year march 350

Next year Diwali 280

march 16 350-360

and the see saw goes on:thumb:

Rule is simple more you go down on crude higher the cost lower the production:)

Einstein

I am not expert to comment on cairn future profitability. But this this article
Pointed some negative points on Cairn
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/money-wise/stock-insight/cairn-india/article6557963.ece
Yes, I am well aware of that 1.5 billion $ charity to vedanta and I don't think this will affect the fundamentals, I belive they will shortly reinitiate the buyback program soon in the near future (6 months) this will be their third attempt if im not wrong. its a long term investmetn so I am not concerned about short term correction in oil priceses and other negative news. will see.

Einstein

Actually, Charlie and I(Buffett) have encouraged the idea that shareholders should behave like owners, not sheep – where, in too many cases, they’ve been shorn. Big institutional shareholders have too long sat on the sidelines when they should have been active. [Now that they’re finally waking up,] the question is: Can they behave like intelligent owners? In last year or two, as they’ve woken up, they’ve searched for checklists, but frankly, a checklist is no substitute for thinking. Bertrand Russell once said: “Most men would rather die than think. Many do.”

Einstein

But you need something in the way you’re programmed so you don’t lose a lot of money. Our best ideas haven’t done better than others’ best ideas, but we’ve lost less. We’ve never gone two steps forward and then one step back – maybe just a fraction of a step back.

Munger: And of course the place to look when you’re young is the inefficient markets. You shouldn’t be trying to guess if one drug company is going to have a better pipeline than another.

Einstein

As Ben Graham said in chapter 8 of The Intelligent Investor: The market is there to serve you, not instruct you. If it does something silly, it gives you a chance to do something. It just sets prices. If it doesn’t give you an opportunity, go play bridge and come back the next day. And the nice thing is that the prices will be different.

Einstein

[Mr. Buffett, on June 23, 1999 you shared with Business Week:

If I was running $1 million today, or $10 million for that matter, I'd be fully invested. Anyone who says that size does not hurt investment performance is selling. The highest rates of return I've ever achieved were in the 1950s. I killed the Dow. You ought to see the numbers. But I was investing peanuts then. It's a huge structural advantage not to have a lot of money. I think I could make you 50% a year on $1 million. No, I know I could. I guarantee that.]

Thoughts on Indiabulls Housing Finance?

Looking at the accounting numbers, I'm considering adding it to my portfolio when the market re-opens on Friday.