Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

Einstein

Nifty is in red, portfolio still in green!!..

by the way, you know you are a value investors, when your family members starts considering your working place /working desk as a 'raddi' place... (tons of annual reports)

Einstein

Fund performance from January 2013 till June 2014

My previous portfolio gain on same period: 64%. ( even while allocating equal capital to each stock). VS.

Just want to add another things, this is not 'mine is bigger then yours contest' It about what works and what don't. :thanx:

as per my study, most of these funds are like index based fund, holding 30-50 to 60 stocks in their portfolio, point to note here is that most of them made 10-15% gain in last 2 months, their 5 year gain is pathetic (between 10-15 max 20%).
clearly non of them have a sustained growth rate. the problem with index fund is when everyone is doing it and the market starts going down, you'll be the biggest looser- seth klarman.

Last edited:

Einstein

http://indianexpress.com/article/bu...-pitch-for-national-asset-management-company/

These jokers, who enjoyed high interested on loans to their damads and relative corporate players, now want our corrupt govt to setup a dud company and spin off their NPAs to them and wants taxpayers money to secure their sins?? unbelievable..

monthly increase in diesel price, increase in gas price to reliance and other companies, 10% increase in urea prices, FDI in 'defence' our govt is really doing a great job.

Last edited:

jamit_05

Fund performance from January 2013 till June 2014

as per my study, most of these funds are like index based fund, holding 30-50 to 60 stocks in their portfolio, point to note here is that most of them made 10-15% gain in last 2 months, their 5 year gain is pathetic (between 10-15 max 20%).

clearly non of them have a sustained growth rate. the problem with index fund is when everyone is doing it and the market starts going down, you'll be the biggest looser- seth klarman.
Investing in Fund houses (MFs etc) is a very bad idea because they have these exorbitant costs/expenses. Which leave little for the investor.

But, if an individual investor applies value investing to Index scrips then it is not too bad an idea.

Einstein

HI, Einstein

Kindly suggest your view...
anything between 20-30% is a good return, in my view very good indeed. and your overall return is impressive :cheers: , but there are few points I would like to raise.

1. Reliance mutual fund have highest holding of reliance industries, icici fund have highest holding of icici bank, hdfc equity fund have highest holding of hdfc fund.. Most are like index fund selling their own shares to investors.

2. almost every fund has failed to deliver a sustained growth rate. This is a very very crucial point in investing. An investor who earns 16 percent annual returns over a decade, will surprisingly, end up with more money than an investor who earns 20 percent a year for nine years and then loses 15 percent the tenth year.

And these funds(even performing funds) making good amount 1 year, are loose 20-30% another year.

Rule #1. never loose money. <<- He wasn't drunk when he said that.

finally, Their portfolio have high turnover ratio, means they are buying and selling quickly, this is intact do generate high brokerage (fund handing charges go up). which will lower the investor's profit. I don't have detail information on their charges, would appreciate if someone will post something on their charges and taxes here.

and PMS service in India are very pathetic, PMS charging investors 20-22%(profit sharing), while returns are below 20% per annum.

I have noted down your fund, and will check their portfolio too, currently reading few books in line(currently reading margin of safety) and will start working on these portfolio soon.

anything between 20-30% is a good return, in my view very good indeed. and your overall return is impressive :cheers: , but there are few points I would like to raise.

1. Reliance mutual fund have highest holding of reliance industries, icici fund have highest holding of icici bank, hdfc equity fund have highest holding of hdfc fund.. Most are like index fund selling their own shares to investors.

2. almost every fund has failed to deliver a sustained growth rate. This is a very very crucial point in investing. An investor who earns 16 percent annual returns over a decade, will surprisingly, end up with more money than an investor who earns 20 percent a year for nine years and then loses 15 percent the tenth year.

And these funds(even performing funds) making good amount 1 year, are loose 20-30% another year.

Rule #1. never loose money. <<- He wasn't drunk when he said that.

finally, Their portfolio have high turnover ratio, means they are buying and selling quickly, this is intact do generate high brokerage (fund handing charges go up). which will lower the investor's profit. I don't have detail information on their charges, would appreciate if someone will post something on their charges and taxes here.

and PMS service in India are very pathetic, PMS charging investors 20-22%(profit sharing), while returns are below 20% per annum.

I have noted down your fund, and will check their portfolio too, currently reading few books in line(currently reading margin of safety) and will start working on these portfolio soon.

Thanks for valuable suggestion!!!

I don' like SIP's

My strategy is buy on dips....I was missed Reliance vision fund @ 28 level NAV.,

Remaining BSF @ ICICI DPlan units accumulated on dips.

Also suggest any good MFund's Plans.

Einstein

I guess you won't find me suggesting any Mutual fund or PMS as I am against tthem. It is better to do your own analysis, this is why this thread is still open :thumb: