Regular Income From Markets. Risk Free. Takes no Time

If today Nifty moves further 2% from here, will it be UP or DOWN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamit_05

The problem with the selling concept is that, we are counting of prices being range bound by 100 pts. Tad bit much to ask for. If entry was at 4800, we want exit near 4800 .... else we will lose. So, it feels odds are a little against us. We may get a couple of days of cool-off... but is that really enough.

Like, the Friday trade... cost of sell 174... and on Monday cost is still 178... even after two days of decay.... and tomorrow is a Tue, which often explodes.

The idea of this thread is to have high probability trades, like in any sound business. Profit could be tiny.

jamit_05

So, I will continue discussing the buying concept till we are good at it.

Current cost of purchase is 174... we know it is high (very high). We will wait for a recession.

gurmy.

The problem with the selling concept is that, we are counting of prices being range bound by 100 pts. Tad bit much to ask for. If entry was at 4800, we want exit near 4800 .... else we will lose. So, it feels odds are a little against us. We may get a couple of days of cool-off... but is that really enough.

Like, the Friday trade... cost of sell 174... and on Monday cost is still 178... even after two days of decay.... and tomorrow is a Tue, which often explodes.

The idea of this thread is to have high probability trades, like in any sound business. Profit could be tiny.
dear jamit,
do'nt just drop the idea of selling before checking it fully

just paper trade for 4 trades

rules should be same,sell after a rally,sell on thu/fri

exit at 10% gain or 10% loss or next friday whichever is earlier

probability of making profit is more in selling because of time decay which works in favour of selling and against of buying

let us start paper trading

the first trade we will follow,which u have already mentioned

4900ce and 4700pe sold at 175 (on friday)

today morning the nifty was down by 50 points but the pair cost was merely up by 3-4 points(time decay)

no harm in trying because if this idea clicks as the buying idea shown by u
than it will be a SAR like situation,and we will be in the trade most of the time

jamit_05

Cost is still to high to purchase... 170. Need 40 points taken out... seems like we will have to wait till atleast Thursday EOD. Or may not get a trade at all this week.

No harm done. It is expected of a trader to have patience. Especially, with methods that have a high probability of success. Even, two to three good trades a month are more than enough. (too much actually, I think I am happy with only one good trade a month :)

gurmy.

Cost is still to high to purchase... 170. Need 40 points taken out... seems like we will have to wait till atleast Thursday EOD. Or may not get a trade at all this week.

No harm done. It is expected of a trader to have patience. Especially, with methods that have a high probability of success. Even, two to three good trades a month are more than enough. (too much actually, I think I am happy with only one good trade a month :)
very well said

patience is the key to successful trading

dont run behind the trade

let the trade come to you

happy trading

jamit_05

The short made it... just could barely get 156.75 in.... So one trade up... Not bad for one day of work.... lets just trade a few more trades :)

Gurmy... tks.

PS: Since i knew the 1 min trend was strongly up at a point... I took a few points risk... sold the PE first... and CE a little later...just a few mins... nothing to opine over...

jamit_05

Observations

We noticed how one day was enough to meet 10% target on the short. Hence, it is evident that losing 10% value in a day is not only possible but commonplace. It also happened once last week too.

So it just might be possible that we form a trading method from the perspective of a pendulum's swing. Go long when at one extreme... square off near middle.... then short when at the other extreme.... and square off at target.

It is better said than done. It will take quite a bit of experience to pull it off. In this arena, to start out with things are not as simple as they look.

Day about to start...