Reg: Intra daytrading software

Re: Reg: Intra daytrading

Hi all,
when we have so many a geniuses ready to join this great saga,then I think we can really think something big(just beyond the availability of intradaydata for all).If all our expectations and probablities,can be translated into codes,whatever the platform may be,then we can really give these bullshit money minting machines(who switch on and off the necessary indicators and other facilities acc. to their whims) a ru for their money.

But for the process to be initiated,a few stages needs to be crossed and given a
professioal food of thought:

Stage 1:
1)Shortlist a team of completely comitted people(who r dedicated for a cause)
2)Shortlist a few people who are ready for funding,or can take the responsibility of collecting a suffient fund for different miscelleneous necessities(A hard task,but not impossible)

Stage 2:
1)Set an agenda of the project.
2)Set an approximate date of begining with the project.
3)Set an approximate target of completing it.(All open source projects have generally a good begining,but only a handful of them turn into realities).
4)Make a common platform,(maybe a dedicated thread,or tailor made group forum)
for discussing technicalities.

Stage 3:
Itis a critical part.Collecting the expectations of the people,and shortlisting them(already the process has started unknowingly,but now it is to maginify and cut short in a specified time).In the mean time,the other works(stated above) need to be finalised.

Hope these basics are completed as fast as it can be done,and the actual work begins.
In this context I would like to quote something,which I have already quoted in one of my other threads(with a bit modified version):

There are a lot of youngsters,who have Dreams unlimited;----there are a lot of true analysts,who have Brains unlimited;---there are a lot of seniors who have Visions and Knowledge unlimited;----and there are a lot of stray folks who have Ideal Money unlimited;----if there occurs a rational and holistic fusion of these aparent anamolies in the stockmarket,---then our dependence on these unscrupulus oganisations would minimise,and those who will be ready to work hard would really be able to reap the fruits of glory---not only for themselves, but probably for the entire country.
Regards,
joy_mitali

sh50 said:
The Indiabulls pple approached me only a couple of days ago and if everybody wants, I can take this up strongly with them. If its supposed to be a cladestine affair, that's different.

Pl take up very seriously.After all it is for everybody's benefit.I think there is no secret mission in our efforts

Well said Joy...

but what i feel at this moment is.. if we start keep collecting info and start expanding the Scope of Work (SOW) then we need nowhere.

So, lets concentrate on what we need the most(i mean what we originally thought of)
and complete the development first.

First lets divide this Open Source Developement into 2 or 3 Phases and then
start with Phase I.

1. Finalise the SOW (Scope Of Work)
2. Prepare Functional Specs
3. Decide on a Platform (VB or Java). I feel VB will take less coding time. and we are not bothered abt much security
4. Developement (module wise)
5. Testing
6. Implementation
7. Expanding the SOW....

Hope this info will be a starting point for us to start writing SOW.
Regards
Satya

The following software experts members are willing to contribute their knowledge.

(1) srisara
[email protected]

(2) joy_mitali
joy_mitali

(3) younggenious
[email protected]

(4) sunnyday
[email protected]

My idea about he scope of the work. I am not a software expert, so please bear with me. :))

What we need:

An software for real time data.

Data source:

India Bulls, 5-paisa, NSE INDIA etc.

I have suggested NSE India, since it is free and open for all. Quote tracker takes data from NSE. Similarly we take data from NSE and feed into TA software. We take-up other data sources in the future scope of work.

About Software:

This need to do the two important functions:

(1) Routing the live feed from the data source to TA software for selected securities.

(2) In case of power-cut and internet disruptions then back-filling the data during the market hours for the selected securities.

Back-filling from NSE is the real challenge. In NSE site we can view the current data tick chart (for ex: Tisco ) so the tick data is stored somewhere till the market opens the next day, can we use this?

The platform VB/JAVA need to decided by the above experts. I wish, our software uses the minimum system resources. Since, it is a free software and no security issue is involved, may be we can choose VB as the platform as suggested by the Mr.Satya.

Hope I am clear. Members please comment on the scope of work and tell your ideas about the functional aspects, please keep it simple and small.

With warm regards.

K Karunakaran.
[email protected]

Respected members,

As joy_mittal said if we start this project the interested parties has to commit till the goal accomplished. Deciding the technology either VB/Java is not a big deal.
The perfect functional specification is very much important with the exact requirements. Its good to have domain experts like mittal in the technical team also. So i request you all to decide the scope of the project first and then we have to prepare the SRS. Once this is done we can have a prototype prepared first so that we can feel the work flow. Then rest of the techie process we can start....

comments plz

Sunny

Hi! Everyone

Count me in.
Though I am also not a software expert I do have some familiarty with Java.
But then I am willing to learn...

Also since this will be an open source project, I think we should opt for Java.
Java is available on all platforms unlike VB which is Windows specfic.
(I use Linux). But then it depends on the majority.

Regards!

Hi all
JAVA ,C,C++,VBA-----what does it matter?I really do not uderstand.
Modules/functions r supposed to be written.
THe logic has to be interpretted.
Thase who want to write a VBA module,write-----
those who want to write JAVA/C functions write----
when we have pros in our team like sunnyday,and others who r proficient in both,----he/they can probably easily convert the logic in the finalised platforom chosen---
why dont we start with the scope of the project??

As ops2ops has pointed out that--- our priority is making availabity of intraday data for everybody,so leet it be it.

But one problem is going on in my mind.
What ops2ops is suggesting will probably need to hack NSE/other servers.---which is criminal offence by law.
Am i wrong? maybe-----plz seniors/knowledgebles comment.
And plz ,all pros------Plz let us proceed as sunnyday is saying---fast
Regards,
joy_mitali

Hi,

I briefly went through the thread posting and thought maybe this can be of help (I have crossposted this link on some other thread too).

There is an opensource charting software called Market Analysis System
http://eiffel-mas.sourceforge.net/

I tried to use it once but something crashed and then have'nt looked at it since then.
Someone can take a look at that software. It is JAVA based and opensource and there are quite a few indicators in there. Also, I would recommend that if you are starting to design a full fledge software, you can pick up from where MAS leaves or if you are starting from scratch, then use resources of source-forge.net and opensource development techniques from the same site. It would be just great to have Indian programmers working on opensource project. About time we gave a nice answer to people here (US) who keep complaining that Indians only code for money!

Thanks
ALL THE BEST!
Nihar

Sorry for ranting...
1. I think the software should be written in JAVA for the sake of portability. I believe most people who do serioius technical analysis will have access to a machine which is atleast 800Mhz and 128MB of RAM with WinXP or even lesser if you are using Win98

2. Can traderji change the name of the thread to "Intraday data s/w (was Intraday....) or something more meaningful so that its easier to search in future or more informative for someone new on the forums.

This is great!
Thanks
Nihar